New shock absorber coming from the US.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

I'd be interested in trying them out and giving an honest opinion/thoughts on them on here if Tex can send me a set to try on truggy & buggy?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Tex - My name is Dennis Jr. they call me D J me and a few others will be coming from Louisiana/Mississippi to round 1 of the Pro series in Texas!!!!!! I would like to meet up if you will be there, and take a look at those babies for myself. Keep us posted thanks!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

DJ Indy will be round 2 of the Texas state series. I think at a few people that want to meet up with Tex and Im one for sure.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tex1
Pics? - No pics at this time due to the change from prototype differences from actual production. Aslo due to the IP involved we would rather not. Expect this by the end of the month.

Price? - $79.99 per pair. They come in 95, 105, 115 and 125mm pairs.

Proof? - Can't offer you anything good here except if someone gets on that has run them during our preproduction phase.

Release date? - Late April to early may.

Its simple. If we deliver a shock that can do what we say it does then give it a try. If it does not do all of those things to offer you that adjustability then don't buy them. It just makes sense. I will not cry about it.

I have several patents and am involved in other industries. Stay tuned and hopefully you will be very pleased. I'm working hard for that.
TEX
Its great to see you taking the plunge and manufacturing something you believe in .

But as for patents good luck as the chinese dont give a flying F about patents and they will make the same product at 1/4 of the price for 4 pieces.

Good luck taking them to court those people have no laws or follow laws .

well anyway i wish you success.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Definately keep us posted. I can't wait to see some pics or better yet a cool video.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Its great to see you taking the plunge and manufacturing something you believe in .

But as for patents good luck as the chinese dont give a flying F about patents and they will make the same product at 1/4 of the price for 4 pieces.

Gawd, he's a ray of sunshine ain't he?

Good luck on your new venture Tex! Love to try a set of your magic shocks up here in the midwest.

Don't give em to Jesse! Christ! Like he needs a leg up!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING

How do you know Tex is not having his shocks made in China?

I'll tell you this much if Tex's shocks are made here in good ol USA they would be worth the extra $100 a set than the Chinese Junk that would be a knock off. give me better stuff for more money every day of the week...that's why I drive XRAY...
Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

i was lucky enough to try these shocks today. the first thing i noticed is the car didn't bounce down the track. you think your car is smooth now, put these shocks on and the car doesn't bobble at all.

i can't explane the differance, and it took about three laps to get use to them. wish i could tell more, but the feeling can't be put into words. well, "surefooted" maybe a way to discribe them....

landing after a good size jump, you would think it would chassie slap, but it doesn't. i remember after landing the first jump i tried, the car didn't bottom out. (ware it would with my regular shocks) i thought to myself, "crap, these things really work".

run light enough oil to let the suspention work, yet the car is planted after a jump. i think tex is on to something here.

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 03-07-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
How do you know Tex is not having his shocks made in China?

I'll tell you this much if Tex's shocks are made here in good ol USA they would be worth the extra $100 a set than the Chinese Junk that would be a knock off. give me better stuff for more money every day of the week...that's why I drive XRAY...
Yes i agree i would pay the extra for quality for sure .all i was saying is that patents dont mean anything in coutries like china thats all .i have paid thousands of dollars for patents and let me tell you in countries like china they didnt mean a thing no matter how i tried to protect my product.

thats all im saying didnt mean to to offend anyone .My advice is dont waste your money on patents just make the product the best there is out of the best materials and forget patents.

your on a winner and i will defenatly buy your shocks but dont bother with patents put that money into materials and production as your only helping the lawyers with patents and copyrights.

Let me know when they are available i would love to try them .I will support your product as i love suppoting the underdog
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I dont think you would be able to sell the product in the US if it infringed on a patent. Of course in other countries.........
Old 03-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default Patents

If you get a provisional patent (cheaper and quicker to obtain), you'll be good for a year. You can then claim "Patent Pending" in your adds and that will give you time to raise funds and square away that actual patent. Do as much work as you can yourself because there are some real leach patent lawyers out there and they are real expensive. If someone tries to rip you off, it just validates your design and you can always claim to be the original. Always have an improved version in the works so if you do get ripped, you can be one step ahead of the competition.

Anyways, I'd like to tryout these shocks. Hopefully you'll have them out soon and fit my RC8.

Last edited by ConciliumDesign; 03-09-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

whats the name of your shocks going to be?

if you don't, how about, "Tex's Holdums".... get it! holds the track!

ok, i clean pools for a living and have alot of time to think.

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 03-09-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Had some good news...

A top local driver ran the new shocks this weekend. After 3 small tweeks to dial them in he stated it was the best his car had felt.

They also ran very well on the truck and other buggies.

Doug - "M-Shocks" enough said. BTW - I thought you were only supposed to talk trash at the track....
Rocco's story is very funny. At least he left his skirt at home for Sunday!

Pre-production parts comming in! Hope the full explination helped you Doug.
TEX
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

A top local driver ran the new shocks this weekend. After 3 small tweeks to dial them in he stated it was the best his car had felt.

They also ran very well on the truck and other buggies.

Doug - "M-Shocks" enough said. BTW - I thought you were only supposed to talk trash at the track....
Rocco's story is very funny. At least he left his skirt at home for Sunday!

Pre-production parts comming in! Hope the full explination helped you Doug.
TEX
yes it did, i realize that due to the soft setups that i like, these are a must for me. and are you refering to me as the top local driver?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Doug - "M-Shocks" enough said.
naw, i like "Tex's Holdums". payment for naming them would be a free set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.