Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

maybe someone need some v2 motor ...
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Solara
Wait a minute, if you KNOW Speed passion is actually a HOBBYWING, why are you buying Speed Passion speed control..? You must be very rich, or you just love to waste your money........or you are just plain stupid, right..?

BTW...why are you even here in Speed Passion thread? Or you know this is actually a HOBBYWING thread...since you know EXACTLY what Speed Passion is, or you know CHINESE...?

FOOL..............
calling people stupid and fool? who are you? mr t from the a team? not very proffesional are you MATE. you better hope speed passions work in progress is a hobbywing beater, let alone tekin/gm or your going to be red faced dude.
everybody needs to calm down. all that matters is that you enjoy your racing no matter what speedo you use.its all about a good day out.
i use speed passion speedos and motors always have, but if your a TEAM DRIVER maybe ill take my hard earned elsewhere. i run my local club nights and so (with no reward/sponsership) let those who want to go faster know that there is more than tekin/gm. ie speed passion. never let me down, aftersales superb etc.
i find most of your comments aggressive if not insulting, dont let it get to you,relax,enjoy rc racing.dont put people off sp.rise above it. look at that guy still waiting for his hw repair. how long? sp would have replaced or repaired by now.and maybe thats why its worth paying a bit more, for more or less the same.............
if you think im wrong then give me 30 days in the cooler, ive got my ball ready......
Old 05-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After a day of all this nonsense, lets move on.
Thankyou.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

DELETED.

Last edited by charlie_b; 05-05-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Some people just need to let things go.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I just loaded 422 into my speedo and the interface on my laptop says "please upgrade software"
The interface reads Database version 100422, v1.32, hardware version HW427_v1.0
What I do wrong?

I dunno what is up. Dl the 422 to the 2.1. My LCD card says to update software. My interface 1.32v pops up a window that says the same thing. I delteted all SP stuff on my laptop and DL the latest ver of 1.32 off the site. Still says the same thing.
Played with the settings thru the program card. ALL 15 programable items are there. Funny thing is after I d/l or hit default settings, my thottle and brake are reversed...weird. I reset the transmitter to the speedo and its back to normal. I cannot get full throttle at all. No green light at full throttle. I have set the transmitter at max 140..nothing....even set it at 70% then bump up to 140%...nothing. I kinda wish I left the 2.1 alone now with the 110 setting. I could bench test the 110 and could see and feel the punch kick in. This one...nothing. What did I do wrong?
Can't even go back to 110 as the apply button never is up. I've hit upgrade several time Nothing. says Current 422 cant upgrade to 110. Wish I left this alone. Everything was fine before I messed with the 422. Physical timeing is at 5deg. Used a general setting from a team driver that was having good results. Using a 17.5

Help
David
Old 05-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kwiksi
I just loaded 422 into my speedo and the interface on my laptop says "please upgrade software"
What I do wrong?

I dunno what is up. Dl the 422 to the 2.1. My LCD card says to update software. My interface 1.32v pops up a window that says the same thing. I delteted all SP stuff on my laptop and DL the latest ver of 1.32 off the site. Still says the same thing.
Played with the settings thru the program card. ALL 15 programable items are there. Funny thing is after I d/l or hit default settings, my thottle and brake are reversed...weird. I reset the transmitter to the speedo and its back to normal. I cannot get full throttle at all. No green light at full throttle. I have set the transmitter at max 140..nothing....even set it at 70% then bump up to 140%...nothing. I kinda wish I left the 2.1 alone now with the 110 setting. I could bench test the 110 and could see and feel the punch kick in. This one...nothing. What did I do wrong?
Can't even go back to 110 as the apply button never is up. I've hit upgrade several time Nothing. says Current 422 cant upgrade to 110. Wish I left this alone. Everything was fine before I messed with the 422. Physical timeing is at 5deg. Used a general setting from a team driver that was having good results. Using a 17.5

Help
David
Hey David. One other person had similar issues as you. Here are the steps to install the software that worked for me.

1. Uninstall the Speedpassion Software. Delete all Speedpassion files including the downloaded file in your downloaded software as well as your shortcuts.
2. Download the 1.32 Software from the Speedpassion site. Once downloaded, extract it(right click, then click extract).
3. Install the software. Once installed, close it.
4. Go into your program files in your C drive and look for the Speedpassion Folder. You should only have 1. Once in the folder, Delete both the "Version" file and the "Settings" file.
5. Now, with the new 422 software folder, Drag the "Version" file into the Speedpassion folder. It should drop right in. If it asks to "move and replace" and it shouldn't click yes. Do the same for the "Settings" file. Close the folders.
6. Plug the USB cable of teh LCD box to your USB Port and the LCB Box cable into your ESC and turn it on.
7. On your screen of your PC, goto ESC, then Software. Under 'Choice Version', the very first selection should be the 422. If it isn't then the computer isn't accepting the new file.

*I mainly adjust the settings on the LED box, not the LCD box. for some reason, the settings on the LCD box is different, liek drag brake on teh LCD says 25% and the LED is 30%, etc.

Good luck with your set hope..hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Update.
Well all is good now.
I looked at my settings and saw I had DRRS at around 3. Set it to about 7.
Then recalibrated the radio to speedo with EPA at 100%. Holy S$%^!! Got the green light at max throttle. Thing almost ran me over.

Charlie_b
I will try that stff tomorrow. Still weird that I couldn't get 422 "out" fo my speedo without upgrading software.
Thanx
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kwiksi
What I do wrong?

Help
David
"Upgrade Software" is only the PC Interface you will have no problem,
its because every time you run PC Interface it will detect new software from the site. it also because the site already had the new PC Interface to download.
if you are still using PC Interface from HW, you will always able to get your 422 out of your speedo and switch them with old firmware that compatible with SP PC Interface, right now SP PC Interface is not compatible with your 422 firmware from HW, so stay with HW PC Interface.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Irgo, thankyou for posting this. This is good information.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo
its because every time you run PC Interface it will detect new software from the site. it also because the site already had the new PC Interface to download.
if you are still using PC Interface from HW, you will always able to get your 422 out of your speedo and switch them with old firmware that compatible with SP PC Interface, right now SP PC Interface is not compatible with your 422 firmware from HW, so stay with HW PC Interface.
Where can I get d/l the HW interface?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by irgo
Can you please elaborate?

I have same issue. I checked SP site no new software, I click the update button frorm the software again nothing (actually got network error although there is no proxy)

What I have done was to updgrade my lcd card with the beta software (making it from 1.02 to 1.03) from a link posted on this forum (although lcd card now write HW0904...)

Where is that new software to download it from?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ....

I too am having difficulties... I broke down and figured what the heck... I was gonna go through the motions again and put something else on my esc... I currently have 230 on now..... when I did the download from sp site I couldn't even get anything better than 107 and 110.... not sure what I did wrong there.... and once it came up even saying that it wanted to convert to a Hobbywing version 1.61 for my program card..... I did not and have not ever downloaded or even gone to the hobbywing site so I really don't know where that came from.... just also wondering did david use the hw 422 or does sp even offer anything better than the 231/230... I asked this a week ago and never got a response.... or did I miss a leaked out version that may have gotten deleated in a post somewhere... I would like to be running and testing a version that is maybe possibly closer to what a final release is gonna be...
I proudly wear and use my speedpassion stuff at the track and I think out of about 6 drivers that were running sp stuff at xmas time I am only maybe two still running these products.... so I still trying to keep the sp alive here and would really like to make those others that abandoned sp for t$k&n eat thier shorts LOL... please help....
is 230/231 the best that us common folk can get right now (if we seemed to have missed the boat on a leaked sw??) even pm me another version I don't care. I enjoy tinkering with this new stuff and now that we are outside on the paved track I can practise so much more!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Please be patient. If we don't release a newerversion software soon, it is because the current one we are testing can use a little more UMPHFF. We have a bunch of driver's testing so know that what SP releases will be the result of all our hard work.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerb
I too am having difficulties... I broke down and figured what the heck... I was gonna go through the motions again and put something else on my esc... I currently have 230 on now..... when I did the download from sp site I couldn't even get anything better than 107 and 110.... not sure what I did wrong there.... and once it came up even saying that it wanted to convert to a Hobbywing version 1.61 for my program card..... I did not and have not ever downloaded or even gone to the hobbywing site so I really don't know where that came from.... just also wondering did david use the hw 422 or does sp even offer anything better than the 231/230... I asked this a week ago and never got a response.... or did I miss a leaked out version that may have gotten deleated in a post somewhere... I would like to be running and testing a version that is maybe possibly closer to what a final release is gonna be...
I proudly wear and use my speedpassion stuff at the track and I think out of about 6 drivers that were running sp stuff at xmas time I am only maybe two still running these products.... so I still trying to keep the sp alive here and would really like to make those others that abandoned sp for t$k&n eat thier shorts LOL... please help....
is 230/231 the best that us common folk can get right now (if we seemed to have missed the boat on a leaked sw??) even pm me another version I don't care. I enjoy tinkering with this new stuff and now that we are outside on the paved track I can practise so much more!!!!
Just download the Hobbywing USB link software from the HW thread then yuou can have the speedpissin software and the hobbywing software both on the desktop so you can rollback to whatever software version you like.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Just download the Hobbywing USB link software from the HW thread then yuou can have the speedpissin software and the hobbywing software both on the desktop so you can rollback to whatever software version you like.
do I then have to change the version on my sp program card to hobbywing version??? and what is that?? the 1.61 that it tried to get me to do before?? or wil 1.32 do HW as well??? you can pm if needed if this is not to be disscussed here... don't want to load the thread up with stuff most people already know... thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.