Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi 367 plus 2 engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default novarossi 367 plus 2 engine

im trying to find out some info on this motor?this motor outdated?im looking at a car that has this motor with a half gallon through it.any info on this motor would be great
Old 01-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxracer458
im trying to find out some info on this motor?this motor outdated?im looking at a car that has this motor with a half gallon through it.any info on this motor would be great
The 367 is the best off road motor in the world and will last you a long time as long as you treat it with respect and do some maintenance etc etc .

Dont be cheap on fuel and you will never have a problem
Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

my friend has says its got really good top end. have a look on the novarossi site. that motar is actually designed and manufactured by collari but disributed through novarossi. or it was a partnership. anyway, its a very good motor. worth getting. its gonna be my next motor
Old 01-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191648
Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the 367 is not a good motor it cant last a race without flaming it will not hold a tune why do you think travis amezcua and mike thrue have left novarossi for grp
they are fast WHEN THEY RUN O.S speed is probally the best engine on the market and most prefered
Old 01-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I have about 2 gallons of fuel through my 367 (not modded) and love it. I run the 9901 pipe that came with it and a header off of a JP-2. I am also running the standard C7G plugs like it comes with, and Sidewinder Pro Blend 30/10. It has plently of bottom-in punch with a great mid through top end pull. I have owned several motors (v-spec, P5, 21-5, etc.) and feel that it will run with the best if not out run. It runs any where between 210-230's depending on the temperature outside with NO Flameouts. This is my experience with the 367.

Keith
Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

My experience with the 367 is after 30 liters of fuel, and pushing it to its max with tunning all the time, i can still not turn the motor over when in the car, when out of the car i can barely turn it over.

Produces allot of power, but is still quite smooth. Something that has to be used to experience. The power curve on this motor is amazing.

Robert.Hull: People leave manufactures all the time for different products. To suggest it was because of that is oxymoron IMO. Seriously i can think of dozens of drivers who have switched manufactures, because they either got a better deal, this new product just suited them better, it made it easier for them (say u drove mugen and decided to go to Ninja)

My motor has finished numerous races without incident.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

yea but travis quit cause he was tired of flameouts and ran OS for a short period of time untill he signed with grp
Old 01-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This engine is very needle When you have the needles set right, the top end is unreal. I literally watched this engine tuned in my friend's car rip past guys on the straight. But like I said, you have tune it properly. I've run it with standard and turbo head button. No flameouts. I yes, you need good fuel, no off cheap stuff. I ran it on TQ 30%. Also, check the bearings when you get close to 2 gallon mark or just replace them with Boca or TKO. This is known with the plus series engines to have the bearings only last 2 gallons. It should come with the replacements though, as the 367 came with new front and rears in the kit.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-18-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

I have done allot of testing with standard plugs only and found here in Australia the engine is real stubborn with the wrong plug.

In temperatures under 30 degrees C i have found the 6 plug to be perfect, over 30 degrees C i have found the 7 plug is needed. We have not ran the engine in extreme cold yet (below 15 degrees C) but i believe a 6 is needed.

Also i have found this engine (compared to an Axe Rossi Cobra who i was running for before Switching to Novarossi) likes the down low set slightly richer than normal, but does not mind if the HSN is lean...

If you do get this engine and experience any problems, just post here and i will be more than happy to help you. Unfortunately i live in Australia so my Carb settings will be different, but i will try to help
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Usually, the colder the temps, the hotter plugs will work, since it bumps ignition timing up. I generally use #6 or #7 glowplugs only.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
yea but travis quit cause he was tired of flameouts and ran OS for a short period of time untill he signed with grp
Lets get something straight and we can leave it all behind and talk about the 367 .Travis and mike didnt leave Novarossi because of flames outs these guys are better than that .They left Novarossi to go to Grp because of a better offer with money involved and other incentives.

So please lets not say they left because these engines were no good thats not the truth.

Travis and mike never drop a product when there is a problem they leave because they get a better offer that they can't refuse.Look at travis and the HPI hot bodies buggy that car will never get him to the podium and we all know that but he hasnt left has he .Its because the offer is to good to leave no matter if it fails or not.lets be realistic here its all about the money and nothing else .
Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Lets get something straight and we can leave it all behind and talk about the 367 .Travis and mike didnt leave Novarossi because of flames outs these guys are better than that .They left Novarossi to go to Grp because of a better offer with money involved and other incentives.

So please lets not say they left because these engines were no good thats not the truth.

Travis and mike never drop a product when there is a problem they leave because they get a better offer that they can't refuse.
Isn't this how the US runs anyway!?!? Lobby a good deal to people and they will endorse or use anything you give them, good or bad!! Not to say thats what happen here, but that's the general rule of thumb.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Id have a good read of this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191648 the things a heap..... or listen to the Ozzy Novarrosi Importer and its the best engine in the world
Old 01-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING

Travis and mike never drop a product when there is a problem they leave because they get a better offer that they can't refuse.Look at travis and the HPI hot bodies buggy that car will never get him to the podium and we all know that but he hasnt left has he .Its because the offer is to good to leave no matter if it fails or not.lets be realistic here its all about the money and nothing else .
yes you are right but he quit novarossi and ran OS witch is part as the same distrubution as hotbodies he wasnt being paid to run OS like novarossi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.