Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: filing chassis

Originally posted by keithander
Tony - what did you use to file the battery slots down - I'm a bit concerned I haven't taken enough off! Do you think it makes a lot of difference?

thanks,

Keith.
be careful , i filed off to much on mine and the batteries hang a little lower than the chassis. won't make the same mistake on my 3mm when i get it
Old 06-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: filing chassis

Originally posted by keithander
Tony - what did you use to file the battery slots down - I'm a bit concerned I haven't taken enough off! Do you think it makes a lot of difference?

thanks,

Keith.
Keith,

I just used a small file, the file part is about 10mm wide and about 2 mm thick. It came as part of a Cheap'n'Nasty file set that works quite well.

With the new 3mm chassis it's a lot more work then the previous one.

Tony
Old 06-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: filing chassis

Originally posted by GTMilenko
be careful , i filed off to much on mine and the batteries hang a little lower than the chassis. won't make the same mistake on my 3mm when i get it
i made the same mistake on one of the slots...when i get my hands on the 3mm...i hope not to make the same mistake as well!
Old 06-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: filing chassis

Originally posted by davioh
i made the same mistake on one of the slots...when i get my hands on the 3mm...i hope not to make the same mistake as well!
not to much of a worry for me, the batteries get scraped but i only race open stock and were only aloud 1500mah or less nicd which are very cheap, if i was using 3300 matched cells or something it would suck.
i just put tape on the bottom of the cells and the tape gets scraped first, i have to replace the tape every race meet or so.
i don't know why tamiya didn't do it for us, what were they thinking? i bought a cheap set of 10 files to do it and by the time i was finished every file was blunt and went in the bin.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You gotta remember.. Tamiya didn't really shave off the sides, prolly cuz most if not all tamiya cars were meant to be run w/ the same type batteries. The ones I'm using.. heheh... No need to saddle although ladder packs always have better CG. I still run Stick packs=).. lol.. No hassle w/ dat filing stuff. But I did file off the corners, just to round them out.. =).. STICK PACKS ALL THE WAY!!! lol
Old 06-18-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AQuionIV
You gotta remember.. Tamiya didn't really shave off the sides, prolly cuz most if not all tamiya cars were meant to be run w/ the same type batteries. The ones I'm using.. heheh... No need to saddle although ladder packs always have better CG. I still run Stick packs=).. lol.. No hassle w/ dat filing stuff. But I did file off the corners, just to round them out.. =).. STICK PACKS ALL THE WAY!!! lol
but if they did shave off the sides, a stick would still fit. maybe its because tamiya only sells stick packs.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,
I´ve noticed that I can move my spur and shaft a couple of mm back and forth om my Evo 3. Anyyone else noticed this?
Old 06-18-2003, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default New springs release

These new springs will be released in July

53635 SUPER HARD SPRING GRAY 2PCS 300YEN 18TH JULY
53636 ULTRA HARD SPRING RED PURPLE 2PCS 300YEN 18TH JULY

Old 06-18-2003, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

Here are a couple more pics.

Almost there.

Tony
Old 06-18-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Do you all mind sharing the price that you paid for S. EvoIII?

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by defMondo
Here are a couple more pics.

Almost there.

Tony
With a chassis looking that nice, you better TQ and win every race you enter for the next three months! haha.

I don't know if/when I'll upgrade mine to EvoS specs or just pick one up but all I can say is that my current race chassis is tired! Countless club race nights, the Reedy Race, TCS with an 8Dub, the KO GP, and tons of practice...my car has got some mileage. What would be better, keep refreshing the car with replacement bits and then upgrade to EvoS spec (with all the blue bits) or just acquire a new ride?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

rtypec: i am doing pretty much the same as you...i got the blue 42mm shafts already and i am hoping to get my aluminium adonized blue as well...as soon as they come out im getting the 3mm lower deck and diff joints and also...will the upper deck holder be found blue or do you havto get the square one?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
With a chassis looking that nice, you better TQ and win every race you enter for the next three months! haha.

I don't know if/when I'll upgrade mine to EvoS specs or just pick one up but all I can say is that my current race chassis is tired! Countless club race nights, the Reedy Race, TCS with an 8Dub, the KO GP, and tons of practice...my car has got some mileage. What would be better, keep refreshing the car with replacement bits and then upgrade to EvoS spec (with all the blue bits) or just acquire a new ride?
Rod, your right, your EVO 3 had well worth of use including multiple wins, maybe it's time to retire it, and with all the upgrades it comes with including the Matt Francis Red :-) you can't go wrong specially with Steve's price. Hek I might get another one from him.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Rod I look at it this way if you buy all the updates you are at 50-60% cost of a new chassis with 1/4 of the car replaced.

Might as well go for the all new chassis and fresh parts if nothing else just to put inventory in your box besides it gives you all the shocks etc. for trying different spring oil combo's etc.

D
Old 06-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Rod I look at it this way if you buy all the updates you are at 50-60% cost of a new chassis with 1/4 of the car replaced.

Might as well go for the all new chassis and fresh parts if nothing else just to put inventory in your box besides it gives you all the shocks etc. for trying different spring oil combo's etc.

D
Hehe you haven't seen my spares box have you I must have atleast 10 sets of yellow springs if that gives you an idea lol. Thanks guys for the moral support on picking up a new car, kinda needed that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.