Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eight 2 vs 808 09

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im the proud owner of a losi 1.0 and i love it so far...now my buddy runs the 808 and i do have to say, im very impressed by it..great car...plastic seems to be top notch...it all comes down to driving styles and the price you want to pay...yeah the xray parts are hard to find unless you buy online but your not gonna break much if any on the car...either way they are both great cars
Old 05-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by damo666
Quite the opposite, I couldn't find a setup that gave me good lap times. As for the supperior parts thats a whole load of crap as I spent more time replacing drive shaft pins and diff out drive than with any other car I've owned. The "hudy spring steel" is the biggest con about the xray . Also if they were that good don't you think they would be winning more pro and amatuer races. If it was my money and it wasn't the losi I'd go for the mbx6.
As far as winning more top level and amatuer races....there are more losi cars out there racing than xray cars....that alone will yeild more top finishes for the losi car than the xray(thats an easy concept to grasp). I'm not taking sides, both cars are nice.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I'm not a search nazi. But Damn I am sick of these threads. It's the same responses over and over and over.

If you want parts support at you LHS then buy a Losi. Then you will be able to fix your car right up while I'm out finishing my main!

That said the 2.0 is one sick looking ride on the track. But not any better than the Xray. It is the only car I wouldn't hesitiate to race with no spare parts.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

going to monroe this saturday Slaytanic?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I used to have the original 8ight. Now I have an 808. The 8ight is amazing how you can tell it what to do and it just does it. The 808 does the exact same thing, except it feels way easier to do it, I feel way more in control. It lands on all 4 wheels so often. The only time it ends up on its lid is if I lawn dart or screw up my throttle/break while in the air. It's so stable.

I had a lot of issues with the Losi durability. The plastics and whatnot. The 808 is unbelievably strong.

They've extremely similar cars. The 808 is basically the luxury edition. I've never had to order parts. I bought a used roller off of someone for spares. I've never used the parts from it. It just accompanies me to the track and sits there.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

any doubters can come watch me race my XRAY..watch me nosedive jumps, land on my wing, hit posts, smash into water tanks. hit the wall in pit lane, and do cartwheels all over the place....Not one DNF in any race due to a broken part!..That's all the proof I need
Old 05-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Just getting into 1/8th scale but i race electric well and the last thing on my list to race is a exotic car. So much easier to run and get up to speed with the well supported car. I'd say Asoociated, Losi, or Kyosho 2 cents
Old 05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by what_stanger?
As far as winning more top level and amatuer races....there are more losi cars out there racing than xray cars....that alone will yeild more top finishes for the losi car than the xray(thats an easy concept to grasp). I'm not taking sides, both cars are nice.
Sorry but in the Uk where i race the amount of 808 and 8ight 2.0 is 50/50 and the xray is going out of favour over here. I'm not saying it's a bad car far from it but the losi is quicker and all the crap about the 808 being better build quality is wrong as I and all the other ex 808 owners found out.
Make sure you order the xray drive shaft pin tool as you WILL need it
soon. Also wait until the rear diff goes on you a few times because the
centre rear drive shaft is too long.
Lastly when not racing make sure you store it with the wheel off the ground otherwise the arms warp as there too soft.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

After having both car the 8ight and the 808, the 808 fits me just right plus i stand out when im at the track, everyone and there mother has an 8ight in my opionion...Go with would works for you there are both great RC cars...My 8ight was Ebay'ed.....
Old 05-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i beat up my xray cars like nothing else and they almost never break. i bought a bunch of spare parts for the car and it was a waste of money cause i never use them. i respect losi for coming up with the 8ight but it is the sport version compared to the 808. why buy a lower quality verson of the same thing. and by the way, who cares what your local hobby shop carries. drive the car you want to, and get parts for cheap off ebay.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dandrat
i beat up my xray cars like nothing else and they almost never break. i bought a bunch of spare parts for the car and it was a waste of money cause i never use them. i respect losi for coming up with the 8ight but it is the sport version compared to the 808. why buy a lower quality verson of the same thing. and by the way, who cares what your local hobby shop carries. drive the car you want to, and get parts for cheap off ebay.
One correction. Losi is the innovator, Xray is the copy! Nothing "sport" about the 2.0 buggy.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by what_stanger?
going to monroe this saturday Slaytanic?
Can't make it. Got a big honey do list.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thats why i said i respected losi for coming up with it. the xray is the copy. however, the sport verson part i was refuring to was the quality.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the xray may look similar to the losi but isnt a direct copy,the car handles differently the rear is way more planted then the losi, as far as parts availibility i wouldnt worry about it, you should keep a certain amount of parts in your pit box with either car incase you break something, i just found the losi to be looser and i can drive the xray harder with out it stepping out and having to correct it all the time
Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

THIS JUST IN!!! In 2005 while XRAY was doing research and development on their new XB808 buggy, the design and idea was leaked to a Losi employee. Losi hurried up and released there car so fast that they didn't even bother to work out all the bugs and cheep materials..then XRAY released the car the way it was meant to be, and it was nothing but a copy that never breaks..parts can be 100 times more expensive....who cares.....I never have to buy them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.