Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eight 2 vs 808 09

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default eight 2 vs 808 09

i want to buy a buggy and im between those 2..want to hear your opinions?
Old 05-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Losi 2.0 all the way. Just ask Jaz he will tell you Losi rules!!!!!!!!!

Seriously I dont know a ton but what I have learned on here is this.

They are close to the same platform. Its rumored that the 808 is a copy of the 8. The parts are more expensive and less avaliable on the 808 as many local hobby shops do not stock the parts.

808 your going to have to build from the ground up as its a kit. The 2.0 is a roller and comes 90% pre built. Its up to you on what you perfer.

I have never heard anyone say they hated ther 808 and it is has always had great reviews.

What are your friends running or what is more popular at your local track. That would be a good indication on what you should get.

Keep in mind that you will still have to spend upwards to $400 after the purchase of the buggy for engine and electronics unless you already have all of those.

You cant wrong with either however I have never driven and 808. This is based on what I have heard here on the forums.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the 808 and it is bullet proof compare to the 8ight 2.0. Yes the parts you would need to order them online but if it never breaks you need no parts. Just in case I get ppl out here saying thing about the parts of Xray breaking I have crash many times and still going . I have driven the 8ight 2.0 at the track as well and it is very sweet to drive the way it jump it is nice but I will stay with 808. THe Xb808 got car of the year this year.. But if you want something that you can just walk in to your local hobby shop and get parts go for the 8ight 2.0...

It is better to build your car than have it pre-build because like that you know how to work on the car if you need to..
Old 05-14-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

having both, i prefer the losi. the 808 has superior plastics,,,well over all it has alot going for it over the losi. that being said, i'm faster with the losi and thats what it comes down to.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i have owned both, i prefer the 808 better, the car is more stable the rear end stays under it, the xray's quality is better also, the losi isnt a bad car by any means, but out of the 2 you have listed i would say get the xray
Old 05-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

I like how people say "this car is better, not that the other one is bad"
Can't step on anyones toes now can we.

If we all ran what was most popular we'd all be running losi.

Get the 808 it's a better car. I'll be making the switch to it once I get the money. The 808 is: more durable, has more grip, and has WAY superior parts quality.
Plus you don't break front shock towers.

Last edited by Alan D.; 05-14-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Get the 808. I did and love it! I ran the original losi 8 since it came out and thought that it was as good as it got for 1/8 buggys. Until i order a 808 09spec WOW this thing just drives, i picked up at least a lap at every track ( it could of been the os speed) the only real diference i really notice is how the rear of the 808 is just planted compared to the old losi and i still run the box stock set up. sounds like my LHS is the only one that accually stocks every 808 parts including the 09 spec parts, thats kind of why i switched in the first place. however i did break a rear hub ( big jump gone bad) thats it, but i never broke a thing on the losi except for maybe a servo until i figured out why.

Its your money. The 808 is better in every way imo. just find out whats hot at the LHS or track and run that. either is a great decision.

DL
Old 05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

I have the Losi 8 - and have just ran against a 808 at the end of the main - hte guy who owns the 808 - just literally dopped it into the trash and is now running a Losi - parts avaliblity is KEY.

If you get the 808 make sure you buy two cars one just for extra parts - it sucks when you have to order EVERYTHING from screws to arms. Plus the IMO is not as stable as the 2.0 period
Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I have the Losi 8 - and have just ran against a 808 at the end of the main - hte guy who owns the 808 - just literally dopped it into the trash and is now running a Losi - parts avaliblity is KEY.

If you get the 808 make sure you buy two cars one just for extra parts - it sucks when you have to order EVERYTHING from screws to arms. Plus the IMO is not as stable as the 2.0 period
Dude do you know the guy and can u remember which trash can it was thrown in?
I could always use another set of diffs and shocks to test out different oils.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would just keep comming back to the parts support thing. Xray makes very nice cars, but they have almost no support in the USA. Losi is king when it comes to parts support. I am lovin my losi 2.0 so far.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

I have the losi 2.0 after owning the 808.
The xray is a good car but the driveshaft pins need changing regularly as they and the out drives are very soft. Parts are also VERY expensive compared to the losi.
The losi is a faster car period but its all down to personal preference and spares availability. If your a regular A finalist then the best car is the losi.If your normally lower B final or lower then the xray is more suited to you as its a more numb car to drive.Most people at my track bought an 808 when they came out but only one still has one, that must say something.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

All the people who sold their xray's must not have taken the time to put a good set-up on it. The xray is so much more adjustable over the losi. Plus the parts quality is top notch. Losi make a good (fast) car, but if you really want a car you can change to your driving style buy a xray.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN
All the people who sold their xray's must not have taken the time to put a good set-up on it. The xray is so much more adjustable over the losi. Plus the parts quality is top notch. Losi make a good (fast) car, but if you really want a car you can change to your driving style buy a xray.
Xray is no more adjustable than the losi.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

The whole B main drivers run xray and A main losi blahblah is just a joke If you look at the results from the big race's recent all the major brands are in the A main losi hasnt been winning much of anything and the fastest guys could win with any new design. the field is more even than ever.

Sounds like the losi guys are beeing offended. Look at it this way, if you could get xray everywhere what do you think everyone would run?? easy answer.

I went from B mains to A mains with the xray.

Not to mention that there is a whole lot more plastic in a losi than a xray, thats a fact coming from a machinist.

I still love losi products, but if im going to shell out tons of green id rather get better material.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DANE_TRAIN
Quite the opposite, I couldn't find a setup that gave me good lap times. As for the supperior parts thats a whole load of crap as I spent more time replacing drive shaft pins and diff out drive than with any other car I've owned. The "hudy spring steel" is the biggest con about the xray . Also if they were that good don't you think they would be winning more pro and amatuer races. If it was my money and it wasn't the losi I'd go for the mbx6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.