Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
for the last two days I have been at Brooklands Track testing and shall be spending most of the next week down there (Uni easter break) so far have been playing with some weird settings.

Kind of fell upon a quite good one for the huge track that is Brooklands....

Start RPM 6000
Boost 64
Turbo 18
Slope 18
Delay 0.8s
Acc 350

Is really quick! Can actually feel the Turbo coming on after the delay, but the huge delay gives you time to ramp up some of the boost if you are a little heavy fingered like me. Will post up all the settings I have run so far am going to fiddle with the gearing tomorrow afternoon as am running 6.09:1 FDR at the moment, but motor not overly hot. But the batteries are taking a beating over 3000Mah in 5min plus 1. But buggering quick
Originally Posted by zamrioo2
cherry... it's capable to run more than 64?
how come turbo will activate .. u already have using full total timing .. so no more timing added included turbo timing ..

or the turbo timing added as stand alone not mix with boost timing .. still confuse ..
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Anybody got any advice?
You need to post more info for your setup request, you never mentioned motor type, and chasis type.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Any suggestions for 1s 13.5. Track is about 70ft X 40ft technical. I have the 211 software and this will be my first race with it. Looking for good infield punch. This is in a 12th scale. Thanks for any help provided.
Look for M7H's setup. and download the 1224 software.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
how come turbo will activate .. u already have using full total timing .. so no more timing added included turbo timing ..

or the turbo timing added as stand alone not mix with boost timing .. still confuse ..
As I have kept saying on here the hobbywing adds TURBO once the criteria are met regards FULL THROTTLE and DELAY.

If you mash the throttle to Full for the set amount of time, it will add in your TURBO regardless of how much timing has already been added. This is why so much heat is generated if you are heavy fingered.

I have explained this so many times here in the past.

EXAMPLE:

if your ESC is set at:-

46 BOOST
18 TURBO
18 SLOPE
0.2s DELAY

You power from standstill and hit full throttle, lets say that so far you have used 20 points of the available BOOST (By the time your delay has been met) The ESC will dump 18 units of TURBO in 0.1s adding up to 38 Units. Once this has been added it will then continue to Add BOOST (as before) until the 64 UNIT limit is reached.

THIS is why many people feel that they don't FEEL a Turbo action coming in like a TEKIN et al, the ESC will dump on the programmed amount of TURBO at any point in the rev range that you HIT FULL THROTTLE and meet the programmed DELAY.

This is why if you are heavy on the throttle, you build up masses of heat in the motor as quite often you are trying to dump a lump of Turbo timing right at the bottom of the REV Range.

People say there is a bug here or a bug there, there isn't. It is the way you drive, this is why it is best to get on the track and start making adjustments to settings as each person drives in a different way.

THATS why I say be careful copying my settings, as what works for me may not work for you.

Does it make sense now ???

Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

ok... so i can't drive a 4.0T motor on a 1/12 running a 1S HW 120A... the car just spins with the slightest jerk of the throttle (throttle curve already turned down to -70%). so i switched to 7.5T motor...

any suggestions on roll-out and settings running the 119_MOD software?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Champion

As I have kept saying on here the hobbywing adds TURBO once the criteria are met regards FULL THROTTLE and DELAY.

If you mash the throttle to Full for the set amount of time, it will add in your TURBO regardless of how much timing has already been added. This is why so much heat is generated if you are heavy fingered.

I have explained this so many times here in the past.

EXAMPLE:

if your ESC is set at:-

46 BOOST
18 TURBO
18 SLOPE
0.2s DELAY

You power from standstill and hit full throttle, lets say that so far you have used 20 points of the available BOOST (By the time your delay has been met) The ESC will dump 18 units of TURBO in 0.1s adding up to 38 Units. Once this has been added it will then continue to Add BOOST (as before) until the 64 UNIT limit is reached.

THIS is why many people feel that they don't FEEL a Turbo action coming in like a TEKIN et al, the ESC will dump on the programmed amount of TURBO at any point in the rev range that you HIT FULL THROTTLE and meet the programmed DELAY.

This is why if you are heavy on the throttle, you build up masses of heat in the motor as quite often you are trying to dump a lump of Turbo timing right at the bottom of the REV Range.

People say there is a bug here or a bug there, there isn't. It is the way you drive, this is why it is best to get on the track and start making adjustments to settings as each person drives in a different way.

THATS why I say be careful copying my settings, as what works for me may not work for you.

Does it make sense now ???

thank cherry .. but one more question .. boost timing can mix with turbo timing ? i sure if this happen will generate more heat .. correct me if im wrong ..

my suggestion is .. good if we can use higher boost timing for make motor more strong... & after have full throttle the boost timing will disable all balance boost timing & only use turbo timing for acceleration .. so turbo timing will run it self for top speed so hope can reduce motor temp .
correct me again if im wrong ..
Old 04-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smilekt
thank cherry .. but one more question .. boost timing can mix with turbo timing ? i sure if this happen will generate more heat .. correct me if im wrong ..

my suggestion is .. good if we can use higher boost timing for make motor more strong... & after have full throttle the boost timing will disable all balance boost timing & only use turbo timing for acceleration .. so turbo timing will run it self for top speed so hope can reduce motor temp .
correct me again if im wrong ..
No!

Please re read it.

Boost---->Full Throttle/Turbo---->Boost THAT's IT.

Anyway this question should be in the other thread not here.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

No!

Please re read it.

Boost---->Full Throttle/Turbo---->Boost THAT's IT.

Anyway this question should be in the other thread not here.
thanks cherry ...
Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
You need to post more info for your setup request, you never mentioned motor type, and chasis type.
Yes I did, it's in the post that you quoted. I'm not looking for the ultimate setup, I just asked for a base.

So here goes again. Small track, 70ft X 40Ft, Ballistic 13.5 in a 1s 12th scale. I just installed the 211 software and looking for a setting to start with go infield acceleration. Just need a setup that has rip and I'll figure out the gearing in practice.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

This is an attempt in explaining how boost and turbo timings interact at various stages in acceleration.
I will give various examples to show how the settings affect how boost and turbo timings are added.
These are just meant for illustrative purposes, they do not reflect how timing is actually added.

[<-------------------------Total 64 steps of timing--------------------->]

1) Boost: 44
Turbo: 20
Turbo delay: 0.3s
Car on start of straight, full throttle applied.

At 0.2s:
[####### 30 boost #######-----------------------------------------]
At 0.3s: turbo kicks in, max turbo slope
[####### 30 boost ####### ******20 turbo******-----------------]
At 0.5s: All timing added
[####### 30 boost ####### ******20 turbo******###14 boost###]

2) Boost: 44
Turbo: 30
Turbo delay: 0.3s

At 0.2s:
At 0.3s: turbo kicks in, max turbo slope
[####### 30 boost ####### **********30 turbo********---------]
At 0.5s: All timing added.
[####### 30 boost ####### **********30 turbo********#4boost#]
Note: only 34 steps of boost used. total steps= 64

3) Boost: 50
Turbo: 20
Turbo delay: 0.6s

At 0.2s:
At 0.5s:
[############### 50 boost ###############------------------]
At 0.6s: turbo added
[############### 50 boost ###############***14 turbo*****]
Note: only 14 steps of turbo added. total steps=64

This is how I think the timing is added. I could be way wrong, if so, please correct me! If i'm right, i hope it helps you visualise better

hth
zipp

Last edited by zipp; 04-04-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: corrected error
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Yes I did, it's in the post that you quoted. I'm not looking for the ultimate setup, I just asked for a base.

So here goes again. Small track, 70ft X 40Ft, Ballistic 13.5 in a 1s 12th scale. I just installed the 211 software and looking for a setting to start with go infield acceleration. Just need a setup that has rip and I'll figure out the gearing in practice.
Somehow I missed the pancar and the 13.5T part.

Anyways,

Boost 40,
Turbo 24,
Turbo Delay .4
Turno Ramp FULL,
Boost 150pm/unit,
Start RPM 3000

RO 65mm.

Put the novak to the 3rd notch on the negative side (15deg timing, the N=30 on novak motors.)

That should get you going, once you temp your motor, you can either add motor RO, or bring your turbo in alittle quicker. I have been experimenting with the start RPM lately, and I have been finding a higher start RPM, with a higher RO gives me better infield rip, and you can still maintain the high speed for the straight.

Shawn.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Somehow I missed the pancar and the 13.5T part.

Anyways,

Boost 40,
Turbo 24,
Turbo Delay .4
Turno Ramp FULL,
Boost 150pm/unit,
Start RPM 3000

RO 65mm.

Put the novak to the 3rd notch on the negative side (15deg timing, the N=30 on novak motors.)

That should get you going, once you temp your motor, you can either add motor RO, or bring your turbo in alittle quicker. I have been experimenting with the start RPM lately, and I have been finding a higher start RPM, with a higher RO gives me better infield rip, and you can still maintain the high speed for the straight.

Shawn.
Cool thanks I'll be testing this tonight. Last software I had was only 26deg boost and only 8deg for the turbo. This will be very helpful.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

this is a great idea cherry keep up the good work
Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cherry do you have link's for 0401STK_LOG ?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo
Cherry do you have link's for 0401STK_LOG ?
No you muppet check the date !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.