Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, if you hear of a nice roller, shoot me a PM. The one above sold already. Just want to try something new. Will be selling current car soon as I get it cleaned up and transformed into roller config.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockin G
Guys, if you hear of a nice roller, shoot me a PM. The one above sold already. Just want to try something new. Will be selling current car soon as I get it cleaned up and transformed into roller config.
I'll keep an eye out but they don't last but a few hours if they become available, if the price is right anyways... Good time of the year to be watching though, good luck!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes hurry and get one. I love mine!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Did anyone have any issues with build quality?

I've put together and taken apart the diff cases multiple times. Used the shims to make sure the ring gear wasn't binding on the pinion gear. Each time, I get to buttoning the cases together and it binds up the whole diff. This is front AND rear. I know the bearings are sitting properly in the spaces. The two cap head screws at the bottom aren't tight and show a 2-3mm space in the case.

Have any of you used spacers to spread the diff case apart a bit for free rotation? Does it just "break in" after use?
Old 04-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

I ordered 2speed shoes and they are black. Ones in my GT is beige. Which are the updated ones?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
I ordered 2speed shoes and they are black. Ones in my GT is beige. Which are the updated ones?
The black ones should be the updated ones. The beige ones are the originals. I ordered a couple of the black ones but I have not tried them out yet. I heard they work better.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Crawlin

I've put together and taken apart the diff cases multiple times. Used the shims to make sure the ring gear wasn't binding on the pinion gear. Each time, I get to buttoning the cases together and it binds up the whole diff. This is front AND rear. I know the bearings are sitting properly in the spaces. The two cap head screws at the bottom aren't tight and show a 2-3mm space in the case.

Have any of you used spacers to spread the diff case apart a bit for free rotation? Does it just "break in" after use?
I built my diffs with out the shims and they work fine. Its pretty tight w/o the shims.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

Removed one shim in shaft gear
backed up 1/16 or 1/8 of a turn when tightened
and yes it does need to be run in for the parts to be seated well
after running in you can tighten them again and see if it is better
happened to mine and had to open up the front diff 3 times
was not happy then

I think the reason was the plastics were getting worn out or the palstic spacer in the front was not thick enough
either way backing up 1/18 of a turn out should help

Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

One thing tha sometimes happens, is that the ring gear rubs against the screws holding the pinion bearing in the case. You have to look whinch of the three rubs an grind the head a bit.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

I have seen this with new kits a few times. What you need to do is loosen the screws that holds the diff case together about a full turn or until you have free travel. I do this on all my kits On and Off Road. Give it a try and let me know what your results are please.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Servo horn

Hello All,

Anybody using aftermarket/ upgrade steering servo? Brand?

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
Hello All,

Anybody using aftermarket/ upgrade steering servo? Brand?

Thanks
Mike
Alot of the Team guys running the KO Propo 30103 Power servo.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...o-High-Voltage Extremely smooth and powerful servo, I like it alot in the GT.

Other options for 6v application would be Savox 1283
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...eel-Gear-Servo

A little more info on your electronics would help but either of these will work. I've gotten about a season worth of hard driving out of the 1283 which aligns with what others have seen. The KO runs and lasts way longer.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

It all comes down to what you want to pay for a servo.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
It all comes down to what you want to pay for a servo.
+1
Old 04-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
I have seen this with new kits a few times. What you need to do is loosen the screws that holds the diff case together about a full turn or until you have free travel. I do this on all my kits On and Off Road. Give it a try and let me know what your results are please.
I removed the one screw that was on the side of the ring gear and now she spins freely even with all the screws fully tightened. I'd have to say that was my issue, that the button head of the screw(silver/chrome screw) was hitting the ring gear.

Would have never though that could be the issue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.