Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

no I ment it works just as good as any filter out there. no need to get something else. :-)
Thanks auto2. There is a lot of great information of this forum and I appreciate everyone's help.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

The CEN filter fits the nest on the TR Arena imo because it has a tall elbow allowing it to sit on top of the center chassis braces.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just out of curiosity what tools come CEN Matrix TR Arena FRE Truggy?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

just a little 4-way wrench and i think 2 or 3 allen wrenches
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
just a little 4-way wrench and i think 2 or 3 allen wrenches
[B]Thanks Robert...and from what i have read the kit also comes with shockie & diff fluid? [/B]
Old 06-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

My kit did not come with any tools. But it did have the grease and shock oil. Of course many of us use different grease/oil for our set-ups
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

yea it comes with a base set up fluids

like i said i might have gotten tools i dont pay attention to what tools it came with cause its not like i really use those little allen wrenches
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sweet I get my CEN Matrix TR Arena FRE Truggy on Monday, so i look forward in being apart of CEN crowd...
Old 06-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i currently have a cen matrix but im having some trouble finding a replacment pullstart can any1 help oh and im living in ireland hence the problem lol
Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

call up headrus hobbies at 626-798-7874 and tell them what you need and they will be able to get it for you
Old 06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, I had a rough day at the track again with my CEN. today my troubles began with both of my front dog bones they kept popping out of my out drives. I have the shoks mounted at the highest hole on the tower, And i have the botom mounted in the inside hole. Does anybody have any help for me? I will appreciate anything. it doing it both of my CEn truggy and buggy. I shelf them after the 2 nd heats tired of dealing with them.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FT_Wacked
Hey guys, I had a rough day at the track again with my CEN. today my troubles began with both of my front dog bones they kept popping out of my out drives. I have the shoks mounted at the highest hole on the tower, And i have the botom mounted in the inside hole. Does anybody have any help for me? I will appreciate anything. it doing it both of my CEn truggy and buggy. I shelf them after the 2 nd heats tired of dealing with them.
You can try putting the long shock end on the front, this should fix it. I cut a piece of fuel tubing and put it on the shock shaft to keep it from bottoming out. This seem to fix it for me.

Some long outdrive like the Xray's would be the ticket, or maybe Cen could do a running fix an make the shaft longer???

I haven't had that much of a problem, but they pop out every now and then.

I just got a idea I'll let ya know if i get it to work
Old 06-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have three options, first is the long shock end, it limits up travel, you can also drop the upper mount to the lower set of holes on the tower to limit uptravel as well, both make the shock bottom out sooner which means the dogbone doens't travel as far in the outdrive, I did find with the long shock ends on the front my truck jumped weird thgouh, because it gives you alot more downtravel,

2nd is convert to the CEN 17mm hexes, you then have to shim the axle, and this moves the dogbone approx 3/16" further into the outdrive, and it wont pop out again, it also means you can use set up jigs for both buggy and truggy, this is the method I went with just for the common set up jig,

3rd, the most difficult because you need a lathe or mill, but you can machine down the 23mm hexes, so the offset between the back face of the hex, and the pin is the same as the 17mm hexes, this means you need to shim them the same as the 17mm hexes, which does the same as above, but you can keep using the 23mm wheels if youve got any,

for the buggy you can use the center diff outdrives, with the hex shape, use them for the front diff as well, the "bowl" in them isn't as deep, so the bones dont pop out as easy, I also have a small pice of fuel tube on the shock shafts to limit up travel like lockmouth mentioned, and I'm in the lower set of holes on the tower,
Old 06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You mean the dogbone pops out from the shock compressing too much? How long of fuel tubing do you use? Thanks Pooldoc
Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

you guys have your front end set up wrong cause i use no tubing and my bones never pop out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.