Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I may have read those rates from my list of measured springs. We got hold of a spring rate tester and measured a bunch of springs. Rates will vary slightly batch to batch.

TEN Rear Spring Rates
2.7 Red
3.0 Orange
3.3 Silver
3.6 Green

TEN Front Spring Rates
3.6 Green
3.9 Blue
4.2 Black
4.5 Purple

Not too far off advertised rates.
So with this new setup I am supposed to run 22 springs?...
In the post you listed before, posted above (Ten Springs).
So I assumed I still needed to purchase those and bought both sets.
Are these not the right ones now? I really don't get this spring deal. What fits what exactly. The setup sheets shows a 22 t front and a 22 (buggy I assume) rear? How many spring sets do I need exactly to use the new shocks as they are intended?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
So with this new setup I am supposed to run 22 springs?...
In the post you listed before, posted above (Ten Springs).
So I assumed I still needed to purchase those and bought both sets.
Are these not the right ones now? I really don't get this spring deal. What fits what exactly. The setup sheets shows a 22 t front and a 22 (buggy I assume) rear? How many spring sets do I need exactly to use the new shocks as they are intended?
SCTE stock shocks are larger OD so you need special springs for those shocks. You can either run the original stock SCTE springs or run the racing spring set as I posed above.

If upgrade to the 22 shocks for the SCTE you open the door to a whole library of springs as the shock body OD is not a more standard size. You can use any of the 22 series springs as well springs from Avid, Durango, AE, Kyosho and many others who have "big bore" 12mm shock springs. However your SCTE specific springs will not longer work as they the diameter is too large to fit on the spring purches.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Pertaining to the SCTE, could someone give me an opinion on JC Barcode Gold vs PL Suburb MC?

MC is described as 'firm'. I really don't want to go much firmer than Gold.

I like my Gold Barcodes. Want to try the Suburbs, but never had any tires in the MC compound; don't know what they feel like. I have run Suburbs in other compounds, and like them.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gagagugu
Pertaining to the SCTE, could someone give me an opinion on JC Barcode Gold vs PL Suburb MC?

MC is described as 'firm'. I really don't want to go much firmer than Gold.

I like my Gold Barcodes. Want to try the Suburbs, but never had any tires in the MC compound; don't know what they feel like. I have run Suburbs in other compounds, and like them.
Every clay track around here gold barcodes or dirt webs worked better for me than MC suburbs. But tires are very track dependent so I would ask some local racers or bite the bullet and buy some. Just remember clay tires usually need to be broken in before they work their best.

I also tried silver dirt webs which are super soft clay but they were slower than gold so sometimes softer isn't better.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ride hieght, 22 shocks.

I'm having trouble getting a ride height of 25mm with the new 22 shocks.

running the stock setup for them, hole positions 2-outside for front and 2, middle for rear(gonna try 2-inside for rear).

the shock collars are all the way down on the rear and I'm getting a ride height of 21mm. anyone else have this problem.

Jason Chafe
Skycraft Hobbies
Old 11-09-2015, 11:53 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jay_959
I'm having trouble getting a ride height of 25mm with the new 22 shocks.

running the stock setup for them, hole positions 2-outside for front and 2, middle for rear(gonna try 2-inside for rear).

the shock collars are all the way down on the rear and I'm getting a ride height of 21mm. anyone else have this problem.

Jason Chafe
Skycraft Hobbies
Are you not able to get the correct ride height front or rear?
Old 11-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Are you not able to get the correct ride height front or rear?
Nope, I could probably get the front close to 25mm but not really a point when my rear wont go any higher then 21mm. putting my rear shock tower to 2-inside instead of 2-middle might help a little but don't think t will give me the 4mm I need. running stock spring sent in 22 shock package.

-3 chassis, 5.11lbs, body off.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:35 PM
TLRacing

Nope, I could probably get the front close to 25mm but not really a point when my rear wont go any higher then 21mm. putting my rear shock tower to 2-inside instead of 2-middle might help a little but don't think t will give me the 4mm I need. running stock spring sent in 22 shock package.

-3 chassis, 5.11lbs, body off.
Did you put the rear tower on that came in the kit? My car gets to 25mm ride height easily, they is something assembled improperly here.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Did you put the rear tower on that came in the kit? My car gets to 25mm ride height easily, they is something assembled improperly here.
yes I did install it. and its shorter then the original by quit a bit.

I will go over anything again tonight just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. you run the rear at shocks at 2-inside?
Old 11-09-2015, 01:27 PM
TLRacing

I will go over anything again tonight just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. you run the rear at shocks at 2-inside?
Yes sir, I do
Old 11-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was going to ask the question and this could be your ride height problem. The kit comes with two different spring cups. One is taller so does that go on the front? Frank, Casper ????
Old 11-10-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fader12
I was going to ask the question and this could be your ride height problem. The kit comes with two different spring cups. One is taller so does that go on the front? Frank, Casper ????
well that's one thing I did overlook ... dammit lol. at work now, I will take a look at lunch.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Yes the tall spring cups would go on the front springs as shown in the photo for the kit on the TLR site.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334029
Old 11-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

I've been running the stock long Ackermann steering rack bar on my SCTE since day 1. I'm about to switch to the short bar. What changes in steering performance /turn radius can I expect to gain or lose?
Old 11-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
I've been running the stock long Ackermann steering rack bar on my SCTE since day 1. I'm about to switch to the short bar. What changes in steering performance /turn radius can I expect to gain or lose?
The steering will be more agressive especially off center. It may be too much but you can add some expo on the radio to calm it down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.