Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keven H
In most of my recent setup I have been running anti diver, opposite of kickup in the front ! 0B on the rear mount of the front arm and 3A on the front mount of the front arm ! It gives you about 1 degree of anti dive and then I run 6 degree of caster. I like this combination the best in most case. It gives me more steering than 4 degree and also makes my car more stable under braking.
Man, aw man, aw man, Kevin I am so glad you answered this post so quick. All this time I had been using the most A$$ backwards set up I have ever ran. I some how ave gotten mixed up with thinking 3A was higher than 0B.

I was running 3A os in the front and 0B - 0B os in the rear I was wondering why my car had such a weired hook in most turns on the track well I guess if I was able to get that around the track then wait till I give it a propper set up.....
Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 20967
Sorry Keven, but I was referring to this. I have a gap in this point
Any tip ?

Enrico
Hi Enrico,

I too have seen some block have a little slop for some reason mainly 0s. I had to go through some of them to find good ones The other thing to look for is once they had a big hid they tend to shift a little and then need to be replaced. Unfortunately I dont think there is many ways around it but just a little slop is not a terrible thing, I have built cars that were tight everywhere and seemed to drive worst than cars I had been running for a long time with slops. the car feels more forgiving with some slop to a certain extend !

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Man, aw man, aw man, Kevin I am so glad you answered this post so quick. All this time I had been using the most A$$ backwards set up I have ever ran. I some how ave gotten mixed up with thinking 3A was higher than 0B.

I was running 3A os in the front and 0B - 0B os in the rear I was wondering why my car had such a weired hook in most turns on the track well I guess if I was able to get that around the track then wait till I give it a propper set up.....
Glad I could help. hope you like the anti-dive better.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am having a problem with my TC6.1, traction rolling. It only does it once or twice a race when I am off power. Would increasing the front weight shock oil help with this.

Thanks

Joe DiGirolamo

Last edited by losi888; 03-05-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When determining the final rollout for 1/12 scale, what factors should I take in consideration? Should rollout be determined solely by the length of the straightaway? Or how tight the infield is? I'm looking for both 4.5 turn and 21.5 racing.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hi Enrico,

I too have seen some block have a little slop for some reason mainly 0s. I had to go through some of them to find good ones The other thing to look for is once they had a big hid they tend to shift a little and then need to be replaced. Unfortunately I dont think there is many ways around it but just a little slop is not a terrible thing, I have built cars that were tight everywhere and seemed to drive worst than cars I had been running for a long time with slops. the car feels more forgiving with some slop to a certain extend !

Glad I could help. hope you like the anti-dive better.
Thks Keven for replay and tips.
Enrico
Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Flow Works blinky

Hi Keven, I just picked up a LRP Flow Works For my Stock Sedan. Would you know a good starting point for the 7 modes in Blinky 17.5 and 13.5? Also a ballpark FDR for both classes. I run the Reedy Sonic and the Hacker Skalar motors. Thanks and can you tell the Associated guys to come out to WCRC again. I think you'll like the newly revised track. Hope to see you soon.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Is running your anti dive setup with 3A mounts in the back beneficial in anyway way?
Old 03-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Default The droop, the whole droop and nothing but the droop

Hey Kev do you still use blocks or do you use droop over ride hight? Can you tell me what you and the team feel works best and why?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Congratulations Keven for TQ in TC Super Stock and MOD TC as well as both A Main wins at the 2013 CANADIAN On Road Carpet Nationals at the Seaway Mall in Welland Ontario Canada.

It was great to have you race with us.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here are some Videos for everyone to enjoy.

2013 OnRoad Canadian Nationals TC Boosted 17.5 A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIi_W2B57wc

2013 OnRoad Canadian Nationals TC Mod A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fMfOsKMUxA

Thank you Keven for racing with us

Cheers,
Ryan

Last edited by kp-61; 03-12-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, it was really nice meeting you Keven and a lot of fun just watching you and Andrew drive. Hopefully you can fit the 2014 Canadian Nats into your busy schedule. It will be around this time next year.

Salut
Old 03-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TC6.1 Camber issue

I've been trying to set my negative camber but the cva blade hits the spool and goes no further as if the axles are too long. Please help.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fiber
I've been trying to set my negative camber but the cva blade hits the spool and goes no further as if the axles are too long. Please help.
Check that you have enough arm mount spacing, fronts should use the offset mounts and have 0.5 to 2mm spacers depending on the setup. Also check that you don't have an old broken blade stuck in your spool.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry for taking so long to get back on here, it has been a busy few weeks out of town.

Originally Posted by losi888
I am having a problem with my TC6.1, traction rolling. It only does it once or twice a race when I am off power. Would increasing the front weight shock oil help with this.

Thanks

Joe DiGirolamo

Hi, with the information provided it is hard to nail the problem on first try but here are a few thing you could try that should help. The first thing I would do is lean my front shock in 1 hole down on the tower and that should help. I would not go straight to shock oil to start with. The second thing you could try is take some droop out of the rear to prevent it from moving more weight to the front under decceleration. The other thing you can concider is moving the battery forward on the car.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
When determining the final rollout for 1/12 scale, what factors should I take in consideration? Should rollout be determined solely by the length of the straightaway? Or how tight the infield is? I'm looking for both 4.5 turn and 21.5 racing.
I would usualy go with the straightaway. It also depends on if you are using boost because there are a lot of factor that could influance the gearing. But usualy I will go for straight away speed and work from there because in modified, you are rarely looking for anymore torq.

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Hi Keven, I just picked up a LRP Flow Works For my Stock Sedan. Would you know a good starting point for the 7 modes in Blinky 17.5 and 13.5? Also a ballpark FDR for both classes. I run the Reedy Sonic and the Hacker Skalar motors. Thanks and can you tell the Associated guys to come out to WCRC again. I think you'll like the newly revised track. Hope to see you soon.
Hi Walter,

Hope you are doing well. I assume the fds are to run at westcoast or is it for a smaller track like TQ ? If I was to run at Westcoast, I think I would start around a 3.8-3.9 for 17.5 and around 4.2-3 for 13.5. As for the ESC, In order for it to blink, you have to set the 3rd and 4th mode to 0 and then when doing so, it cancels the 5 and 6th mode so you then only have 3 mode to adjust, the first one is drag brake, second one is initial feel so usualy you will want that at 5 or highest value, it will feel like you have more torq because when you first hit the trigger its like you already at 15% throttle or something like that. and then the last mode (7th mode but becomes the 5th mode when 3 and 4 are at 0) is the voltage cut off and I always run mine at 0.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Originally Posted by Night
Is running your anti dive setup with 3A mounts in the back beneficial in anyway way?
Hi,

I like to run it at a lot of track. It seems to get my car into the corner better and reacts quicker. It is more of a drivers preferance than anything.

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Hey Kev do you still use blocks or do you use droop over ride hight? Can you tell me what you and the team feel works best and why?
Most of the time I set my car on block and measure the axle height from the top of the axle to make sure it is the same left and right ! there are many ways to do it and I would not say one is better than the other, I used the ae droop gauge for the longest time and that seemed to work fine as well. I dont think that there is one method being more popular in the team, we pretty much all go with what we feel most comfortable with.

Originally Posted by ElliotCanada
Congratulations Keven for TQ in TC Super Stock and MOD TC as well as both A Main wins at the 2013 CANADIAN On Road Carpet Nationals at the Seaway Mall in Welland Ontario Canada.

It was great to have you race with us.
Thank you, it was a great event, I had a good time and met a lot of new people, definitely nice to see such a great event in Canada, and I am for sure planning to attend again next year !

Originally Posted by kp-61
Here are some Videos for everyone to enjoy.

2013 OnRoad Canadian Nationals TC Boosted 17.5 A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIi_W2B57wc

2013 OnRoad Canadian Nationals TC Mod A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fMfOsKMUxA

Thank you Keven for racing with us

Cheers,
Ryan
Thank you for posting the videos, it was nice to be able to participate after missing the last few years.

Originally Posted by locked
Yeah, it was really nice meeting you Keven and a lot of fun just watching you and Andrew drive. Hopefully you can fit the 2014 Canadian Nats into your busy schedule. It will be around this time next year.

Salut
Thank you, yes the plan is to be back for sure next year. It was a great event and the race was flawless and on time. Very good to see and I had a good time and heard nothing but great comments after the race.

Originally Posted by fiber

Like Peter mentionned, your front end might be too narrow, make sure you are using off set arm mount in the front. I have seen that problem in the past when running very narrow but I dont think you would want the front to be that narrow in any occasion.

let me know if you got it fixed, and if not I will try and see what we can do to make it right !
Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Hey Kevin or anybody that wants to chime in. Do turn the servo speed down on your radio or do you drive maxed out? I just bought a BLS551 for my TC6.1. Is it normal for my end points to be different left to right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.