Search
Like Tree1Likes

Lab C-02

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Big Bore membrane problem + preload

Dear all,

i have a problem with the big bore membrane getting deformed (like reversed bubble) and wont go back to its original state. Any one with the same problem.. I am running 4mm preload with a 1mm hole drilled on the upper cap for a smoother ride in our bumby track.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6
Dear all,

i have a problem with the big bore membrane getting deformed (like reversed bubble) and wont go back to its original state. Any one with the same problem.. I am running 4mm preload with a 1mm hole drilled on the upper cap for a smoother ride in our bumby track.

Thanks
It may be possible that you are hitting the membrane when the shock is fully compressed. It should not really ever, but maybe that is what is going on. Make sure that on the fronts, you have the plastic ball ends tightened completely, so the shaft does not go all the way up and the piston sits more in the middle of the body. Depending on the rear and the way you use it, you may have to monitor this as well.

Also when building the shocks it is important to make sure the membrane is centered very well. I try to make sure when I tighten the cap I spin the plastic part so that the membrane stays centered.

Let me know how things go and good luck. I am not sure but I think there may also be an updated membrane that fits the big bore shock a little better in the center of the body.

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
It may be possible that you are hitting the membrane when the shock is fully compressed. It should not really ever, but maybe that is what is going on. Make sure that on the fronts, you have the plastic ball ends tightened completely, so the shaft does not go all the way up and the piston sits more in the middle of the body. Depending on the rear and the way you use it, you may have to monitor this as well.

Also when building the shocks it is important to make sure the membrane is centered very well. I try to make sure when I tighten the cap I spin the plastic part so that the membrane stays centered.

Let me know how things go and good luck. I am not sure but I think there may also be an updated membrane that fits the big bore shock a little better in the center of the body.

DJ Apolaro
That's what I did I tightened up all the way and now I tried kyosho v1 rrr bladder which I had running around. They sealed very nice and I also check the seating like you said. Car was using all the travel as the body plastic mount on the rear shock tower had tire marks (strange but true) I also went for a heavier spring all round. Will be doing some testing this weekend, car was dialed before the bladder issue. Thanks DJ
Old 01-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Can someone post a setup for fort myers using big bore shocks as a starting point?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by younghovaa
Can someone post a setup for fort myers using big bore shocks as a starting point?
I would run your normal set up and make the shocks with 1 hole front and 2 hole rear. use 50 wt oil in the front and 55 rear. 4.6 front spring and 3.9 or 3.8 rear spring. Start with them laying down. If you run the rear extensions then go 1 up.

I will post what I am going to use for a starting point set up later today.

See ya there in about a month,

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I would run your normal set up and make the shocks with 1 hole front and 2 hole rear. use 50 wt oil in the front and 55 rear. 4.6 front spring and 3.9 or 3.8 rear spring. Start with them laying down. If you run the rear extensions then go 1 up.

I will post what I am going to use for a starting point set up later today.

See ya there in about a month,

DJ Apolaro
ok thanks DJ.. I Have a new kit B.E so never ran before.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by younghovaa
Here is what I am going to start with. I am assuming the traction will be high. If not my settings may change. We will just have to see.

Thanks,

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can someone post the black edition manual?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
If your looking for the big-bore shocks build. Download the electric Lab TE02 manual from the web site.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
There isn't s specific black edition manual.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hi guys,

New to on road nitro. Thinking of picking up the lab c02 black edition. I found a seller on ebay selling it for 669USD shipped. Is that a good deal on the car? Also is there a new one coming out soon? Not familiar with product releases in onroad since mostly an offroad racer. Xray is coming out with the 2014 but I am staying away from xray since parts are too expensive (and I break xrays as well ). Who will be selling parts in the USA? Acorn racing/speedworld (my LHS) won't carry them anymore so I might have to settle on the xray but I do love the LAB cars.

-Alok
Old 01-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

The new importer for the USA is www.capamericarc.com

They have everything you may need and a live website. If there is something you are looking for, you can always email them for help. I am working with them on doing videos and they are very involved in the race community.

you can also check them out on www.facebook.com/capricornamerica

Good luck and I am sure you will love the car. It is second to none!!

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Black Edition linkage plastic parts

Hi there
Is it possible that the white plastic parts for the linkages are missing?
There are just the white parts for the shocks included.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Italboy
Hi there
Is it possible that the white plastic parts for the linkages are missing?
There are just the white parts for the shocks included.
The black edition should have come with the white plastics.
If they aren't in your kit contact your reseller or Capricorn directly.
You should receive the parts with no questions asked.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Chassis weights

Hi can someone tell me if the brass chassis weights effect the handling of the car. or are they just to bring the car up to weight. Some other brands have a sliding weight they claim by moving it back gives more steering. does our weights have the same effect. I never use mine because the car is already over weight Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.