Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Droop screw seat mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Droop screw seat mod

Does anyone have a link that shows the mod to the frame for the droop screws to ride on instead of them digging holes in the frame, I noticed on the rtr chassis I have now the screws are digging into it and I'd liek to mod the new tf chassis were getting so this wont happen. Thanks for any info.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I did a search. It sounds like you either buy a ball-ended droop screw, or you grind it flat w/the chasis, or you use a button head screw.

buy:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...op-screws.html

or
flatten/button-head:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...op-screws.html

McMaster-Carr: (another place to buy, not 100% positive the "round rotating" fits the need)
http://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=4d1al4

These also look nice:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#set-screws/=4d1bb3
Old 11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Nor, I'll look into these, I have also seen were a counter sunk screw was added in place were the droop screws hit, I'll keep looking fro the thread on it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

associated makes a droop screw that fits just about every arm i believe. i ran them on a losi 1.0 and 2.0 mugen mbx6 and seen them on a HB d8. the are button head on the bottom so the dont dig into your chassis. they work great and they are cut out for a 2.0mm hex driver i believe is the size. they work great
Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by quicklosi
associated makes a droop screw that fits just about every arm i believe. i ran them on a losi 1.0 and 2.0 mugen mbx6 and seen them on a HB d8. the are button head on the bottom so the dont dig into your chassis. they work great and they are cut out for a 2.0mm hex driver i believe is the size. they work great
I'll take a look thanks for the info
Old 11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by quicklosi
The droop screws are part #89317. They work great! If you run in a very stable surface you can always put internal limiters inside the shocks but then you have to disassemble the shocks every time you have to change droop.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mugen mbx6T rebound adjusting screws also work. Just make sure it doesn't limit your droop to much. I put them om my Kyosho MP9 and compared to the standard screws they take out a few mm extra droop.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I've been using the BNT screws all season, very pleased with results. He also has a great air filter spring retainer. I don't know if he's even still available, though. Have not seen him on here lately.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudboger07
Does anyone have a link that shows the mod to the frame for the droop screws to ride on instead of them digging holes in the frame, I noticed on the rtr chassis I have now the screws are digging into it and I'd liek to mod the new tf chassis were getting so this wont happen. Thanks for any info.
If you are talking about the 8ight 2.0B RTR chassis and the RR Tuned flex chassis, the TF chassis has screws where the droop screws hit so it's better than the RTR chassis.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

the ae and mugen mbx6t droop screws are the same
Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jared52
If you are talking about the 8ight 2.0B RTR chassis and the RR Tuned flex chassis, the TF chassis has screws where the droop screws hit so it's better than the RTR chassis.
This I didnt realize, so when I get the tf chassis the screws will already come with it? I guess I didnt look at the pic of the tf good enough. well at least i wont have to cut on a new chassis now.......lol
Old 11-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudboger07
This I didnt realize, so when I get the tf chassis the screws will already come with it? I guess I didnt look at the pic of the tf good enough. well at least i wont have to cut on a new chassis now.......lol
Nope, there are flat head screws that the droop screws sit on on the TF chassis. My RTR chassis was worn pretty good where the screw hit so I was glad to see that.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthijs
mugen mbx6T rebound adjusting screws also work. Just make sure it doesn't limit your droop to much. I put them om my Kyosho MP9 and compared to the standard screws they take out a few mm extra droop.

I'm assuming these have an allen hole on both ends and that's why they can be used as droop screws? Can't tell from the picture.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugs
I'm assuming these have an allen hole on both ends and that's why they can be used as droop screws? Can't tell from the picture.
thats correct
Old 11-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

The Mugen droop screws will not work with an Xray 809. Takes too much out.

On another note, has anyone actually cuased so much chassis damage that droop was hard to set before the chassis wore out due to hitting the ground?

Seems like a chassis would be well worn out before this really becomes and issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.