Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
BNT Droop Screws >

BNT Droop Screws

BNT Droop Screws

Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up BNT Droop Screws

Hello,

To those that are having problems with there droop screws destroying there chassis or if there screws are not long enough. Consider your problems solved!
Boys Noise & Toys Racing Innovations has a droop screw for you! Its standerd 4mmx12mm set screw with a 306 stainless steel ball welded to the end of them. Many factory drivers are using them now! (Associated, Jammin, Mugen) and are being used in 3 different countries. Feed back is that there droop is more consistant, no chassis gougeing and less stress on the arm itself. A set of 4 is $5 plus $3 shipping. There always in stock and ship the next day. Sorry no web site yet soon to come but you can email me at [email protected] You can see them in the Mugen thread on page.94 post #2798 ask the guys that are already using them!

*NOW MADE FOR LOSI TOO*

Last edited by xxxntmaster; 03-16-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Suspended

TTT
Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can you link the thread right up to this?

Sounds very interesting!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

They defo look like a clever Idea..
Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Suspended

click for large image!
Attached Thumbnails BNT Droop Screws-droop-screw-1.jpg  

Last edited by xxxntmaster; 03-03-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: images
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

These look nice. But do they limit the amount of droop? It looks like you might lose a bit with the bb sticking out. Great idea though. I assume you thread them in from the bottom?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

these have been avail from mcmasters forever and the mugen guys have been running them at least since the mbx5 came out...

I use them on my mbx6
Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Suspended

slaytanic-you dont lose any droop from using them, and you dont have to thread them in from the bottom you use them just like a regular droop screw. You lose droop from using the associsted 8t droop screws because they are button head screws and the button head dont screw in to the arm. Because the 8t uses longer arms the space under the arm will be bigger thats why you shouldnt use them on your buggy.

jayL- These screws are not " avail at mcmaster" please go back and read how these screws are made please! Then repost! There isnt a 4mmx12mm steel set screw with a 306 stainless steel ball welded at the end. It just dont exsist. Not even a 4mmx12mm steel ball point set screw they just dont make them to small. Do they make a flat point 4mmx12mm steel set screw"yes". Glad to hear your chassis isnt getting gouged up then, good for you. I can expect you wont be ordering screws then ill take you off the list!
P.S If you find the part number for my screws will you post it for us all then? Thank You!!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Suspended

BIG THANKS to all of those that have purchased screws up to this point its been great working with you. When you receive your packages please post on how you feel about them so we can put all the nay sayers to rest.

Thanks Lance Andraschko
Boys Noise & Toys Racing Innovations
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xxxntmaster View Post
slaytanic-you dont lose any droop from using them, and you dont have to thread them in from the bottom you use them just like a regular droop screw. You lose droop from using the associsted 8t droop screws because they are button head screws and the button head dont screw in to the arm. Because the 8t uses longer arms the space under the arm will be bigger thats why you shouldnt use them on your buggy.

jayL- These screws are not " avail at mcmaster" please go back and read how these screws are made please! Then repost! There isnt a 4mmx12mm steel set screw with a 306 stainless steel ball welded at the end. It just dont exsist. Not even a 4mmx12mm steel ball point set screw they just dont make them to small. Do they make a flat point 4mmx12mm steel set screw"yes". Glad to hear your chassis isnt getting gouged up then, good for you. I can expect you wont be ordering screws then ill take you off the list!
P.S If you find the part number for my screws will you post it for us all then? Thank You!!

The 8T screws do work on the buggy, all you have to do is dremel a small amount of the support bar on the arm so the screw will fit flush. Plus, the set ups now all recommend travel limiters, with the limiters in the shocks, you do not have to do any dremel work.

You screws do look awesome, great idea. I will be ordering some soon. Gotta love the good ole racing spirit and enginuity.

Nice work.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Yes. Depending on the design of your car the stainless ball can prevent you from getting full travel out of your suspension. Making a pocket in the arm for them is a good idea as long as it doesn't go too deep into the arm causing a weak spot.

Can you let us know the measurement on how much that ball extends past the screw?
Old 03-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Love mine ! here is a pic with them all the way in=fulldroop
Old 03-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

And here's one with the adjusted out
Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Lance, THANK YOU for my droop screws I LOVE THEM ! They work great, full range of droop adjustment. And no damaged chassis, they also don't move to the outside of the chassis and get stuck. These are great and I have suggested them to everybody I know on other forums where I am known as "Mugenator"
Old 03-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

OH!
Thanks for the extra pics! It looks like on that last one the ball is the same diameter or smaller than the thread which allows flush settings without modifying the arm no matter what your arm design is. Cool
Hope that's true becuase the first pic I saw it's not so obvious. In fact it looks like the ball end is huge compared to the hole for the screw

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.