Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroveins
can anyone tell me what kind of end is on the charge/balance lead on this battery? has anyone changed this end? if so how was it done? pics would be great. i have team orion balancer and charger with deans plugs and need to find a way to use these instead of buying another charger, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and those of you runnin this battery, where did you mount the voltage regulator?
What battery are you referring to?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
What battery are you referring to?
losi lipo receiver battery
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-losb9820.jpg  
Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

losi lipo receiver battery
The Losi Lipo comes with a JST connector and the balance connector is a Thunder power type (small pin spacing). The Losi regulator with the switch come with a JST end. The one with no switch is a Hitec style plug and will plug on with changing the ends. I fitted the regulator vertically in the receiver box on the inner side with the receiver on the outer side inside the box. Also, make sure you plug the Lipo to the switch, then the regulator. If the regulator is plugged directly and not disconnected when not running, it will constantly draw on the Lipo and kill it. If you run the switch in between, then turning the switch off will have no effect on the lipo.

As for the battery, you either clip the end off and use the connector you use or open the lipo and install the wire ends you use. I replaced the wire on mine to a Futaba J Plug, since thats what I have and I use a Futaba switch. As for the balance port, use the Common Sense Thunder Power 2 cell adapter to plug onto your chargers balance port. Check and make sure you get the correct pin arrangement. The Losi balance wire polarity is: Outside black wire=common ground for cells, the middle black wire is the B+ for cell one, and the red outer wire is the B+ for cell two.

This is the adapter I use. It for 2 or 3 cells, just align the connector and wires properly:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=268

The V1 and V2 is the end plug that goes on the charger. The difference is that the lock tab is reversed from V1 to V2 so check you charger and see which end matches. They have other types of adapters so find which one actually fits, just make sure the end is a Thunder Power style plug on the Lipo side.

Last edited by ezveedub; 02-05-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Integra
1211 is the solution to the tank leaking....and for the spring....ive never had an issue with the cap or spring...but i do run bands around the tank to help the spring out.....as i HATE it when pitmen foget to Push on the lid before throwin it back down....the bands make it SNAP closed....works like a charm.

what is the white stuff on the tank that was used to seal the tank and how much fuel line is put in to the tank where is the rubber band ob the tank are the mud guards losi part
Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

looks like JB WATERWELD
Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Keep lid tight on fuel tank

A guy at the local hobby store suggested putting a collar on the spring that holds the lid down. Slide it on the end of the spring that touches the tank. This puts extra pressure on the wire spring and keeps the lid shut tight. Very simple and effective.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Can I just say I love my 8ight? It gets better, or maybe I better say I get better, every time I race it. Initially I was running only rear brake since I put front brakes on it, but had too much and didn't like it, so I took them off. Well, after hearing my dad talk about how he was liking his brakes on his Mugen I decided to give it another shot. But this time I put just a little bit of front break so it can still rotate around corners and it was perfect from the bench. Now I can hold a much tighter line around corners after jumps. Instead of sliding way to the outside of a jump because of just rear breaks I can now hold a tight, inside line. Got second last Saturday. Before I only raced gas truck with a gt2, but due to nobody being there to race that class I had to move on to a busier class, and 1/8 is where all of the competition is, and I want to be a great driver. Running on a tight, indoor, clay track with Drake's UK Neo Race set up. Tires are Panther Switch 2.0s. Sorry for the rant, I just like my buggy a lot.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

what's different on the RTR and the race roller?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Heck im with you i have driven any other car that is a much fun and keeps you on the ball cant wait to try losi's new tuned flex chassis and see if i can push it even harder.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default new losi piviot block with inserts

Hi guy's

With these new piviot blocks what inserts do you guy's run in the front and rear to of the car keep the original toe/anti squat. and is it the same for the truggy.

for instance .5 front of front
.5 rear of front

1.0 front of rear
1.0 rear of rear
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

On the hinge pin inserts the 0 block is stock on both the front and rear. That is 20 degrees of castor, 3 degrees of toe and 3 degrees of anti-squat.
They are very nice.
TEX
Old 02-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Lord

Its called Three Bond 1211....and IMO is 1 of the only Actual fuel proof silicone's....this is what we used to fill cranks with...and as u can see i seal EVERYTHING with it...and have Never had a leak.....Definatly NOT JBweld....that stuff is NOT fuel proof.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ezveedub
The Losi Lipo comes with a JST connector and the balance connector is a Thunder power type (small pin spacing). The Losi regulator with the switch come with a JST end. The one with no switch is a Hitec style plug and will plug on with changing the ends. I fitted the regulator vertically in the receiver box on the inner side with the receiver on the outer side inside the box. Also, make sure you plug the Lipo to the switch, then the regulator. If the regulator is plugged directly and not disconnected when not running, it will constantly draw on the Lipo and kill it. If you run the switch in between, then turning the switch off will have no effect on the lipo.

As for the battery, you either clip the end off and use the connector you use or open the lipo and install the wire ends you use. I replaced the wire on mine to a Futaba J Plug, since thats what I have and I use a Futaba switch. As for the balance port, use the Common Sense Thunder Power 2 cell adapter to plug onto your chargers balance port. Check and make sure you get the correct pin arrangement. The Losi balance wire polarity is: Outside black wire=common ground for cells, the middle black wire is the B+ for cell one, and the red outer wire is the B+ for cell two.

This is the adapter I use. It for 2 or 3 cells, just align the connector and wires properly:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=268

The V1 and V2 is the end plug that goes on the charger. The difference is that the lock tab is reversed from V1 to V2 so check you charger and see which end matches. They have other types of adapters so find which one actually fits, just make sure the end is a Thunder Power style plug on the Lipo side.
thanks for all the info please show some pics!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

I just sold my Ofna chrome top 98usdex accu
I think its a gread deal.

Thanks fore the advise.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for all the info please show some pics!
Here are some pics. The Lipo in the 8ight has the wires replaced to Futaba J plug and is connected to a Futaba switch. The receiver box shows how the receiver is installed with the regulator. I still need to tie wrap and clean the wires up some. The picture of the Losi lipo on the table shows the red JST plug that doesn't fit the Losi regulator without switch, as it has the Hitec connector. Most will cut the ends off the battery and switch and install Deans Micro connectors instead of opening the lipo to change the wire ends. I also have the Common Sense RC Thunder power balance connector adapter connected so you can see it. This is a 2 or 3 cell adapter and you can see that the black wire aligns with the Losi outer black wire which is the common (-) terminal for the 2 cells. These allows the lipo to connect to more common balance ports on chargers.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-img_0125.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-img_0126.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-img_0127.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.