Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey EA: Now that your with epic/trinity/revtech does this mean we won't be seeing EA motorsports own line of motors/batteries anymore? Thanks
I am still doing stuff too. I just dont have a page and dont push a lot of it. But guys I have been helping for years still buy stuff and get dyno'd motors and such. EAMotorsports is still a retail outlet like always. Just not as big as before due to me wanting to race more at the races! LOL

EA
Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I am still doing stuff too. I just dont have a page and dont push a lot of it. But guys I have been helping for years still buy stuff and get dyno'd motors and such. EAMotorsports is still a retail outlet like always. Just not as big as before due to me wanting to race more at the races! LOL

EA
Eric thanks for the opportunity
Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just received my motor and I am wondering around what FDR should I start with or near for a 17.5 in blinky mode?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Just received my motor and I am wondering around what FDR should I start with or near for a 17.5 in blinky mode?
Chad,

I would start about 3 teeth less than the Duo 3 if you were running that before. Start conservative and work your way up and watch the temp.

EA
Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks EA....I was running the D3 before but it was boosted.

Im trying to get the car setup for the USVTA Southern Nats in Nashville. So i gotta get the car back into spec mode
Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

So after some initial testing i am very happy with the new revtech motor. Dyno'd all my motors (RT,d1,d2 and d3) and out of the 2 revtech's I bought, one was a beast and the other is still better than my best d1 at 10 degrees timing.Ran both on the DYno with half a tick of timing and beast ran 0.9 amps, 20477 rpm at 2327 kv compared to the other @ 1.0/20224 and 2298kv. Started with conservative settings on the hobby wing(36/14) and my D3 gearing of 5.4fdr to be sure and was as quick as a mates fully tweaked d2 powered hw. Bumped up the settings to 42/18 and would have smoked the motor if i had not have pulled the run at 3 minutes @ 80c.

I will be testing more this weekend and will leave the HW settings at around 40 boost 14 turbo but will add more pinion and see how it handles that. Comparing the old motors to the new the D3 does like more gearing than the D1/2 so maybe the new RT will like even more gear. Hopefully my new 28c pack will arrive and i can really see what these motors will do with a fresh pack.

Last edited by Benzaah; 08-22-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: speeling :)
Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
So after some initial testing i am very happy with the new revtech motor. Dyno'd all my motors (RT,d1,d2 and d3) and out of the 2 revtech's I bought, one was a beast and the other is still better than my best d1 at 10 degrees timing.Ran both on the DYno with half a tick of timing and beast ran 0.9 amps, 20477 rpm at 2327 kv compared to the other @ 1.0/20224 and 2298kv. Started with conservative settings on the hobby wing(36/14) and my D3 gearing of 5.4fdr to be sure and was as quick as a mates fully tweaked d2 powered hw. Bumped up the settings to 42/18 and would have smoked the motor if i had not have pulled the run at 3 minutes @ 80c.

I will be testing more this weekend and will leave the HW settings at around 40 boost 14 turbo but will add more pinion and see how it handles that. Comparing the old motors to the new the D3 does like more gearing than the D1/2 so maybe the new RT will like even more gear. Hopefully my new 28c pack will arrive and i can really see what these motors will do with a fresh pack.

Those numbers sound more like a motor checker rather than Dyno numbers? In any matter, testing the RT over a D3, in 17.5/blinky class I have found that the fdr for the RT stays the same as the D3 but you can put more physical timing into the RT. The motor seems to get to a certain temp and then runs there for a longer length of time before the heat begins to build. You can gear for a higher temp if the on track performance is required but its nice to see the motor not start to thermal runaway as qucikly as others.

Be very cafeful of this motor for end rotor end play, and if it feels like it has excessive free drag, try to loosen the 3 can screws just a touch to see if the drag goes away. The motor should have a little more drag than the D3 but not a excessive amount. Very important, do not over tighten the can screws.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry those numbers are from a motor checker not a dyno. Interesting to hear you say the motor will maintain that kind of temp for longer and not go thermal. I will still go back to the lower settings and work my way back up again and see how it goes.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The ReVtech battery+motor combo is incredible.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Team EAM

Thanks for the update Adam! Its great to hear guys are figuring out the new motors and going fast with them!

EA
Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Revtech Batterry ???

I race mainly 17.5 blinky class and am torn between the 2S 28C "spec" batteries or the 2S 60C batteries. Still trying to wrap my head around the idea of the lower C rating being better for "spec" class racing? Any info would be appreciatted
Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

I bit the bullet and got a 28c pack to try as another racer here has the 60c packs already to benchmark against. It arrived today from Nexux racing so very happy with their speedy service to Australia. I have tried the 60c revtech pack and preferred that over the LRP 6300 fat cobra pack. It will be interesting to see how they handle 17.5 boosted as we have medium grip at best here with mostly low grip and these packs are meant to be for that. I prefer a linear profile as well so Im hoping that they work a treat as for the price they will be unbeatable. Hurry up Saturday....
Old 08-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by arn671
I race mainly 17.5 blinky class and am torn between the 2S 28C "spec" batteries or the 2S 60C batteries. Still trying to wrap my head around the idea of the lower C rating being better for "spec" class racing? Any info would be appreciatted
I prefer the 60C batteries in spec classes due to the fact the IR is lower. On that same token I have not tried a 28C 2S pack in TC. Only a 28C 1S pack in 12th scale. For what ever reason the 28C 1S pack seems to be very close in cycle numbers and on track performance.

I bit the bullet and got a 28c pack to try as another racer here has the 60c packs already to benchmark against. It arrived today from Nexux racing so very happy with their speedy service to Australia. I have tried the 60c revtech pack and preferred that over the LRP 6300 fat cobra pack. It will be interesting to see how they handle 17.5 boosted as we have medium grip at best here with mostly low grip and these packs are meant to be for that. I prefer a linear profile as well so Im hoping that they work a treat as for the price they will be unbeatable. Hurry up Saturday....
Please post your findings after you compare the two 2S packs please! I have not had a chance to try the 28C 2S packs yet.

Thanks!
EA
Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Hi all..
First race of our clubs new season..Started well for me..
Used the revtechs, 17.5 boosted EA D3. Large out door asphalt track. (i race with Benzaah)....Fastest times yet. TQ'ed, finnished 2nd overall (had an off, my fault)..Love em..Wish I didnt pass up on the RT motors..Sorry Eric, next time. ..My bad
Ive only just started using one of the 3 D3's that you made me.

One thing I did notice. Less motor timing to get same results using EA dynoed D3 as to shelf D3. I do have more motor timing if needed.

I have an aggresive driving style. I do "mash" the trigger, so I heat motors, quickly, Aye Benny Boy..

Using gear diff as well.

No noticable fade for 5mins 20secs + 1 warm up lap...
Using shelf bought D3..Faded 4mins 30 consistantly..

Will try Fat cobras next meet and post findings...Will be interesting..

Mike
Old 08-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default RT 28C pak.

Can one of you guys that has the 28C pak post the dimensions and the weight of the pack please.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.