Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Brandon I have said when the cars are ready we will be glad to send him one out and we will follow thru for sure,We are runing proto cars right now these are not the kits that will be avaliblle for the public.they are cars we are shakeing down to find the best possiblle setup for the the race roller.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chill_Will
I finally got to see the new buggy in action in practice sat. It looks good on the track, not the paint job, but the car did. I wish the both of us didn't have engine issues. Brian had to drop out. I finished second because of overheating. 411 is not a good running temp. I found out it was a bearing leaking. I got something for the guy that won.
LOL Yeah it was good racing. Mine kept cutting off all day as well. Finally cut back on and had to make up mucho ground. It came off the track hot too. Time to change my setup again....

Brian's new buggy looked great....love the new body look.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Dude must really have some personal demons to exercise.

I once won a free trip to Hawaii (valued at about $10K) from a former employer, but was not awarded it due to a technicality not related to my perfomance. Sure I was upset, and they never said that we will work it out for you like TQ has for that racer's free kit. But I never felt compelled to repeatedly blast and throw a company under the bus over a free item, especially when I've got nothing invested in it.

Maybe the future free kits should come from a buy one get one free offer.

Last edited by RoyJ; 04-12-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Will and JZ are right, my buggy was very good Saturday. I struggled with an ill engine all day and still did not figure out the problem. The car was very easy to drive and the set up that I put on it worked great. The only thing I changed was tires on the buggy and it was perfect. I look forward to my next test with the engine fixed to see what I can really do with this car. I know my lap times were not what they should have been because of the engine.

I can not wait till everyone gets this car, they will love it.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Car

Roy its okay,I accept the fact that I made the mistake and we will fix it,I understand the gentleman's feeling about the entire deal.I will be happy when he sees the car kit arrive.

Well my car was spot on finally,the car did everything I needed and it was a joy to drive.I must say that all the team input has really been helping to get the car to this point.

Roy has been one of the major test guys to get this project moving forward and I want to really thank him, he pushes hard to get things right and his years of Rc Experience have really paid dividends to the success of this project.

Also Dave,Brian,Shannon,Mark and Kelby really have us moving forward in a good way.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I checked out the new EVO this past weekend and it look`s awesome on and off the track. Joe wheeled the EVO around track with ease, at least it looked that way. Joe looked fast out there on a challenging track and with some fast guy`s. Great job Joe !!

I had not a bad weekend, had problem`s getting my SX8 to turn, finally got it kind of figured out and had motor problem`s in warm up. My pit guy did his best to get me back on the track but we could not fix the problem.

Luther we need to talk about getting on of those EVO`s out hear.

Call me when you have some free time.

Last edited by Andrew_67; 04-12-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwjones76
Dave Liekam has already taken care of this problem. I see no reason to keep rehashing it. I would think that the person who did not receive the kit would be on here. Let it go!
It has not been recieved yet....so no it is not handled. Dave Leikam should not have to pay out of his own pocket for this. It was not his responsibility.

Re-hashing????? Dude, it has been 14 months!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RoyJ

I once won a free trip to Hawaii (valued at about $10K) from a former employer, but was not awarded it due to a technicality not related to my perfomance. Sure I was upset, and they never said that we will work it out for you like TQ has for that racer's free kit. But I never felt compelled to repeatedly blast and throw a company under the bus over a free item, especially when I've got nothing invested in it.

So if you won a New Novarossi Motor (or a buggy kit like me) at a race, waited 14 months, been told multiple times it was sent, called a liar, told I was unable to get a hold of, told it was sent multiple times, called a cry baby (That is hilarious), and flamed by all the TQ drivers that you would just say hell with it??

Roy, would you really leave $400.00 cash sitting on you keyboard right now and not take it? As far as your $10,000 trip, sounds like there is more to it.The fact you just let $10k go Yep, not performance based I am sure!!!

Now, Luther has promised he will send me the new buggy when it comes available and I believe him. Do you guys really want to keep this thread going like this? I have been waiting, I did not say anything and you idiots start more crap. Keep it up, and I will be here. Luther can attest, I have not said shit, since he promised it was coming.

The fact any of you winers would say you would just "forget it", what a joke! be real........

Sorry Luther, your puppies started it.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Roy How have things been going

I need to travel down your way to a race soon.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwjones76
Dave Liekam has already taken care of this problem. I see no reason to keep rehashing it. I would think that the person who did not receive the kit would be on here. Let it go!
Better Know your facts 1st!

Originally Posted by RoyJ

Dude u have no clue! But I will speak the truth about a company that does not up hold to what they promise!

Originally Posted by Local racer
Roy its okay,I accept the fact that I made the mistake and we will fix it,I understand the gentleman's feeling about the entire deal.I will be happy when he sees the car kit arrive.

Well my car was spot on finally,the car did everything I needed and it was a joy to drive.I must say that all the team input has really been helping to get the car to this point.

Roy has been one of the major test guys to get this project moving forward and I want to really thank him, he pushes hard to get things right and his years of Rc Experience have really paid dividends to the success of this project.

Also Dave,Brian,Shannon,Mark and Kelby really have us moving forward in a good way.
Thats cool if u say u are going to do this, but shouldn't be on the back burner, wont let u forget for another year. will be posting in the near future if not resolved
Old 04-13-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default SX8 09 Electro conversion?

Hey Guy's

Do any of you of a electric conversion kit made for or maybe will fit with slight moderations for a SX8 09.

thought that maybe one of these would work.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/motor-...-293_1391.html

hope you can help out

thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Jesper - I don't think any of those kits will work. As of right not Mike at RC Monster is building mine. He said none of the kits he has for the other buggies will work so he is making one. After he finishes mine then he will have a template to do more.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
LOL Yeah it was good racing. Mine kept cutting off all day as well. Finally cut back on and had to make up mucho ground. It came off the track hot too. Time to change my setup again....

Brian's new buggy looked great....love the new body look.
Jose, yours wasn't hot compared to mine. (411 degrees) That's why you caught up.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I wish somebody taped the race. I want to see the third heat!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chill_Will
Jesper - I don't think any of those kits will work. As of right not Mike at RC Monster is building mine. He said none of the kits he has for the other buggies will work so he is making one. After he finishes mine then he will have a template to do more.
Hey Chill

that sounds great.. how far is he in the progress?
I am trying to help a friend who is new to rc. it's gonna make for an awesome bashing machine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.