Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man! I have to get back out and race with you guys but first is that Milestone race this Sunday for some SC racing then plan to make the trip to ARC to run some SC there.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
You're alive!?
What? I can't be on the low for a few weeks....
Old 08-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stipres
You're alive!?
looks like the icecream man came out of his cave too.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Practice day again, concerned about the lack of turnout for ARC. what might be some reasons for this?
Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

ARC needs a new layout again and people will show up ,the current layout has been in since JBRL. It was only slightly modified from the previous layout that was from first race of the snowman series. That also had the same layout throughout. Even just a partial change of the right or left side will gain interest .
Old 08-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

So in general, to keep a track flourishing is to have track changes?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

In a way ,just look at the snowman series ,it was posted a track change halfway through the series . It never happened and turnout slowly decreased. There was alot of missed opportunity when the JBRL was held with 150 plus people at ARC. I series should have been posted all around the track with details and dates figured .It was the best time with nationals on the horizon. When you can get one or two people out from a certain area that turns into 5 to 10 people.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Giulitto
So in general, to keep a track flourishing is to have track changes?
In a Nutshell......YES!! We are in a economic climate where people are really cutting back and trying to save money. If there isn't anything new or different about the "local track," and money is tight, people will choose to stay home. Once the scene becomes stagnant people lose interest. Constant track changes (even small ones) keep things interesting and challenging and therefore people will feel it is worth the time and money. This obviously isn't the only reason, but a very important one.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by revrace
In a Nutshell......YES!! We are in a economic climate where people are really cutting back and trying to save money. If there isn't anything new or different about the "local track," and money is tight, people will choose to stay home. Once the scene becomes stagnant people lose interest. Constant track changes (even small ones) keep things interesting and challenging and therefore people will feel it is worth the time and money. This obviously isn't the only reason, but a very important one.
yes what hes said!...but also the fact that most tracks charge $15 to race,not $20....and for practice,its usually only $7 or $8 not $10...im not saying it bothers me or anything im just saying that might be a contribution on the small turnouts
Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revrace
i agree. 100%
Old 08-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
yes what hes said!...but also the fact that most tracks charge $15 to race,not $20....and for practice,its usually only $7 or $8 not $10...im not saying it bothers me or anything im just saying that might be a contribution on the small turnouts
i agree with this too.where he is located for most of us its a little drive and add the 20$ fee most will pass on going and go to a more local track.it dosent bother me either but for a lot of people it does.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think a track change and promoting the racing more on the treads will help. I've been trying to get some guys on so-cal rc up there. It's a great place to race, just needs more people.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

It is hard to say what drives the prices at ARC but I can only assume with the location in a resort and that piece of land there has to be a large amount of overhead.
Not to mention he is by himself and to have a consistency of track changes is tough.
I know that he is planning on one soon so hopefully we will see a larger turnout.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

I think ARC has a very nice facility. The dirt there compared to Barona is way better and way more gentle on the tires. I agree track changes help with drawing a crowd for sure. I want to go race this weekend with a few buddies and want to know if it will be worth going to ARC or if I am gonna have to go up to REV to get some 1/8 Nitro action going. Cant race on Friday nights at Barona or Hemet for SC stuff. Who all is gonna make it up to ARC this weekend for some 1/8th action?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

if you want to race for sure,then go to rev!...but if you wake up early enough you can try and go to ARC and see what the turn out is,but rev is a for sure race and they dont start till 230 so you have time to check ARC!...oh and i love ARC its just the fact that the price is alittle high and not too many nitro races get held there cause every1 nowadays has brushless or short bus, i mean short course! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.