Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC8TCE or MBX6T

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fallguy
I hear that the RC8T wears out quick.. most guys say it gets slopy fast...

What are you cracking on the MBX6T... all i ever need is front arms. So if you just stock up on a few parts you should be fine. and the only time a arm blows out on me is from a hard lawn dart hit on the one tire.
On the other hand Ferrari hasnt sold a single car because it never breaks down

Its all in what youre aiming for. Im almost convinced that the RC8TCE is the faster car. Then again the mugen might be easier and cheaper to own, if thats what youre after.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:39 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think you should stick with the MBX6T. I have a RC8T CE and haven't run it yet. It seems well made and very nice, but I don't think it's better than the MBX6, more like on par with advantages and disadvantages relatively. If you're breaking items, as others mentioned, just stock up on a few of those items.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if your having problem w/ the parts so i guess you need to change to rc8t ,we know the rc8t parts are cheaper than the 6T, but you got to remember,every truck got issue , the rc8t got weak parts too for me it s just the front lower arms issue it will bend but it wont crack,i guess different materials,but the rear hub issue for me is "zero" i guess it comes on the different driving ............my friend 6T ,is great truck the handling is way better than the old 5T, its just everytime he cleared the quads & most of the time he nose dive the front lower arm cracked ,someone suggest to boil it ,i will let my friend know about this ...............& believe me this guy is a ebayer ,he loves bidding he got a lot of 6T spare parts
Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The RC8T is a pretty awesome machine, for how much fuel I pump through mine, I can say it's as tough as any, and tougher than some. It handles like a shark, and gives you alot for the price of admission.

If you're already invested in a Mugen ( another excellent platform ), then stock up on the breakable parts, it's much more cost effective that way. Now if you didn't like how the Mugen handled, then maybe jump ship, but if it drives right, then keep driving it.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Galeleo
I cant speak on the mugen, but I do own an RC8T CE. Here are my observations with this platform:

Pros:
Handles excellent on all tracks.
Easy to dial/tune for any track situation
Lots of hop-ups and parts (all of which are affordable)
Lots of steering

Cons:
Worst plastic ever! When tightening screws, you cant feel the end, its really easy to strip a hole.

Rear hub carriers snap like crazy if they are plastic. Its due to the fact that the pin is 3mm and should be 4mm. Can be modded though. That or buy the 65 dollar aluminum hubs.

Camber links and steering links like to crack.

Fuel tank dont like to stay shut either, you may have to buy slightly larger o-ring for the lid to get a good seal. Mine is constantly leaking fuel even if I physically push down on the lid.

Drive shafts are brittle and will snap after a few gallons.

That said, even though there are alot of cons, I really do enjoy driving this truggy. It handles great, and with the right motor, its super fast. I dont bash in parks and only drive on tracks. I am not hard on my vehicles.

You will have to figure out if you want a superior platform for construction ( mugen ) with more expensive parts that are replaced rarely or go with a platform with inferior construction (poor plastics) but are cheaper to replace, but will need replacing more often.

I guarantee that if you switch, you will like the RC8T, but you wont like the pastics and the fit of the parts compared to the mugen.
Much cheaper aluminum hubs. They work like a charm and match the anodized parts. Work for buggy and truggy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Rear-Kn...item2c548cde20
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

NO NO NO NO trade it to me!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!lol: like i said you would be crazy to trade it for rc 8tce
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
The RC8T is a pretty awesome machine, for how much fuel I pump through mine, I can say it's as tough as any, and tougher than some. It handles like a shark, and gives you alot for the price of admission.

If you're already invested in a Mugen ( another excellent platform ), then stock up on the breakable parts, it's much more cost effective that way. Now if you didn't like how the Mugen handled, then maybe jump ship, but if it drives right, then keep driving it.
Best advice above. +1
Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does the MBX6T handle that bad? From what i read the 8T 2.0 handles the best... do alot of other truggys out handle the MBX6T?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have owned and ran both my opinions are

RC8T - Really good steering
fairly ok acceleration
super plush suspension
the most forgiving truck when you make a mistake
weak plastics

Mugen mbx6t
Excellent steering
superior handling in the rough
jumps better
excellent acceleration

I loved the RC8T and thought about buying a new one again after my trucks were stolen but tried the Mugen and thought it was a better all around vehicle in this comparison.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

, I am going to keep my mugen. Reading too many people who have had the AE saying stock with it. So I will. I will just stock up on parts as I can

maybe have a chat with the LHS owner and see if he will start stocking some of what I know breaks