R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RC8TCE or MBX6T (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/403809-rc8tce-mbx6t.html)

Dlewis4 05-31-2010 04:15 AM

RC8TCE or MBX6T

I currently have a 6T, and love it, but parts availability and cost suck for it. I am a pretty agressive/loose driver, and this truggy seems to suit me very well.
BUT- at my local track, i have several factory AE guys, and parts availability/cost is much better.

Can anyone who has driven both, or knows anything about both, give me pro's/con's to both?

Like i said, I love my 6T, but have an opportunity to swap for a nice RC8TCE, but just want to make sure i am making the right choice.

Thanks all!

JUD 05-31-2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dlewis4 (Post 7478067)
I currently have a 6T, and love it, but parts availability and cost suck for it. I am a pretty agressive/loose driver, and this truggy seems to suit me very well.
BUT- at my local track, i have several factory AE guys, and parts availability/cost is much better.

Can anyone who has driven both, or knows anything about both, give me pro's/con's to both?

Like i said, I love my 6T, but have an opportunity to swap for a nice RC8TCE, but just want to make sure i am making the right choice.

Thanks all!

OK...:weird: you say it suits you very well. Are you breaking parts?? Be the different guy on the track. Stick to your Mugen:tire:

Inertia 05-31-2010 05:24 AM

If your breaking the mugen frequently, highly unlikely, and it's effecting your racing due to waiting on parts than I would reccommend that you change car. Better alternative would just to stock up on parts you perosonallt break most frequently. The rc8t is a good car but the mugen is the top dog

All4BSpinnin 05-31-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Inertia (Post 7478266)
If your breaking the mugen frequently, highly unlikely, and it's effecting your racing due to waiting on parts than I would reccommend that you change car. Better alternative would just to stock up on parts you perosonallt break most frequently. The rc8t is a good car but the mugen is the top dog

Top dog? Okkkkk

Inertia 05-31-2010 06:18 AM

Hahahah yes it is :p

JUD 05-31-2010 06:30 AM

YUP!!:tire:

Dlewis4 05-31-2010 08:40 AM

Everyone seems to be saying Mugen everywhere.... so maybe i should just stick with it?

Galeleo 05-31-2010 08:42 AM

I cant speak on the mugen, but I do own an RC8T CE. Here are my observations with this platform:

Pros:
Handles excellent on all tracks.
Easy to dial/tune for any track situation
Lots of hop-ups and parts (all of which are affordable)
Lots of steering

Cons:
Worst plastic ever! When tightening screws, you cant feel the end, its really easy to strip a hole.

Rear hub carriers snap like crazy if they are plastic. Its due to the fact that the pin is 3mm and should be 4mm. Can be modded though. That or buy the 65 dollar aluminum hubs.

Camber links and steering links like to crack.

Fuel tank dont like to stay shut either, you may have to buy slightly larger o-ring for the lid to get a good seal. Mine is constantly leaking fuel even if I physically push down on the lid.

Drive shafts are brittle and will snap after a few gallons.

That said, even though there are alot of cons, I really do enjoy driving this truggy. It handles great, and with the right motor, its super fast. I dont bash in parks and only drive on tracks. I am not hard on my vehicles.

You will have to figure out if you want a superior platform for construction ( mugen ) with more expensive parts that are replaced rarely or go with a platform with inferior construction (poor plastics) but are cheaper to replace, but will need replacing more often.

I guarantee that if you switch, you will like the RC8T, but you wont like the pastics and the fit of the parts compared to the mugen.

fallguy 05-31-2010 08:50 AM

I hear that the RC8T wears out quick.. most guys say it gets slopy fast...

What are you cracking on the MBX6T... all i ever need is front arms. So if you just stock up on a few parts you should be fine. and the only time a arm blows out on me is from a hard lawn dart hit on the one tire.:lol:

Galeleo 05-31-2010 08:53 AM

I would argue that. Mine is still tight and have about 4 gallons on it. Not much slop on it compared to a losi. Dont get me wrong, it wears, but the mugens wear much better.

I would say though, If I were to purchase another truggy or know what I know now, I would probably get the mugen.

Dlewis4 05-31-2010 09:06 AM

Sounds good!!!! Glad i didnt go through with anytghing yet

MadRussian 05-31-2010 09:21 AM

Parts availability suck?
I beg to differ, we are a MBX6-6T specialty store, we have a massive stock of parts, for the MBX6 series, both Mugen and the finest of aftermarket parts/hop-ups, and we are adding more weekly as they pass our testing.
Thats right we test what we sell. :nod:
Our Team took 1st and 3rd in buggy at Atlanta SX (2nd was MBX6 too, lol) and 1st in truggy, continuing our winning and podium performances!

I am really digging my Fioroni spring chassis brace on my MBX6, it really helps on the rough stuff, and has been quite durable!

Dlewis4 05-31-2010 09:23 AM

Yes, parts availability sucks for me... i hate having to wait a week if i break something...

BUT, i did order front and rear arms, and some hubs so i should be good for a while.

MadRussian 05-31-2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dlewis4 (Post 7479080)
Yes, parts availability sucks for me... i hate having to wait a week if i break something...

BUT, i did order front and rear arms, and some hubs so i should be good for a while.

Gotcha its local parts availability you are talking about.
We are in GA, so if you are in KC it should be only 2-3 days by UPS ground.

tony montana 05-31-2010 10:39 AM

I agree, just stock up on the breakable parts. Under a hundred bucks will get everything that you need for a long time