Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C 1/8 GT car

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

small clip of saturady and sunday at Byrons!
http://youtu.be/1FGcfsdFYq8
Old 06-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
small clip of saturady and sunday at Byrons!
http://youtu.be/1FGcfsdFYq8
That looked like fun
Wish I.could get my gtv2 dialed in like that.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scooby61
That looked like fun
Wish I.could get my gtv2 dialed in like that.
I have a customer in brownsville with a V2 that handles really well, not quite as agile as mine but very good. I actually think i can make a long chassis work good now. My son is about to start racing nitro so i may pick up another long chassis and see how it goes!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

I have a customer in brownsville with a V2 that handles really well, not quite as agile as mine but very good. I actually think i can make a long chassis work good now. My son is about to start racing nitro so i may pick up another long chassis and see how it goes!
Cool! My son races 10th scale with me. Keep the parts hints coming we all appreciate your help and all that r&d.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

You are doing a great job Marcus. Will ofna sell the v2 with the shorter chassis as an option ?
Old 06-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Also I noticed not too many vent holes in UR ofna dp8 body ... Why is that ?
Old 06-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
You are doing a great job Marcus. Will ofna sell the v2 with the shorter chassis as an option ?
Doubt it, just buy the TeamC version, It will have better parts on it anyway, just like the TS4.

Also I noticed not too many vent holes in UR ofna dp8 body ... Why is that ?
The holes make no difference whatsoever , just make the body weaker!! the entire bottom of the body is open, you only need holes for refill, glow plug and heat measurement. Technically that is the TeamC MT body!! they are all made by Hong nor though!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:41 AM
jpn
Tech Master

Quick question for Markus...

Is it possible to use 45/42 rather than the 46...I want a longer first gear and maintain the 2nd gear ratio due to the nature of our track...?
Old 06-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Doubt it, just buy the TeamC version, It will have better parts on it anyway, just like the TS4.

The holes make no difference whatsoever , just make the body weaker!! the entire bottom of the body is open, you only need holes for refill, glow plug and heat measurement. Technically that is the TeamC MT body!! they are all made by Hong nor though!
Tks for the reply Marcus...So team C sells that Mclaren Body also I would imagine ? ...Thats the body that I use on my Kyosho GT1....Love it....As far as the vents hole go, what kind of eng temps you see on race day ? I would imagine fresh air blowing through the windshield and side windows exiting through the rear window would dramatically cool the head ??
Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpn
Quick question for Markus...

Is it possible to use 45/42 rather than the 46...I want a longer first gear and maintain the 2nd gear ratio due to the nature of our track...?
Yes, you can interchange them all

Tks for the reply Marcus...So team C sells that Mclaren Body also I would imagine ? ...Thats the body that I use on my Kyosho GT1....Love it....As far as the vents hole go, what kind of eng temps you see on race day ? I would imagine fresh air blowing through the windshield and side windows exiting through the rear window would dramatically cool the head ??
Aerodynamics are a funny thing, i cut the rear window completely out and the engine was hotter, replaced with lexan and temps dropped. since the bottom is completely exposed, you get different pressure drops than what you would think. If the head is not exposed you really dont need a bunch of holes. If you have more air going into the body than can exit you make matter worse. My engines run around 250-270 depending on ambient of course. at the byrons event i was finishing 10min qualifiers at 215*. Things change at 60mph. I actually think you can get better flow by ducting from the bottom but we need a wind tunnel to get it right! You have to match the intake and exit flow or the air will not flow. If you have a large windshield hole and two side holes only to exit through a small hole in the rear then the air will not flow and basically stall. the hole i have in my windshield and the engine hole are the same size.

I am starting to favor the Mt body too I have noticed that the Alpha bodies "tuck" bad and everyone at one time or another had to stop and have a marshall untuck them or pull into the pits to fix it......thats wasted time. The Mt body will not tuck. handling wise i dont feel much of a difference between the two, the Alpha may have better mid rotation but its minimal if at all.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:41 AM
jpn
Tech Master

MantisWorx

Thanks for you set up tips, the GT8 (not me though) won over a field of Cobra GTs here at our local track in Cebu, Philippines...

We were way down on power running SH motors against Cobras with Nova Bonitos, BTTs, Werk, but turn in and corner speed of the GT8 equalized things The way I saw it.

Fastest lap though belonged to a cobra GT/Bonito 17.5sec. The GT8/SH21 though was close enough with a17.7... With much less power ....
Old 06-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jpn
MantisWorx

Thanks for you set up tips, the GT8 (not me though) won over a field of Cobra GTs here at our local track in Cebu, Philippines...

We were way down on power running SH motors against Cobras with Nova Bonitos, BTTs, Werk, but turn in and corner speed of the GT8 equalized things The way I saw it.

Fastest lap though belonged to a cobra GT/Bonito 17.5sec. The GT8/SH21 though was close enough with a17.7... With much less power ....

Thats awesome! post up some pix and vid if you have any!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Where can I buy a short chassis from because I want to convert my v2 to the shorter version for tight tracks
Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tbo713
Where can I buy a short chassis from because I want to convert my v2 to the shorter version for tight tracks

I can order one for you but it is expensive and you also need a rear center CVD, chassis braces are the same.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

I can order one for you but it is expensive and you also need a rear center CVD, chassis braces are the same.
So you don't keep them in stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.