Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skill
Just a quick question, how do I increase the Ackerman effect on the Cyclone? Do I add more spacers or take spacers out of the servo saver?
Make the links more angled, so taking spacers out would give more ackerman effect.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Took the car out for the first time today and I am very happy with it. It's fast, responsive and has plenty of steering!!!!!!!
One question though for you guys. Do you like the oneway in the front? It seems like you have to be very careful with the throttle release so it doesn't spin out. What are your opinions on oneway vs. spool?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have no experience with a one way but I do not like spools. It's just not to my liking. I am driving on a fairly tight, small, somwhat rough track. I much prefer the Diff.

Oh, and I am driving a Pro 4, not a cyclone but it should be much the same.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nordheim
Took the car out for the first time today and I am very happy with it. It's fast, responsive and has plenty of steering!!!!!!!
One question though for you guys. Do you like the oneway in the front? It seems like you have to be very careful with the throttle release so it doesn't spin out. What are your opinions on oneway vs. spool?
basically a spool wil be pretty understeery on corner entry, but pull straight and hard when exiting
a 1way will give really good steering entring corner, and the same as a spool on the exit, and any time you are 'on power'

1ways are almost always the fastest, provided you can master drinving with them.

it shouldnt spin if you let off, it will almost always spin if you brake with a
1way thought, are you using drag brake? this may affect it, turn it off. maybe somthing in your drive train is binding causing it to be less free and want to slow down faster which off power will causing the rear alot of drag (effectivly drag brake) and help the car to be spinning.

check your not using any drag brake on your speedo or radio
then check your drive train, do it a section at a time, ie; the rear diff, with no belts connected, shim it properly and make sure it spins freely. do the same with the centre and front.
always shim and check freeness without belts, this way you can spot which area of the drivetrain is unfree easily, know each individual section shimmed nicely and the only thing which will put drag on it will be the belts when you put them on.

Stew
Old 10-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I do like the oneway. It seems very responsive compared to when I used the spool on the Pro 4.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:48 PM
DP
Tech Apprentice

Not sure if anyone has noticed and said anything but if you look at the angle of kick up and squat on the front and rear to me it has pro dive and the rear anti squat.... am i the only one who has noticed this?

Dave
Old 10-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

At the moment I am finding a one-way really responsive, and extremely difficult to brake for hairpins. I am considering getting a spool, but for the time being I will perservere with the one-way as I used to go really well with one in my old Pro 3
Old 10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

... If you have bought an extra locked centre pulley, and used the layshaft with the 3 flats on it...

Your a star SKILL!

Didn’t give this sentence much thought last night, but woke up at about 4am this morning, started thinking about the Cyclone (oh dear) and realised that I hadn’t changed the layshaft. What a numpty I am. The car had massive oversteer because it was basically a rear wheel drive car, the locked centre pulley was just spinning on the shaft.

Well thats one lesson learn’t. I’ll have to wait for the next dry day now before I really find out what the Cyclone is all about.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

At the moment I am finding a one-way really responsive, and extremely difficult to brake for hairpins. I am considering getting a spool, but for the time being I will perservere with the one-way as I used to go really well with one in my old Pro 3

On the right tracks, the one-ways are superb. I’ve always used a spool until I went to Snetterton this year with the stock nationals. Spent most of the practise day with a spool (using the Pro4) until someone suggested I use a one-way. First run was a bit all over the place but from there on, the car just felt much faster and smoother. I wouldn’t have the balls to use a one-way anywhere else though, Snetterton’s layout is very open, no tight bends to worry about.

I think if you can perservere, you will only benefit from using one.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Do HPI do any Ti ball studs instead of the steel ones? Also has anyone had any problems when trying to run the inner most camber holes on the bulkheads? I have had to dremil my bearing holders down as the ball studs were hitting these and binding up the drivetrain.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:41 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
Do HPI do any Ti ball studs instead of the steel ones? Also has anyone had any problems when trying to run the inner most camber holes on the bulkheads? I have had to dremil my bearing holders down as the ball studs were hitting these and binding up the drivetrain.
At least there are some made by Square. Two different length of thread.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by V12
At least there are some made by Square. Two different length of thread.
Anyone got the web address for them?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=341&id=966
here you go these are the long ones
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Try http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...tart=72&num=12 im pretty sure theyve go them instock.

Last edited by Phil C; 10-30-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=341&id=965 these are the short ones and yes i phil is right i think precision has them in stock ill check

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.