Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JayBee, have you not received anything yet? I sent your towers early last week, to a PO Box address that you listed under shipping address. They should have arrived by now. Are you just waiting on the springs? If you have not received the towers and pistons by friday, let me know and I will re-send the package.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Nope; usps has been really sucking lately. Lost one package of mine AND "couldn't locate address" with another package and it got sent back.... I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
JayBee, have you not received anything yet? I sent your towers early last week, to a PO Box address that you listed under shipping address. They should have arrived by now. Are you just waiting on the springs? If you have not received the towers and pistons by friday, let me know and I will re-send the package.
Sorry Christian....nada today
Old 06-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Cristian,
Ran the bulkhead tops and springs yesterday for the first time. I didn't play with the camber links much and had them set to nearly identical positions as I ran previously. The springs were great, though. Great ride control and the car was very planted. I ran 15.5/13.5 front and rear, though I think I could go to a 14.5 rear.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Brian, sounds great! If your track has a lot of grip, maybe the 14.5's are better. Which roll centers are you on? What are you exactly looking for in the car? If you want a little more roll resistance, try lowering the inside camber link a bit. This will make the car rotate a bit harder, or you can always take away rear toe. Of course everyone is a bit different and should tune according to personal preference and specific track conditions.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Cristian,
The car is rolling to the amount I want it to front and rear, it's just the weight transfer distribution that I think is biased to the rear too much. I am planning to go up to 0b blocks in the rear (currently at 3a all around). I don't want to reduce rear toe, that will take away forward grip. There are quite a few ideas I have going in my head that I want to try . Just wanted to let you know that those springs are great!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Christian, FINALLY got everything in and installed on the car. And I concur with Brian....the springs worked great for me yesterday. Car felt super planted. I have a 2nd set of shocks that I'm gonna be putting your pistons in, 40/30wt oil and 14.5/13.5lbs springs. With the RR bulkheads and slipper-spool, what I'm looking for is a bit more corner entry rotation. Maybe a little less rear toe will help that?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Jaybee, I am glad you finally got your stuff. Again, thanks for the feedback guys. I have received many, many compliments about the springs. IMO, they are so awesome.

Are you looking for more turn in or rotation? Don't really understand the entry rotation statement. However, for more turn in, lay in your front shocks a hole or change your ackerman to a more aggressive setting (move the steering arm selector all the way forward). The ackerman is a very, very big change, so you will have to turn your dual rate down at least 10-15%, otherwise the car can over-rotate a lot. Less rear toe will take away a bit of entry steering, but will free up the car in the middle and exit of the corner and give you a bit more rotation.

For pistons, 30/40 might be a bit on the light side, since the pistons are quite a bit bigger than the kit AE ones. Don't hesitate to go heavier if necessary, especially with summer temperatures starting to show up. I would suggest 35/45 as a starting point and adjust in 2.5wt increments at either end depending on the grip levels and reaction that you are looking for.

My starting point for the camber links is the outside (shorter) location with 3mm underneath the inside link and 2mm outside in the front and then 3mm outside rear and 2mm inside (this is with all black ball studs). I almost never change the outside link location, but play a bit depending on track conditions with the position of the inside links. Just 1mm will make a huge difference. Going up on the position will usually give you a little more grip at whichever end you do it to. I play with it until I find a balance that I like. I usually never go higher than 3mm underneath the inside links at either the front or rear. The happy spot that I have liked is between 1.5 and 3mm at either end.

On another note, we managed to get Olly Jeffries and Stephen Lander's on the team roster recently and will be working together with them to further develop the TC6 and parts we come out with. I still don't have confirmation as to which parts they selected to use, but they did get them in time for the last BRCA national this past weekend. The even better news is that Olly won

Brian, sounds like you are on the right track! Keep us posted! We have found that our 14.5 lb spring, even though the same rate as the AE Springs, make the car a bit more consistent and compliant to the road surface. This is probably because the springs are a different material is my guess.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Cristian,
The winding pattern on your springs seems to be more consistent. The material obviously can have a big impact, as the slope of the stress/strain curve in the elastic region (non-permanent deformation) is different for different metals, and different grades of the same metal. Whatever you chose, great work.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default REFLEX Springs

Weekend past had the REFLEX springs in a TC6 at out local track TFTR. Absolutely brilliant. Planted and predictable.
I'd have to say the car driven by Nigel looked as being the most stable car in the class being run. Driver was very happy indeed.
Well done REFLEX on a great product.

Cheers

Ren
Old 06-17-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Where can I buy the pistons, springs and bulkhead clamps?? Just picked up a tc6 and looking for more tuning options.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can get everything right here.

http://www.reflexracing.net/products.asp?cat=59
Old 06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

After installing my new Reflex TC6 shock pistons and springs and running 1 full day I can say this is a well worth while upgrade and improvement to the TC6. Thank you Cristian for taking the time to research and find a great combination and the correct materials and sizes to help improve the TC6...great job. I was running the Losi #57 pistons and they seemed to bind just a bit, especially near full extension. That is now gone, they are smooth and free and very predictable, just what you want in quality shocks.

Excellent job, and thanks again!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Verndog! It means a lot. We have had different people tell us which parts they like the most. The pistons are definitely a popular one! I have been starting to play with them in my AE B4.1.

Keep the feedback coming folks! If you guys have suggestions, questions, comments and or requests please let us know!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Cristian,

Do your springs and pistons work with the HPI TC shocks? Can't remember how close AE and Hpi shocks are to each other.

thanks,
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.