Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ed517
you better hurry Clint, falln behind the curve....
He's always behind
Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ed517
you better hurry Clint, falln behind the curve....
No need to hurry. Everything you're learning is carpet only. Nothing will apply to asphalt.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

I'm in the market for a new chassis and I got my eye on the tc6. I have other AE vehicles, my question is does the tc6 have the standard American screws or did they switch to metric.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Everything is metric now.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TC6

What a fantastic car, so much better than TC5 to drive.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Handbrake
I have finally finished my TC6. Nothing left to do but get rid of the 200mm sensor wire and get a 50mm from TQ. Then race!
I noticed that you are using the Velcro strap same as what I did on my TC6. With the standard battery stop did you notice that the battery could still twist round into the belt. This happened on mine and I added a bit of carbon fibre which has stopped it.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

What are the quirks on the tc6. I know almost every model has it's bad sides. What issues should I be aware of, or is the car drivable out of the box with no problems.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
What are the quirks on the tc6. I know almost every model has it's bad sides. What issues should I be aware of, or is the car drivable out of the box with no problems.
The manual is a hosed trash of incorrect/incomplete part numbers and mis-identified hardware (can't believe that it's not been edited and corrected yet, at least the online downloadable version, as it was identified early on) and some of the tech section charts at the end have incorrect setting information, too. Early (first run?) kits were sometimes incomplete. Some aluminum parts had issues with holes too big or not threaded or threaded incorrectly. AE wants the bad parts back before sending out replacements.

Hopefully that will all be fixed with the next run.

Also, the turnbuckles for the steering and camber links only allow the longest settings. The stock 87 spur and current motor mount only allows a very narrow range of gear selection, mostly targeted to boosted ESC set ups. Have to replace the spur to something smaller to run Sportsman/Spec (current issue I'm facing ). AE TC6 slotted spur gears aren't available yet, but supposedly Xenon and Hot Bodies rebranded Xenon spurs will work (the white spurs with the window cut outs that can be seen in the early developmental spy photos!) and the catalog Kimbrough are said to work if you use the optional 3rd motor mounting hole (giving a 90 degree mounting). It's also reported that enlarging a hole in a Kimbrough spur works if you want to keep the 180 degree motor mounting. Some have said that the Xray spurs, with their larger holes, will work, too. No purpose built factory velcro strap (the TOP parts works great at under $5 and keeps the battery as low and secure as strapping tape). Stiction in the new shocks has been reported, too, but that may be a "break it in with some runs" issue more than anything else.

All reports, though, are that the car is HOOKED UP out of the box, especially with the team set ups on them. Looks like AE properly applied the lessons learned re:Lipo and Brushless from all the modding of the TC5. Interestingly enough, the ones that seem to be working best use a competators or modified AE shock pistons, and shock oil in grades that aren't offered by AE.

If nothing else, racers are both CRAZY superstitious and experimental! Just a matter of time before someone attacks one with a Dremel!

Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-05-2011 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add info about the spur gears
Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
The manual is a hosed trash of incorrect/incomplete part numbers and mis-identified hardware (can't believe that it's not been edited and corrected yet, at least the online downloadable version, as it was identified early on) and some of the tech section charts at the end have incorrect setting information, too. Early (first run?) kits were sometimes incomplete. Some aluminum parts had issues with holes too big or not threaded or threaded incorrectly. AE wants the bad parts back before sending out replacements.

Also, the turnbuckles for the steering and camber links only allow the longest settings. The stock 87 spur and current motor mount only allows a very narrow range of gear selection, mostly targeted to boosted ESC set ups. Have to replace the spur to something smaller to run Sportsman/Spec (current issue I'm facing ). AE TC6 slotted spur gears aren't available yet, but supposedly Xenon and Hot Bodies rebranded Xenon spurs will work (the white spurs with the window cut outs that can be seen in the early developmental spy photos!) and the catalog Kimbrough are said to work if you use the optional 3rd motor mounting hole (giving a 90 degree mounting). It's also reported that enlarging a hole in a Kimbrough spur works if you want to keep the 180 degree motor mounting. Some have said that the Xray spurs, with their larger holes, will work, too. No purpose built factory velcro strap (the TOP parts works great at under $5 and keeps the battery as low and secure as strapping tape). Stiction in the new shocks has been reported, too, but that may be a "break it in with some runs" issue more than anything else.

All reports, though, are that the car is HOOKED UP out of the box, especially with the team set ups on them. Looks like AE properly applied the lessons learned re:Lipo and Brushless from all the modding of the TC5. Interestingly enough, the ones that seem to be working best use a competators or modified AE shock pistons, and shock oil in grades that aren't offered by AE.

If nothing else, racers are both CRAZY superstitious and experimental! Just a matter of time before someone attacks one with a Dremel!
good summary, perhaps one thing to notice when useing the ball diff:
be aware of the ball-diff screw!
the nut must be pushed in the plastik all the way down
so that the length of the screw reaches the nut.
perhaps this belongs to the manual.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

All Oil is AE oil that is offered by them. Also the pistons are a part offered by AE, They are just blank so that than can be drilled to what you want.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walterhenderson
All Oil is AE oil that is offered by them. Also the pistons are a part offered by AE, They are just blank so that than can be drilled to what you want.
OK, hadn't see that on the oil, since nothing around me carries AE oil in anything but full values, only the Losi. Learn something every day!

Yes, the blanks work if you want to drill them (and I DID mention them!), but many have been reporting that the Losi part is the hot ticket, too, with the same damping area in the piston holes. I'm wondering since the 1/1/1.5 works so well, will it become a standard offering? Or at least alter design thinking developmental testing? The TC6 is brand new, so that's a whole other generation away, though.

I'm sure by the time we get a properly edited manual and the version 1.1 kits, all will be solved! Until then, none of the problems are really much more than an inconvienence, and probably impact new or first time RC car owners/new converts to AE more than anyone else.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Aint that the freekin truth!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My car came with two top bumper braces ad no bottom ones and not enough washers to make a differential.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Where can I find this car ? All shop are out of stock
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info... I'm surprised that this kit has so many issues. All my AE vehicles went together quite smooth (t4:b4:tc3/tc3) maybe it's the touring car that only had problems. Maybe I should wait awhile until all the bugs are fixed. Anyway I'm really excited to build one and add it to my fleet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.