Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awins
just ran the v10 at brendale here in brisbane australia where the 2006 worlds were and car was great straight out of the box just a few changes and it was great good steering and a well balanced car from the start well inpressed good job shepherd car can only get better thank,s tony
Good to hear awins!
Will be considering a v10 in the new year to take over from my mtx4s!
Not too keen on the aussie price tag at the moment though!
I'll be waiting for the dust to settle i think!
Does trackside have a good stock of spares yet?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

yes jeff at trackside has a good range of spares for the v10 and also the audi a5 bodys thank,s tony
Old 12-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good to hear you are liking the car Tony. Might have t oget one soon to.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

First Race with V10, in Mesero track, third position.
Nice Car, nice Idm engine, nice Capricorn Fuel, i'm very happy!

I improved my times, and my laps, the car is simply fantastic
Old 12-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Improved your time, What car were you running prior to the v10?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Before raced with NT1, but for me the V10 it' s better.
Ciao William.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply! Why do u think the v10 is better? What does it do better than your nt1? I'm thinking of moving to velox also, I ran a nt1 for a year, moved to kyosho for the last 1.5yrs, I think the nt is great, but I do think the rrr does a thing or 2 better, I kno some cars have a much bigger sweet spot than others, so for some the setup has to b dead on to achieve the full potential, so I ask again what was different from nt and v10?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

V 10 is a refined NT1 yeah?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Nah not at all, refinement would b, Nt1 is a refined Mugen! Velox looks like nothing else to me. Want to try for the ease of wrenching, Xray didn't even make the Nt1 any easier to work on than a rrr or a mtx, 1 reason why I don't respect it, it's a cute mtx or kcar, but it is good, and it should b cause the cars he based it off of were good, gotta respect velox and team magic for breaking the pattern ;-) good job!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey

I didn't drive my car yet but I simply love it from the maintenance point of view Before I had a Serpent 720 (nice car for it's era) but if I had to change the rear belt oh lord pleas no no no. And with V10
Old 12-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I took a peak in here for the first time to today and the car certainly looks interesting. Based on the Web site info, the obvious differentiating performance items are:
  • Direct-V-Brake System (DVB System)
  • Velox Revolutionary Shock System' (VRS System)
  • Velox Competition Clutch
The other listed features seem to primarily be for ease of adjustment and maintenance. Other than items being light-weight, are there any other specific performance features that I missed?

So for those of you that have driven this car and are faster – why do you think you're faster? Anyone slower at the moment? How about the same?

Coupe, what do you mean in this post when you say, "With the upper rear arms the car feels a little tighter, so the changements to the setup is more effective and it i´s not getting too soft if the temperature is getting higher and higher." Can you clarify this a little more? Do you mean when the track temperature gets higher? This post: http://www.rctech.net/forum/6165669-post222.html Also, how does the "Extra stability by rear upper wishbones" work? Thanks!

Josh/Jilles - How do the shocks compare to other cars? How is the dampening different on the track? How would you describe the differences in the clutch? Thanks!

Too bad we can't get impressions about this car from Mr. Hudy!

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 12-14-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

A few questions to TEAM-SHEPHERD.

I understand that most of the hobby shops are selling the "first batch" of kits.

What has been done to address these issues:

1. Radio plate mount not aligned and "bad" - You mentioned on your website that a "revised" radio plate has been released? Is this included in my kit if I buy today?
2. Front belt tensioner excenter binding with wishbone - do I still have to cut it, or is a revised part now included in the kit?
3. Issues with pulleys (see previous post by someone not being centered) - have these been updated?
4. Servo saver spring not stong enough - is a stronger/longer one now included in the kit?

I am deciding whether to wait a few months until some "fresh" batches of kits are released which would address the 4 points, or whether Team Sheperd have already addressed and replaced the parts already in the current kits at hobby shops?

My question is simple: If I order a V10 today, have the parts above been replaced already in the kit???

Thanks,

Michael.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

+1 What u ^ just said is the best post on this forum!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

+1 What u ^ just said is the best post on this forum!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I went through the instructions today and the build looks pretty straightforward. I would recommend the following considerations for the new racer:
  1. Diff mounting belt tension. Explain why you make the belt tight or lose and what the initial setting should be.
  2. For the 2-speed gear box step, specify the minimal gap distance for the clutch shoe clearance and showing how to measure it. To the new racer, what does "minimal" mean?
  3. For the basic 2-speed adjustment screws, it would be helpful to be state that both sides should be even. For the new racer, what is the best way to do this?
  4. Rear lower wishbone step, turnbuckles – Would explaining which way to screw on the balljoints be helpful? Is there a reverse groove indicator?
  5. Wishbone front step – It would be helpful to explain how to properly join the anti-roll bar sections. Should it be a tight fit? Loose fit?
  6. Upright & wishbone upper rear step, turnbuckles - reverse?
  7. Turnbuckles for steering – reverse?
  8. Explain the Ackermann positions.
  9. Bumper and fuel tank step, how tight should the side belt be?
  10. VCC clutchsystem step – What do I use to “clean up” the edges of the clutch shoes? Sand paper or file? What sandpaper grit? Does it matter?
  11. VCC clutchsystem – How do I measure the endplay adjustment if I can’t see it? Where do I put additional washers if the gap is too big?
  12. Is there an initial position setting (i.e. distance) for the shock preload adjustment nuts? (Noticed Tech Note #1 after, but it doesn’t say to turn the preload adjustment nut)
  13. I did not see a section on how to align the 2-speed and clutch gears when mounting the engine. Are you assuming the racer knows how to do this or does it automatically line up for all engines?
  14. It would be helpful to explain the initial throttle and brake linkage positions/adjustment.
  15. It would be helpful to explain how to adjust the clutch and 2-speed once you get out on the track.
I hope this was helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.