Search
Like Tree2Likes

AB Mods Racing Engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default AB Mods Racing Engines

Well I am finally putting up a thread about my company. Im usually pretty quite and set back but I think its time for a thread for those that may not know about AB Mods. This thread is also for those of you that already have my modified mills as I have done A LOT of engines all over the world over the years and quit a bit for members of this forum alone. I modify engines for Racers AND Bashers, On Road and Off Road. Also over the past year or so I have got into the world of ISC World Speed Challenge Racing and have had GREAT success and A LOT of fun in the process! My Team Driver Gary O'Conner has taken the win at the past 2 ISC Events using my modified engines and I couldnt be more happy about that.

So feel free to come on in and discuss anything you wish about my engines and all engines in general and I will do my best to help you out as always.

I think this will be a good place to come and gather to discuss all the information instead of it being spread all around the forum and hard to find. So feel free to check out my website and look around. I have some dyno sheets up on the site so you can all see some before and after dyno data from my engines as well as my Estore and Media/Magazine coverage that I have got in the past few years. I look forward to your posts and as I always say... Lets get the ball rolling!!

www.ABMods.com
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

I have always been more than happy with your engines Adam, used them for bashing and for top speed runs, and i had a LOT of top speed gain once you modified them, thx !

And i do plan to have another nitro engine from you for the next ISC challenge.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Ive ran adams engines for years. Im local to him and one of his friends. Ive seen him dyno engines with my own eyes before and after. Great guy, excellet customer support. He really knows his way around these engines.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

AB Mods does all of Z-CarUSA's modding work.
Every engine he has done for us has been excellent.
Great guy and great work.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Engines

What type of mill do you do on a OS worlds II engines and what type of performace improvments have you seen along with fuel consumption. You've modded my .26 red dot for my revo it screamed and actually smacked MOST 28s on the track power was sick.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
What type of mill do you do on a OS worlds II engines and what type of performace improvments have you seen along with fuel consumption. You've modded my .26 red dot for my revo it screamed and actually smacked MOST 28s on the track power was sick.
If you are heat racing with the engine i always suggest the Race Modification. Just get with me and LMK what your wanting out of the engine and i can tailor it to fit your needs.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Adam,

A few months ago I bought your used Ninja JX. I couldn't be more pleased !!!! I have since put about 4 more gallons on this motor. Since running this modded JX over my stock one, I have been TQ twice in our Colorado state nitro points series, I won the Colorado State open truggy Championship race, and this weekend, completed and Won the Colorado state nitro points series, as well as a Fusion Motorsports motor sponsorship. Looks like I will be soon retiring my ninjas and O.S. motors for Nova's.

I do have to note, most people in Colorado run the V-spec or ninja, more ninjas as of right now. But many often comment on how powerful my AB modded JX motor is over theirs. Job well done
Old 09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My AB Modded 2009 SH Pro Ceramic piston .21 on 20% nitro was blasting by other buggys running on 30% with engines costing almost twice as much!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Unsober1

I do have to note, most people in Colorado run the V-spec or ninja, more ninjas as of right now. But many often comment on how powerful my AB modded JX motor is over theirs. Job well done
I have just ordered one of Adams modded ninjas, so the above is music to my ears.
I must say Adam is very helpful and seems to be very customer focused.

Last edited by NZ_Basher; 09-13-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Adam,

A few months ago I bought your used Ninja JX. I couldn't be more pleased !!!! I have since put about 4 more gallons on this motor. Since running this modded JX over my stock one, I have been TQ twice in our Colorado state nitro points series, I won the Colorado State open truggy Championship race, and this weekend, completed and Won the Colorado state nitro points series, as well as a Fusion Motorsports motor sponsorship. Looks like I will be soon retiring my ninjas and O.S. motors for Nova's.

I couldn't be more pleased to hear this! Congrats to you my friend and well deserved!!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MadRussian
My AB Modded 2009 SH Pro Ceramic piston .21 on 20% nitro was blasting by other buggys running on 30% with engines costing almost twice as much!
Paul that's how its done bro. Just goes to show you don't have to have a 500$ engine to win and be competitive out there!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NZ_Basher
I have just ordered one of Adams modded ninjas, so the above is music to my ears.
I must say Adam is very helpful and seems to be very customer focused.
The kind words are much appreciated NZ.

Rest assure you wont be disappointed as you are getting the same engine and modification Unsober1 has. My Modified JX .21s have proven themselves time and time again out on the track.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Adam,

Wow, congratulations man.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, Gary O here...I'm new to this board but not to rc (20+ years) About two years ago I got into speed running and I was instantly hooked. It's like 'salt fever' without the salt. We work on our cars all year for those few runs down our Bonneville Salt Flats...this year, Fontana Dragway.

I had been running two cars, a four engine Open Class streamliner and a small block NTC3. The four engine car ran Picco P9r's but my NTC3 was running an old Sirio .12. I knew I needed more power and ABMods was recommended. I discussed my issues with Adam and he recommended that I change over to a JLR.12, modded by him. I put the engine in the car and the difference was noticeable. At the speed meet at Rockingham I was put in the same class as the Schumaker big block car(,28, more than double my displacement) At the end of the day I had won the class and established the record by .05mph!!!!! (78.69 vs. 78.65) I can't post pics yet but will when I can.

This year we will be returning to the speed meet with new cars and engines. The small block car is now wrapped in a Corvette body and powered by an ABModded OS 18, 50% more displacement and some gearing work to let it breathe....I'm thinking 90-ish. The open car is a twin engine (ABModded Picco P9R's) streamliner which is geared for 125mph. After discussing a 'wall' the car couldn't get through with Adam, I lengthened the pipes and it was a screamer! It was at about 90 on my test site and was really pulling hard. I'm optimistic that the current unofficial mark of 103 is toast.

I also ran a velodrome event posting a small block record of 56.76 mph...there's more there with some chassis work but it's still a record

I'll keep y'all posted on the November meet!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys !!!!

Adam, I look forward to hearing / working with you next season for my modification needs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.