Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$900 kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw the price and assumed it included the engine.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
the Kyosho costs a little more because it's expensive to make... by the way, it has the smallest profit margin in the industry
That's why shops don't carry it. A kyosho is no more expensive to make than a Mugen which is just as capable (also sold out of Japan), high quality and long lasting. They are readily available for under $500.

Who's profit are you refering to? The shop or Kyosho's?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
That's why shops don't carry it. A kyosho is no more expensive to make than a Mugen which is just as capable (also sold out of Japan), high quality and long lasting. They are readily available for under $500.

Who's profit are you refering to? The shop or Kyosho's?
yea, the kyosho is high quality, long lasting, and World Champion too.

Kyosho's margin is small, it's an economic fact of life for a product in the upper range of a market ...
Old 11-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Lord

yea, the kyosho is high quality, long lasting, and World Champion too.

Kyosho's margin is small, it's an economic fact of life for a product in the upper range of a market ...
Kyosho has been world champ most of the times the race has been held (congratulations by the way) but that's down to the driver (again, congratulations). I'd be willing to bet that Kyosho's margin is at least as high as their competitors. If they want sales success in this market they will need to sacrifice some of it and pass it on to the dealers that they hope will sell their product. It's a silly prospect for a brick and mortar store to stock any race level kit right now but least of all a $900 kit that will be obsoleted in 9 months from release date.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
Kyosho has been world champ most of the times the race has been held (congratulations by the way) but that's down to the driver (again, congratulations). I'd be willing to bet that Kyosho's margin is at least as high as their competitors. If they want sales success in this market they will need to sacrifice some of it and pass it on to the dealers that they hope will sell their product. It's a silly prospect for a brick and mortar store to stock any race level kit right now but least of all a $900 kit that will be obsoleted in 9 months from release date.
sorry, but your claim about the mbx6 costing as much as the mp9 to make is wrong... the MP9 has A LOT MORE machined parts and the whole thing is manufactured and assembled in Japan...

the car is two years old and just won the world championship, what are you taking about obsolete in 9 months? come on man, tell me something real

I love it how the competitor fan boys come in this thread to try and pounce with the flaming, it's funny
Old 11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I love it how the competitor fan boys come in this thread to try and pounce with the flaming, it's funny
+1.

They are the guys who buy the cheapest kit. Race it then spend twice as much on after market option parts when their cheap inferior ride fails at a critical moment.

I was lucky enough to have a well used MP9 lent to me to race. I rebuilt the car, didn't put any new parts on just used what was there. Come race day 2-3 seconds a lap faster...

Anyway, let them bag it... They are the guys leaning against the fence watching the A main when their cheap crap fails.... again....
Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

sorry, but your claim about the mbx6 costing as much as the mp9 to make is wrong... the MP9 has A LOT MORE machined parts and the whole thing is manufactured and assembled in Japan...

What machined parts? Shock towers? CF as a raw material is more expensive than machined aluminum. We're probably stepping out of our knowledge bounds here, I don't know what Mugen CF or Kyosho aluminum costs, neither do you.

You have no idea what Kyosho's margin is so please don't use the word "fact", you don't know- that is a fact. Besides, all of Kyosho's competition is contradicting your "fact". If K car retails @$900 on a short margin, all of their competition @$4-600 become mathmetically impossible yet there they are.

the car is two years old and just won the world championship, what are you taking about obsolete in 9 months? come on man, tell me something real.

Like what, You're claiming that the MP9 is the same car desptite the last few updates? Your sponsor probably won't like that. How many stores stock the K-car on the shelf? It won't take you very long to count. Like I said on another thread, Kyosho wins the worlds, everyone continues to buy something else.

I'm not a competitor fanboy, in fact (there's that word again) I don't see Kyosho's car as a competitor at the price they try to sell it at. They are not even participating in the market. Stick to tuning engines and passing out Cody's setup Pop.
Um, yeah..
Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

yeah exactly,most people who bad mouth this kit are complete morons and don't have the money to buy it,i'm not rich but if something is the highest quality and already has the upgrades on it i'll buy it because you never have to upgrade it or worry about parts failing in a race.There is nothing worse than having a part failure in a race.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

and if people also didn't know kyosho has the highest quality plastics in the rc industry.I will be buying the 900$ kyosho shortly because it is the best buggy on the market hands down.And with the mp777's or the mp9's at the track you rarely see them replacing parts to tighten up their ride or replace broken parts because they have the "best" plastics ever.On losi,ofna,jammin,and lower kyosho's made in china you need to constantly replace worn out parts during the season to tighten up your ride or to replace parts.I run losi but mine is now upgraded to where it can finish races successfully and do that more often.It is well worth it to buy the mp9,any version is awesome
Old 11-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by too twisted
Anyway, let them bag it... They are the guys leaning against the fence watching the A main when their cheap crap fails.... again....
I have not been beaten by a Kyosho car in 3 years because that was the last time I actually ran against one.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
.... Like the other guy said its hard to see this as a hobby because to get a decent vehicle its 2000 dollars.
I know guys that have $40k hot rods. It's all relative to the type of hobby.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

its funny how Kyosho fans have spoken again.. when just 2 years ago it was beaten by the cheapest car ever....

the car does not win races.. the driver does... Kyosho broke as much parts as any other brand out there at the worlds.. even a bent chassis after Tebo got it wrong off of a jump.... they did not have anybody proper to represent them last worlds.. so they invested in Tebo.. and Cody King won...

its all about driver... any car that was in the final is capable... any engine that was in the final was capable.... any driver in the final was capable... if they can stay focus and consistent for 1 hr on arguably 1 of the toughest track for man and machine ever...

all this back and forth about who is the best and who has a good marketing plan... it does not matter.. what matters is what you are comfortable driving and what you can afford....

the most expensive car does not always win... and the most economical is not always the best...

the best driver of that day wins...

Old 11-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kman16jr
yeah exactly,most people who bad mouth this kit are complete morons and don't have the money to buy it,i'm not rich but if something is the highest quality and already has the upgrades on it i'll buy it because you never have to upgrade it or worry about parts failing in a race.There is nothing worse than having a part failure in a race.
i know thats right!!!!

or you could get a D8....is just as good
Old 11-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
I am willing to bad mouth it. Have owned one. Raced it for a time, and still have one sitting on the bench unused with untold $$$ in spares. Which is what a real moron does.

Have to back up Davidka here. Maybe in other parts of the US or the world the kyosho does well. But from our area the mp9 as a viable racing platform is dead. No one races them here apart from a couple sponsored guys. I am the only fool to race one out of pocket.

But maybe poor kit sales are not a problem? I am willing to speculate kyosho actually loses money On the mp9. To them 1/8 racing is more a prestige thing for the company.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Suspended

the car is two years old and just won the world championship, what are you taking about obsolete in 9 months? come on man, tell me something real

thats what hey do, even in ref to other topics, then when we post in their threads they call in the mods, lol!!! bang for the buck....i tell ya smh

ur sig is right on point pitpop....ive asked myself that ? several times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.