Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey I just saw some photos from an hpi challenge and this was haras car.

The cyclone looks pretty nice.

Here is a video of it:
http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...hara_amain.asx

Last edited by Artificial-I; 07-26-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

gtc69 : so did you find out why your car is pulling to the right ??

Does anyone ever think about the phsycology aspect of racing ? really do think to do well the state of mind you are in must be right..? Does anyone get kinda disinterested after a while, ive been racing almost non stop every weekend this season and am finding my concentration levels are dropping mid week and need to get back in the zone quick, any tips on how do this ?

Had a week off but still feel shattered and not quite there in my mind if you get me.

Any tips
Old 07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Confidence.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Just came back from a Tuesday Night Weekly Race. Finished 5th out of 9 (top 4 drivers were very good).

I have the same problem every week though...that is, breaking front bevel gears. I seem to break one every single week. I don't want to pay 4.00 each week for a set.

Anyone else having problems with the front updated bevel gears? The diff gears are fine, just that when the bevel gear is messed up it tends to mess up the diff gears as well.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Artificia-I - the HPI Japan video links don't work when you just copy the link - the file extension changes to .asx for some reason, here's the link that works: http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...hara_amain.wmv
Old 07-27-2005, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
Want a fully optioned one? with the carbon fiber tub and full-length thick upper deck? Make me an offer
$100
Old 07-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMOisCOOL
Just came back from a Tuesday Night Weekly Race. Finished 5th out of 9 (top 4 drivers were very good).

I have the same problem every week though...that is, breaking front bevel gears. I seem to break one every single week. I don't want to pay 4.00 each week for a set.

Anyone else having problems with the front updated bevel gears? The diff gears are fine, just that when the bevel gear is messed up it tends to mess up the diff gears as well.

Yea mate I have the same BS everytime even if I drive really well and hardly hit anything it's been said to me that the TC3 bevel gears are stronger so ive ordered some of them to try out and also ive been told a standard diff is better too no oneways and no spools for the Pro4
Old 07-27-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea i used to have the same problem, usually when i rean open mod with a spool or oneway, it could be that you need to shim the diff a little tighter but i found that the TC3 gear is stronger. There are a couple of different gears so make sure u get the right one but i have had the same one in there for more than a month now.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

$100
OK, that's one offer...
Old 07-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone know the part number for the front and rear alloy bevel gears from the 2005 model im thinking about getting them

never mind I finally found them pitty its only the 16 tooth gear I thought it was both that were alloy

• 31422 Aluminum 16T one-piece bevel gear (front)
• 31423 Aluminum 16T one-piece bevel gear (rear)
Old 07-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Hey I just saw some photos from an hpi challenge and this was haras car.

The cyclone looks pretty nice.

Here is a video of it:
http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...hara_amain.asx
That's Surikarn's car. He ran stock (23T) with us and also mod. Take note of the HPI R2/Katana based motor on the car. And yes, Surikarn was using a Helios then. Anyway, the cyclone will be all black without the purple bits
Old 07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
OK, that's one offer...
$105.36

got pics?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been running a V1.1 Pro 4 for about a month now and I really like it. It is pretty much box stock except for the setup. I will mostly be running on carpet either stock or 19t. What are some upgrades I should get for it? I ordered a diff for the front and I am getting Delrin outrdives all around. I've been reading on here alot of guys talking about input shafts or something with an integrated spur gear vs. the bevel gears. What is that about? What is better for stock? I was also thinking about getting the Carbon driveshaft? Is that worth it? I've noticed there are alot of aluminum option parts I can get, which do you recommend to get?

Brayden
Old 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

I do....

I ran outdoor MOD.....everytime when I am turning hard, everyone can hear my car doing the "stripping gear" noise from my car........but the car ran fine on the straight or anywhere that does not have lateral force applied...only on TURNS...

Opened up the case....both front and rear does looks FINE...however, I think, the tip of the bevel pinion gear (the small one, not the diff one) are stripped like the top 10%....I have replaced the 2nd set in a roll in 2 weeks.......I shimmed mroe then what manuel told me to cause there are extra play that I have fill............but still, that stripping gear noise happened this week.

My last option.....I think the upper/lower diff case that need to replace as well, espeically the area at the bearing/shim/pinion bevel gear spot...that area might be off/stripped that I cannot be tell with my bare eye.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I will try out the TC3 gears next week. I assume it's a direct bolt on?

Also is it worth it to run those aluminum bevel gears? Or will they just bend? I'd rather break a gear than to bend some expensive aluminum one.

Rookie Solara: Yeah I have that same feeling. I'm running my car and I didn't even notice that the gear broke. Just when I turned into the apex near the driver's stand I heard the gears. It's didn't really affect my handling but it sucked out some battery life.

Ramon: Not fair, you had a decked out BLUE Pro 4 before . $110.00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.