Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I won't argue the quality on the castle stuff. I have a few of their products and I'm very pleased with them. I have to submit that the new Tekin speedo that was specifically designed for 1/8th applications will be the unit to have.
Just my $0.02.
LRP, Orion and all the usuals are coming out with 1/8th controllers as well. The technology has a long way to go before the statement "the unit to have" has any relevance. Each product/designer will have strengths and weakness - it is best we remain open minded and learn as much as possible. -
Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Unfortunately it is an expensive class to explore...foams are getting cheaper and we can use the last year model used chassis to start. But popping speedo, motor and lipo (if accident happen) will get very expensive..

But please don't let these factor slow you guys down...1/8th MUST GO ELECTRIC and run at least 20 minutes per batteries pack. (in my opinion...)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
Unfortunately it is an expensive class to explore...foams are getting cheaper and we can use the last year model used chassis to start. But popping speedo, motor and lipo (if accident happen) will get very expensive..

But please don't let these factor slow you guys down...1/8th MUST GO ELECTRIC and run at least 20 minutes per batteries pack. (in my opinion...)
We are happy to make sure our combo's will stay together. That is the approach we had with the e1/8th off road. Our stuff is damn tough - no failures and tested like mad. Anyone who has been around us much knows we like to win - failure, well, isn't accepted to well in our camp. That is a massive understatement!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Got to keep the Timezone Racing E-MRX3 on the post also guys..... we have made huge progress and will have the RX-8 along with the Neu and speed pasion soltuions back on the track at end of week, and the Eagle tree system is ready to install.

Our conversion is a layshaft, and radio tray conversion. along with planned use of a prototype 4s 7000mh packs coming soon. It's great to have some folks taking the designs into thier own hands and will be curious to see the outcome.

we also do not accept failure, and have our two test facilites where we are spending hours working towards the goal.....
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MAD916
Got to keep the Timezone Racing E-MRX3 on the post also guys..... we have made huge progress and will have the RX-8 along with the Neu and speed pasion soltuions back on the track at end of week, and the Eagle tree system is ready to install.

Our conversion is a layshaft, and radio tray conversion. along with planned use of a prototype 4s 7000mh packs coming soon. It's great to have some folks taking the designs into thier own hands and will be curious to see the outcome.

we also do not accept failure, and have our two test facilites where we are spending hours working towards the goal.....
Nope...you were not forgotten, please keep posting pictures and video about your design/program, along with the west coast Empire gang, then the YoDog version...and the rest of the eM3, or Mugen, or Serpent.....etc. Pretty soon, I am sure I will lost track of whos what and whats who...and what... (see I am confused already...LOL)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I got to see this car in motion today and with the smallest pinion on it .. it looked like fun on our 100 foot straight. a few guys commented to me how they could get into that (love the not the nitro car deal). granted the track was a bit small for it but still it was enough to impress . Seems to me all we need is a few more of them and then we can race!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
LRP, Orion and all the usuals are coming out with 1/8th controllers as well. The technology has a long way to go before the statement "the unit to have" has any relevance. Each product/designer will have strengths and weakness - it is best we remain open minded and learn as much as possible. -
Looks like the motor is what you need to have in Brushless doesn't it...
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Well I got to see this car in motion today and with the smallest pinion on it .. it looked like fun on our 100 foot straight. a few guys commented to me how they could get into that (love the not the nitro car deal). granted the track was a bit small for it but still it was enough to impress . Seems to me all we need is a few more of them and then we can race!
Whos car are you referring..?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
Whos car are you referring..?
The car Rick Davis is tweaking with all the Empire gadgets on it.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys, the E'volva chassis is almost done!

I'll be finishing the bottom side on Monday and then it's off for anodizing.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-iphone-179.jpg  
Old 05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey guys, the E'volva chassis is almost done!

I'll be finishing the bottom side on Monday and then it's off for anodizing.
SWEET!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Whoa, chill out. Just comparing nitro vs nitro. You cant run rubber tires on true 1/8 onroad cars (MRX4, M3, 960, etc...), foam only. I also never said silicone filled center diffs. True 1/8 onroad cars don't have diffs at all.
I must apologize for coming off so abrasive. Never was I seeking your approval either. A real 1/8th scale remote control car is exactly that--1/8th the size of a real one. I would love to meet your "real" 1/8th electric deal-i-o. My Dm-1 will absolutely shame you and your, what I suspect, low budget conversion. I can rest assured that I have been switching to nitro to electric as long as you have been chewing on crayons. How'd thet be? Worm.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone!
I also wanted a 1/8 track brushless racer so i decided to build it myself.
It was pretty easy after all with some help from some friends.
Spec:
Kyosho evolva 05
Desirepower lipo´s 2*3s
Neu/mamba 2200kv motor.
Mamba monster max.
The battery holder is made out of carbon that a friend has laminated.
I have build this car for tracks and not for top speed but it went pretty fast anyway.
I think 1/8 track bl is the baddest car i ever drove, this is a sick monster.
//Tomas
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBKtGA8NBM

Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dangerwr
I must apologize for coming off so abrasive. Never was I seeking your approval either. A real 1/8th scale remote control car is exactly that--1/8th the size of a real one. I would love to meet your "real" 1/8th electric deal-i-o. My Dm-1 will absolutely shame you and your, what I suspect, low budget conversion. I can rest assured that I have been switching to nitro to electric as long as you have been chewing on crayons. How'd thet be? Worm.
As far as speed goes you may be right but I highly doubt that your "buggy conversion" could hold a candle to a PROPER 1/8th car.
And for the size of it you may want to check out the actual size of said car . Lola's are quite small in comparison to a rally car or sedan.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ok guys,
this thread was not meant to create a debate over what qualifies as an 1/8 on road car. Those in the know will always prevail on the track. At this point, there's no point is a pissing match when we are so lucky to have the few of us that love larger scale on road racing. (Meaning not 1/10th or 1/12th that dominate the market). Let's all be thankful that we have each other to bounce ideas off of and enjoy the passion that we have for this hobby.
I just hope that someday, hopefully soon, we will have the opportunity to talk smack and rib each other as to who has the best car on the track. But till then, lets agree to keep things positive so that we can see a plethora of ideas and conversions to be shared a discussed on this thread.

Agreed?

P.S. I think my car will smoke them all or at least SMOKE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.