Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 07:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Fred has puteth his size seventeen foot down...Countersinking the upper deck in GT1 is legal. End of story.
I'll take your word for it Rod, I'll be picking up the flathead screws
Old 09-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Fred has puteth his size seventeen foot down...Countersinking the upper deck in GT1 is legal. End of story.
does that include all of the car types in GT1? just want to make sure before i fire up the press.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Attching Photos

hi! How do I attach some jpeg files here? They say the file is too big. If anyone can help....

Thanks,

gerrych
Old 09-14-2003, 08:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Attching Photos

Originally posted by gerrych
hi! How do I attach some jpeg files here? They say the file is too big. If anyone can help....

Thanks,

gerrych
If the file is too big, than you need a server to upload it to and link to it.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Attching Photos

Originally posted by gerrych

Thanks,

gerrych
OR you can resize them down a little in your photo editing program on your computer
Old 09-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone run their Evo 3 on carpet with foams? I am running the Surikarn with the 3mm chassis and 2 upper decks that are stacked up on each other. ANY ideas would be a great help. Thanks.

-Sushi Boy
Old 09-14-2003, 10:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Sushi Boy
Anyone run their Evo 3 on carpet with foams? I am running the Surikarn with the 3mm chassis and 2 upper decks that are stacked up on each other. ANY ideas would be a great help. Thanks.

-Sushi Boy
I dont run on carpet, but I do run on high traction asphault. Do you notice any difference in flex between 1 and 2 upper decks? It has a really thick chassis, and my Surikarn doesn't flex much.

To help make it even stiffer, you could always get the Square upper deck posts...
Old 09-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, I did notice a difference. The car doesn't feel flat or lazy during midcorner. I was thinking abotu the square stuff, but my car is already kinda hefty...

-Sushi Boy
Old 09-15-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

More wire, more resistance... It does not lower resistance at all.

what you did was creating a parallel circuit, I don't see how it is giving you more punch, but I do see that it is a "safer" connection, if one of your wire comes off + or - end, it will still be functional.

lol.that is totally wrong.this is basic physics that thicker or more wires means less resistance.
if that was true then y dont we use servo leads on the motor?
i dont see how you come to this conclusion.
so anyone else who actully done this seen a difference?
Old 09-15-2003, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

I'm pretty sure thicker wire (ie. heavier gauge) will carry more current.

The reason you will not see servo wires use for batteries is that they cannot carry the current that is drawn from these batteries. The servo wire will literally burn and melt if 30A is drawn from it by the motor.

Wire length is what increases resistance but only if you are comparing against same gauge wire.

ie. 1 cm of 12 gauge wire will have less total resistance than 10cm of 12 gauge wire assuming a series circuit.

Hence the reason why most pro's tend to use as short a wire as possible.

However if you are connecting wires in parallel which is what I think trf racer is suggesting, you can simulate a thicker gauge wire. Thus the resistance is reduced.

If you were to connect them in series, it would increase the resistance of the circuit.

Having said that there is also a weight aspect that may negate any benefits gained by adding more wires in parallel, not to mention it can make the wiring look like a mess.

Do a search on google for an explanation of parallel circuits and its effect on resistance for a better explanation

Last edited by itchynads; 09-15-2003 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by MDawson
does that include all of the car types in GT1? just want to make sure before i fire up the press.
Yeah I'm 99.9% sure that it's legal. Go ahead and fire up the press Marky Mark. If the power that be all of a sudden gets a hair up his wazoo that day, I'll bring you a spare upper deck from my 414M hehe.

Have you tried running this year's motor in your carbon and aluminum wonder? I've gotten severe radio problems with my two examples. I gave one of the motors to another racer for him to try out and he's got the same problems. Put in some other non-Tamiya motors and no problemo...weird I mean, it's a motor...it's not rocket science hehe.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rod, this may sound crazy, but skim the comm and try different brushes. Like a totally different brush from a different manufacturer. I'm willing to bet you have the same brushes in those two motors. I'm not sure because I have no way of proving it, but I think I had the same problem not too long ago.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's a skim cut? Do you need a motor wraith for one of those? I put my arm in a drill and use sand paper to make it straight. Just kidding man lol.

Thanks for the info BDR. Yup, I tried different brushes in the motors and will try more. Kinda sucks though that "good" brush/spring combo gets glitches hehehe.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You use a drill and sandpaper? Man that's some high falootin stuff there. Down here in Tennessee we just use an Xacto knife and whittle a little off that copper part, kinda like sharpenin ol school pencils...
Old 09-15-2003, 09:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What's a skim cut? Do you need a motor wraith for one of those? I put my arm in a drill and use sand paper to make it straight. Just kidding man lol.

Thanks for the info BDR. Yup, I tried different brushes in the motors and will try more. Kinda sucks though that "good" brush/spring combo gets glitches hehehe.
Is that your TCS motor that's glitching Rod?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.