Search

Tamiya TA05 IFS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by <PsOp>
How do you guys fix chassis tweak?
if you are using the tub chassis it's already tweaked , it has been discussed in the TA05 forum. That's the reason why I opted for the CF chassis (aftermarket, hop-up option which are made by diff. companies)
Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok, so whats the best gear ratio to start with? looking for a higher top end speed and using a 3.5 t brushless lrp x12?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

New to RC in general and the IFS is my first RC car! I've been getting on with it fairly well since purchase and am now growing in confidence a bit and after asking around have been told that the most worthy options to go for first are TRF shocks and front CVD's instead of using dogbones, would you guys agree that's good advice?.

Will any TRF shock fit? For example will parts 42102 or 53571 be ok for the shocks? For the CVD's I'm assuming the shaft and axel will need to be replaced to that used on the IFS-R or can the set from the TRF 415 be used? Do either bolt straight on?

EDIT: Found page 18 in the manual which has cleared 1.5 questions, still wouldn't mind knowing if 42102 would fit as well as they are much easier for me to get hold of.

Apologies if this has been asked before I've been through a fair bit of this thread and can't seem to find the answers.

Cheers
Gaz

Last edited by gazmond; 01-27-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by gazmond
Hi guys,

New to RC in general and the IFS is my first RC car! I've been getting on with it fairly well since purchase and am now growing in confidence a bit and after asking around have been told that the most worthy options to go for first are TRF shocks and front CVD's instead of using dogbones, would you guys agree that's good advice?.

Will any TRF shock fit? For example will parts 42102 or 53571 be ok for the shocks? For the CVD's I'm assuming the shaft and axel will need to be replaced to that used on the IFS-R or can the set from the TRF 415 be used? Do either bolt straight on?

EDIT: Found page 18 in the manual which has cleared 1.5 questions, still wouldn't mind knowing if 42102 would fit as well as they are much easier for me to get hold of.

Apologies if this has been asked before I've been through a fair bit of this thread and can't seem to find the answers.

Cheers
Gaz
I'm pretty sure that any TRF shocks would fit in a TA05, that's what my hobby parts supplier said. Of course you would have to use the required size ball studs to pop them on your chassis of course.
As for your first question. Yes, i would suggest having TRF shocks and Universal Swing Shafts as your first upgrades on your list, as well as the Tamiya bearing rocker arms for your front suspension is a good add on as well since it makes your front suspension more solid feeling and smoother ^_^. I'm actually using my IFS for drifting for the time being with a countersteer set up, it's also a great racing chassis. It's just a great car in general.
For the CVDs, I'm not sure if either those will fit right on. I'm guessing that as long as they're 46mm they should fit =P. Well, good luck man and great choice for a first chassis.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3rd round Tamiya Champioship Series Pics on ENERGYRACING.

http://energyracing.tripod.com
Old 03-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Setup sheet

I have had some people asking me for this from the V2 thread but my car isnt a V2 so I will post it here......a PDF sheet of the setup that Im currently using on carpet and what I used at the TCS race in Omaha. Whats not on the sheet is that I use the carbon lower chassis. Also I run this setup with a spool or a 1way....if traction is lower a spool is better when its gets higher a 1-way works better.

Any questions feel free to ask....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TA05IFS typeR setup.pdf (372.6 KB, 232 views)
Old 03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone have the parts listing needed to convert a TA05 IFS to a V2??
Old 03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Does anyone have the parts listing needed to convert a TA05 IFS to a V2??
I dont have part numbers....but if you are starting with a type R this is what you need....

Chassis
Motor mount
Lay Shaft
Spur gear adapter
Steering rack...same as TB03
K-parts tree
Split suspension mounts for front rear arm mount and rear front arm mounts

From looking to convert my IFS-R over to a V2 this is what I would need to order as best I can tell.

If you dont have a type R there are a whole lot of other parts....all the suspension, drive train(belts and pulleys) plus all the above parts.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I dont have part numbers....but if you are starting with a type R this is what you need....

Chassis
Motor mount
Lay Shaft
Spur gear adapter
Steering rack...same as TB03
K-parts tree
Split suspension mounts for front rear arm mount and rear front arm mounts

From looking to convert my IFS-R over to a V2 this is what I would need to order as best I can tell.

If you dont have a type R there are a whole lot of other parts....all the suspension, drive train(belts and pulleys) plus all the above parts.
Thank you - I am converting an "R"
Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gimpex
Is there any advantage (or otherwise) to using the wide pitch 36T pulley ( 49472 ) as a replacement for the standard white kit pulley. The wide pitch one, has every second tooth missing,...
I'm interested in an answer on this one as well. Any one?
Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Here is a link to the V2 forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...er-2-a-57.html

Check post 841.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hi guys..
i'm running my TA05-IFS for 48T SSGP race..
now i'm torn between LRP Quantum3 or KO VFS1 competition2 esc..
it's for my SSGP brushed motor..
which one should i choose?

LRP got lipo cut off but 10 minutes race with 5600mAh lipo
Any no auto lipo cut off esc will not harm my lipo

i'm using my mamba max for practice
since it got brushed and brushless mode with auto lipo protection
so i can bash till the esc cut off automatically

but i want an esc that specifically design for brushed motor
from my observation these 2 came out on top..

can u guys give me advice on which one to buy?
the lucky ESC will be for race use only..
Old 03-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the part number for the black rims (spoked) that will fit the Ta05? I have a TCS race coming up and I dont have a book. Not sure offsets or how big they need to be. Im running the GT3 class
Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

can i use 416's suspension mount onto my ta05?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Front Universals

Hi there,
I'm trying to fit universals to the front of my IFS and can't manage to get the right set up. So far I have bought...
46mm Assembly Universal Shafts (53847)
48mm Swing Shafts (53836)

It seems that the outer axles now are too long as there is a 2mm gap between the pin and hex block and the outer bearings.
Any thoughts?

Help appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.