Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, I have purchased two Motonica P8C kits from Garen, i hope to have them soon!

I also will try to purchase an DFX brand car from France. This car is the one that comes with the cool rear diffuser. The DFX company sent me some pictures: The last pic is with a cut down diffuser to trim some of the downforce out of the rear of the car. They tell me this thing really works!
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dxf1.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dxf2.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dxf3.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-dxf4.jpg  

Last edited by djmachinist; 10-29-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

When you get pricing info and contact info for the dfx car please pm me the info.

Jamie
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Check it out

A website dedicated to this subject past and present www.rcretro.com
Old 10-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

A friend of mine converted a Serpent 950R into a 2wd with a diff and full suspension car looked real good.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Jamie, I've decided to purchase one of these chassis over the winter and will be running it at CONTROLFREAKZ next season , even if it's in the open class with the 4WDs. I feel this is what must be done for these cars to become popular here in the U.S. - drivers to buy them and race in any available class they can.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have no idea what the rules for the 2wd pan class are in Europe. I have to assume that the cars must have a fixed type suspension, meaning no shocks, solid type arms. I know the old ROAR 2wd class allowed for full suspension cars. If there is to be a new class with a set of universal rules, I think to keep things simple and costs down, the cars should probably be 'pan' type cars without the suspension systems. A 3 port engine rule is probably not a bad idea either.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
I have no idea what the rules for the 2wd pan class are in Europe. I have to assume that the cars must have a fixed type suspension, meaning no shocks, solid type arms. I know the old ROAR 2wd class allowed for full suspension cars. If there is to be a new class with a set of universal rules, I think to keep things simple and costs down, the cars should probably be 'pan' type cars without the suspension systems. A 3 port engine rule is probably not a bad idea either.
Agreed. While I like suspension, the appeal to me for this class is the rugged, reliable, low maintenance design and cheap motors. I love full blown, balls to the wall 1/8th scale racing but it is a LOT of work.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The only problem with this is we too many cry babies that can only drive 4wd cars so i dont see it getting big in the states.Its a shame though cause even with a 3port these cars will be fast. JMO
Old 10-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

No suspension / pan car is the way to go. The car are very simple to build and would be attractive to a new racers or budget racer that does not have the time to dedicate setup with suspension and tires.

That is the problem with the gt cars is they dont handle well out of the box and require alot of work in addition to the fact they are overly complex for a newbie.

Another thing that is nice about such a simple car hobby shop/track could offer it as a race roller (add body and engine). The car looks to go together quickly and as a track director I would have no problem volunteering my time to preassemble a couple kit to get people on the track.

I think they will handle ok without suspension. I saw an old rc250 run on brick hard 30 year old tires and it was not horrible so with correct shore tire,3port engine, proper modern body they will work just fine.

For those that are in the northeast and are interested in this class feel free to pm me and perhaps if we have enough local interest (3 guys wanting 3 kits) I can further look into carrying or importing this type of car thru the track hobby shop (www.controlfreakz.com).

If we have the initial interest/purchase I can convince the track owner to carry this type of car.

Cheers
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by senna555
No suspension / pan car is the way to go. The car are very simple to build and would be attractive to a new racers or budget racer that does not have the time to dedicate setup with suspension and tires.

That is the problem with the gt cars is they dont handle well out of the box and require alot of work in addition to the fact they are overly complex for a newbie.

Another thing that is nice about such a simple car hobby shop/track could offer it as a race roller (add body and engine). The car looks to go together quickly and as a track director I would have no problem volunteering my time to preassemble a couple kit to get people on the track.

I think they will handle ok without suspension. I saw an old rc250 run on brick hard 30 year old tires and it was not horrible so with correct shore tire,3port engine, proper modern body they will work just fine.

For those that are in the northeast and are interested in this class feel free to pm me and perhaps if we have enough local interest (3 guys wanting 3 kits) I can further look into carrying or importing this type of car thru the track hobby shop (www.controlfreakz.com).

If we have the initial interest/purchase I can convince the track owner to carry this type of car.

Cheers
Yes, a complete roller would be nice, Actually Motonica is going to offer a kit with a Novarossi based engine (VOX) included according to their website.

Dale
Old 10-29-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default French national race Oct. 2009

Just look at these cars go! You would not know you were viewing a 2WD race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRXze...eature=related
Old 10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Jamie, I've decided to purchase one of these chassis over the winter and will be running it at CONTROLFREAKZ next season , even if it's in the open class with the 4WDs. I feel this is what must be done for these cars to become popular here in the U.S. - drivers to buy them and race in any available class they can.
Old school,

I am thinking along the same lines as you, I think I'm going to run this car in the open 4WD class next year here in Texas. I was'nt going to win the Southwest Series no matter what I run, but if I manage a respectable showing with this class of cars, who knows it may turn a few heads.

Dale
Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you guys are able to generate interest, I'll work with you/track owners to get the cars at a good price to help the class grow. I might just get one myself and see if it attracts racers here in So Cal.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why buy a new kit, cant there be a way to make a diff that will fit in the 4WD car already being made. Theoretically it would cost less for the manufactures
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do they make a touring car styled 1/8th scale bodies anymore? If so, why not run the 2wd 1/8th scale as a touring car class? That way, you can make a distinction between the 2wd and 4wd class just like it used to be in the discontinued 235mm class (2wd ran the touring car bodies and 4wd ran the lola bodies). Just a thought.

Juan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.