Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlarry
Here is a pic of my Inferno GT that I will be running at the US Open in Kissimmee, Florida.
Hey Dave is that the Twister Mclaren
Old 03-24-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes George that is from Twister.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Here's mine for the US Open Championships at Kraceway.
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-igtpic002.jpg  
Old 03-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Here's mine for the US Open Championships at Kraceway.
You will never lose sight of your car on the track, even at night!! Is that glow-in-the-dark paint?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
You will never lose sight of your car on the track, even at night!! Is that glow-in-the-dark paint?
Yes, it’s fluorescent yellow with a white backing coat.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

The only good looking one here is the one with Kyosho body. That's the #1 reason to buy a K car
Old 03-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

I remember there was quite a bit of discussion of the IGT front caster.. Actually I think it is 17 degrees, not 20. IGT uses the same front geometry as the original MP7.5, the optional 20/22 caster came with the Kanai edition that uses a different caster block (20 or 22 deg), different upper arms and longer front universals. Maybe you already know this but just wanted to say what I found out recently.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Twister Tires

I don't know what you guys are running for tires on the IGT I spent a while looking for the GRP's with no luck, I still have yet to try the Kyosho V-slicks myself but on a tip from a fellow racer I picked up some IGT tires from Twister Tires last week.
Had The IGT at the track on sunday after doing a few laps with the stock tires and getting feed up with the lack of traction I slapped on the Twister tires and noticed a difference on the first lap after a few laps the tires warmed up a bit and the traction was amazing although I could still break the back end loose it was a lot harder to do really had to mash the throttle to get it to break loose in the turns. What made it more remarkable was that the track was not swept or blown off and there was no traction compound on the surface and here's the kicker the ambient air temp was about 50f for the high and I was running the harder or the two shores that are offered by Twister Tires.
Needless to say I am impressed by the traction these tires provided under less then ideal conditions has me counting the weeks until the season starts up here, the traction can only get better as the weather gets warmer and the track gets fully prepped.

Here's the link check em out for yourself.
http://www.twistertiresusa.com/index...products_id=33
Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have some on the way. I'll try them and Kronos.............................. as soon as the snow and rain quits!!!

Garen............................................. ......... Medial Pros?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Medial Pro's are still in the works and they will be available 'eventually'. I can't give an exact date yet, but I promise I will get them asap.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikaR
I remember there was quite a bit of discussion of the IGT front caster.. Actually I think it is 17 degrees, not 20. IGT uses the same front geometry as the original MP7.5, the optional 20/22 caster came with the Kanai edition that uses a different caster block (20 or 22 deg), different upper arms and longer front universals. Maybe you already know this but just wanted to say what I found out recently.
universals are not longer you can actually use the lightweight universals from the 777 they fit on the Gt as well as some other parts will work on it also
rods,turnbuckles,shock pistons,torque rods we tested 20 & 22 knuckles on the Gt
Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by regg151
I don't know what you guys are running for tires on the IGT I spent a while looking for the GRP's with no luck, I still have yet to try the Kyosho V-slicks myself but on a tip from a fellow racer I picked up some IGT tires from Twister Tires last week.
Had The IGT at the track on sunday after doing a few laps with the stock tires and getting feed up with the lack of traction I slapped on the Twister tires and noticed a difference on the first lap after a few laps the tires warmed up a bit and the traction was amazing although I could still break the back end loose it was a lot harder to do really had to mash the throttle to get it to break loose in the turns. What made it more remarkable was that the track was not swept or blown off and there was no traction compound on the surface and here's the kicker the ambient air temp was about 50f for the high and I was running the harder or the two shores that are offered by Twister Tires.
Needless to say I am impressed by the traction these tires provided under less then ideal conditions has me counting the weeks until the season starts up here, the traction can only get better as the weather gets warmer and the track gets fully prepped.

Here's the link check em out for yourself.
http://www.twistertiresusa.com/index...products_id=33
Regg testing with the twister tires in florida @ a high bite track smooth surface 96deg temp it took about the amount of laps for them to come in if your looking for a quicker grip add some paragon,tq,buggy grip to the outer front & in the rear apply the traction compund completly on it & it should really help.
Are you the same Regg from Nitrotalk
Old 03-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Regg testing with the twister tires in florida @ a high bite track smooth surface 96deg temp it took about the amount of laps for them to come in if your looking for a quicker grip add some paragon,tq,buggy grip to the outer front & in the rear apply the traction compund completly on it & it should really help.
Are you the same Regg from Nitrotalk
sounds like a good idea with the tire sauce I'll give it a try.
Although i gotta admit that the tires are fairly sticky already and thats in the cold. traction compound and heat should prove interesting. Hope I don't traction roll this beast. lol

yep thats me, i'm on nitro talk as well

I belive we meet at Flloyd bennet field a few years back name looks really familer.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GMartinez
universals are not longer you can actually use the lightweight universals from the 777 they fit on the Gt as well as some other parts will work on it also
rods,turnbuckles,shock pistons,torque rods we tested 20 & 22 knuckles on the Gt
What effect did the 20 & 22 knuckles have on the GT if any?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by regg151
sounds like a good idea with the tire sauce I'll give it a try.
Although i gotta admit that the tires are fairly sticky already and thats in the cold. traction compound and heat should prove interesting. Hope I don't traction roll this beast. lol

yep thats me, i'm on nitro talk as well

I belive we meet at Flloyd bennet field a few years back name looks really familer.
I had a feeling it was you I remember you were into the HPI Savage & in the HPI challenge we did a couple of set ups to get it dialled in. it was really fun Man it's been a while how's everyone doing I lost touch with a lot of the boys from nitro talk say hello to everyone fro me & if any of the fellas need my # just pm me WOW brings back memories QURC,Bashing days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.