Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

The car will be a rocket if it has one belt or two that much we all know. I am sure AE will not let us down

Bring it home BOYZZZZZZZZZZZ

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I'll take your word for it Pookyt...

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Single belt......Paleeeezzzzze!!!! LOL I do believe from the Reedy pics of the car at the side shot it looks to be a dual belt set-up. Sorry man.

Brant
Someone menitoned it was a single belt. If it is, you all can eat those comments.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
Someone menitoned it was a single belt. If it is, you all can eat those comments.

If it is I will admit defeat!! LOL But, I do agree with you and Kevin.......if it is a single belt.......that sucker will be ballistic!!! Truly, that extra foot off of the starting line I used to always have with my XXXS is the only thing I miss with my JRXS. Play on!!!

Brant
Old 06-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Brant,

I have been diving the AE cars since the TC3 came out so the belt car will be learning curve for me. With the shaft and my Checkpoint 9 single just look out, I had tons of RIP. I will need to ask some questions that is for sure.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Brant,

I have been diving the AE cars since the TC3 came out so the belt car will be learning curve for me. With the shaft and my Checkpoint 9 single just look out, I had tons of RIP. I will need to ask some questions that is for sure.

Later
Kevin Boyle

My only shaft experience has been the past 2 yrs with a borrowed TCS EVO4. Its a cool car but man the torque steer was wicked this year running the KD 19 turn. Anyway, the belt cars should make it a little easier to set up since you really don't have the torque thing to deal with.

Brant
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
You will find people on this and other sites who will argue until they are blue in the face that our toy cars are scaled down versions of full size cars and that the laws of physics apply to both yet you don't hear of F1, Nascar,IRL or any other group of racers/manufacturers designing flex into their chassis to improve handling. Interesting ........ no ?
allmost all race cars have flex made into them. from tube size to where they place the tubes. we have two diff chassies for our sprint car one for drit and one for pavement, dirt car has more flex in it. and we have a few tubes we can bolt on to car if we need to take out some of the flex
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
You will find people on this and other sites who will argue until they are blue in the face that our toy cars are scaled down versions of full size cars and that the laws of physics apply to both yet you don't hear of F1, Nascar,IRL or any other group of racers/manufacturers designing flex into their chassis to improve handling. Interesting ........ no ?
Actually, all the series you just mentioned design varying amounts of flex into their cars.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

and that also includes F1.. opposite to what some ppl think, you need "some" flex in an F1.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

looking at the 3 pics already posted, It looks like the front and rear diff are offset, meaning a twin belt transmission.

What is interesting is that the side picture of the car, the top deck is quite high in relation to the spur gear? weird?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

those Arm look like made of 4~5 mm thick (flexibel) delrin plate ..
then curious with 2 pcs black screw on each arm > CF plate stabilizer connecting left and right arm?? (..like stiffener plate on pan car front end..??)
Old 06-08-2006, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Black screws are for the sway bar. The TC4 has the same set up.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 06-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by whoopass
looking at the 3 pics already posted, It looks like the front and rear diff are offset, meaning a twin belt transmission.

What is interesting is that the side picture of the car, the top deck is quite high in relation to the spur gear? weird?
To me it looks like the belt is above the top deck like the RDX and T2, maybe you confused the belt for the top deck? I could be wrong too, I guess we'll just have to wait until better pics of the car come out...
Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but the wishboes look asthough they are fixed to the bulkheads in a similar way to the Xray style.

Good or bad thing.... really your own preference.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Faiz
those Arm look like made of 4~5 mm thick (flexibel) delrin plate ..
then curious with 2 pcs black screw on each arm > CF plate stabilizer connecting left and right arm?? (..like stiffener plate on pan car front end..??)
Delrin is a hard self lubricating plastic simular to the strength of nylon. It's not FLEXI at all.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

delrin, while fairly stiff relative to other virgin polymers, is not nearly as stiff as the materials, 50-75% carbon or glass filled, that are currently used for arms in the tc market. not to mention, the impact resistance of delrin is extremely low. arms made of pure delrin are a complete disaster on tracks with barriers. just ask the corally crew.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.