Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

anyone running 5s lipos on their rides? If so what size mAh and C rating do you have?

I have these 3 right now..
8000mAh 5s 30C
5000mAh 5s 40C
4000mAh 5s 30C

I will be running the tekin RX8/T8 1700kv system. Any gearing recommendations?

I arrive home in about 12 days and this project will begin!

I also went ahead and bought the single speed conversion kit Fangs posted up incase I ever want to change out my 2 speed.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToxicRC
anyone running 5s lipos on their rides? If so what size mAh and C rating do you have?

8000mAh 5s 30C
5000mAh 5s 40C
4000mAh 5s 30C

I also went ahead and bought the single speed conversion kit Fangs posted up incase I ever want to change out my 2 speed.
I run 5s 5000 mah with 1700kv motor. Gearing is 44T/ 16T. To cut down on torque (theres an sh*t load with 1700kv and 5S) I had set the current limit my rx8 really high, side effect was a lot of lag on the infield. I turned it off and now I'm going to try to learn to be smooth on the throttle instead of electronic assistance.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raman
I run 5s 5000 mah with 1700kv motor. Gearing is 44T/ 16T. To cut down on torque (theres an sh*t load with 1700kv and 5S) I had set the current limit my rx8 really high, side effect was a lot of lag on the infield. I turned it off and now I'm going to try to learn to be smooth on the throttle instead of electronic assistance.
The Tekno Elektri-Clutch makes it smooth as butter if you haven't tried one yet. I am thinking about getting one for all of my BL rigs. (Of course you will need mech brakes)

Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Techno clutch = new motor mount, adding a brake servo, making mount for servo.. Roughly an additional $100.. Prefer to keep it simple and learn to use the throttle more smoothly. Will benefit me in the long run
Old 04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Raman
thanks for the info Raman. You must be running a single speed tranny. I know I will have alot of testing to do with my ESC programming and gearing selection to get the performance I want.

After talking with Whipnet I learned I needed a 3 channel Transmitter so I decided I would treat myself to a top performing TX/RX system. I have never used anything better then stock traxxas 2.4ghz. I ended up with the new Spektrum DX3R Pro kit.

I am just counting my days now...14 days
Old 04-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default IGT2 Carbon Fiber Chassis

Hey all,

I am making carbon fiber chassis for a few who are interested. Refer to this thread for details.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rsion-kit.html

PM me if interested.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blueryu
Hey all,

I am making carbon fiber chassis for a few who are interested. Refer to this thread for details.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rsion-kit.html

PM me if interested.

Thanks!
I applaud your desire to make a better product, but at a cost of $200, why not just get a CF kit that's already produced. For example, I believe Max Velocity (or something like that) already has one that's like $120
Old 04-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blueryu
hey,
do you have any pics of the part you broke? and links to HPI parts used?
I bought both the HPI assembled diff set #86127 (for the savage) as well as the alluminum alloy diff case # 86827 (also for the savage. I could've just got the aluminum diff case and the output cups, but then I would've had to order the larger inner diameter bearings (the HPI bearings have a larger inner diameter but same outer diameter) so it's actually cheaper to just get both. The diff set was $35 and the aluminum diff case was $12 so all together $47. Not bad considering it fits much better (the end to end lenght is approx 4mm longer so much less play in the front axels) and the case in stronger.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Missle
I applaud your desire to make a better product, but at a cost of $200, why not just get a CF kit that's already produced. For example, I believe Max Velocity (or something like that) already has one that's like $120
There are many who will share your sentiment. My products will only be affordable by small percentage of industry and i am ok with that. MV carbon chassis is $150 and is only capable of nitro and perhaps the Kyosho conversion kit, although they show no pics of it working as a conversion. My kit allows more tuning options, it is specific to brushless, and includes battery tray. The price is comparable. I am sure MV makes great products and with no disrespect to MV i would wager that if set side by side, brushless racers would choose my product. Thanks for your encouragement though.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

I was wondering if I should go with the tekin 5.5 or 6.5mm bullets for my ESC to battery connection..or if anyone has recommendations to connectors better then the Deans.
You don't need the bullets unless you plan on switching your motor back and forth between rigs. Just solder the motor to the ESC directly and that will reduce the amount of resistance. I recommend you use Traxxas Plugs, they can handle the heavy loads this rigs produce. Just my .02.

Here's a photo of my rig:

Last edited by FangsCPO; 04-12-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

What rear chassis brace is that Fangs? Yours is a lot shorter than mine and appears to fit. I had to modify my chassis to get mine to work.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whipnet
What rear chassis brace is that Fangs? Yours is a lot shorter than mine and appears to fit. I had to modify my chassis to get mine to work.

This is the chassis brace you want.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

I think this is what you are asking about: OFN40578

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html

Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

The Tekno Elektri-Clutch makes it smooth as butter if you haven't tried one yet. I am thinking about getting one for all of my BL rigs. (Of course you will need mech brakes)

If you use Traktion Drive, you can use either mechanical brakes or motor brakes.

If you use Eletri-Clutch, you need to use mechanical brakes. Motor brakes, will not work.

It is added cost but it will definitely help you contain your motor temps down even more during the hot summer months.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

8000mAh 5s 30C
5000mAh 5s 40C
4000mAh 5s 30C

Check out page 3 for recommendations on kv vs lipo cells. You want right answers, you go to the best source for information......Tekno!!!

http://www.teknorc.com/images/V4_instructions_losi.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.