Search
Like Tree11Likes

New LRP Flow Esc

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Last year it had to be on the list 30 days prior I believe. I am not sure about this year and when the cut off is/was. I'll email Boylan and ask about it. Im sure LRP is doing everything they can to get it submitted and approved though. Heard nothing but good things about it.

EA
I have a strange feeling that LRP submitted this a while ago and its just sitting on someones desk waiting for approval now. I could be wrong but thats a hunch.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I have a strange feeling that LRP submitted this a while ago and its just sitting on someones desk waiting for approval now. I could be wrong but thats a hunch.
I talked with Mike Boylan of the Snowbirds and he said he had talked with ROAR but they were not clear if it would be approved before the race or not. Boylan said he would post something about its use for the snowbirds when he got access to his computer later.

He did say it was NOT legal for use in the SPEC classes for Oval at the snowbirds due to the TOUR series having a 30 day legality rule for all products.

EA
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

At this point, I just hope it's legal by nats. :-\
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

I have a LRP Flow Worksteam, but have a little problem.

I calibrate it, and all it's working well. But one thing strange, if a put the car on the track, and push it a little bit, the motor turn a little bit, i need to brake, to stop it.. Il I turn wheel with hand, it's the same.

I use a GM motor, LRP LiPo and futuba remote..

Any suggest?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Flow has been submitted to ROAR and as far as I know it has passed the certification tests. It is just waiting to be added to the ROAR approved list.
Snowbirds website shows that any items on the ROAR list by January 18 will be legal, except for the spec oval classes which have different requirements.

At this time the only SW approved will be the v1.4 which is the SW shipped on the SC from the factory.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sean Cochran

I have just purchased 2 flows and the distributors updated the software to v5Below is the reply I got from LRP europe

v5 is no common software version. Originally Esc is supplied with v1.4.

v3.3 is Off-Road

V4.0 is On-Road

v5.0 is Stock only
Old 01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Man this 2 week crap is bull****, this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company..

Sent speedo in for free upgrade in October, was told it wasn't upgradable, but they would sell me a flow for a discount, ok, when try goin to be in stock? 2 weeks, that's fine I say, this was early November, 3 weeks later I call, 2 weeks out.. Ugh ok.. I call a week ago, we just got them in and will be shipping it monday.. Sweet, call today, I'm not on the list and will be on the next shipment... In u guessed it.. 2 weeks

Venting, its not even going to make it out of the shipping box if it ever shows up
Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
Man this 2 week crap is bull****, this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a company..

Sent speedo in for free upgrade in October, was told it wasn't upgradable, but they would sell me a flow for a discount, ok, when try goin to be in stock? 2 weeks, that's fine I say, this was early November, 3 weeks later I call, 2 weeks out.. Ugh ok.. I call a week ago, we just got them in and will be shipping it monday.. Sweet, call today, I'm not on the list and will be on the next shipment... In u guessed it.. 2 weeks

Venting, its not even going to make it out of the shipping box if it ever shows up
how was it not upgradeable?
Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traitor
how was it not upgradeable?
They put a new board in it and it blew smoke is what they said.. Should have just never sent it in at all, worked when I sent it in.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by RCvetran
I have just purchased 2 flows and the distributors updated the software to v5Below is the reply I got from LRP europe

v5 is no common software version. Originally Esc is supplied with v1.4.

v3.3 is Off-Road

V4.0 is On-Road

v5.0 is Stock only
Not sure what your asking? The v5.0 is a boosted stock software. I think all of the SW versions have a blinky mode in them. We only have approval from ROAR for the v1.4 as we were pressed for time.

If your attending Snowbirds and need the SC changed back to v1.4 to comply with the rules I will be able to help at the track.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to AE

Sent in a few SXX for updates before the Holiday
And got them back within one month
Not bad considering Holiday break and all

Nice goin
Old 01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Not sure what your asking? The v5.0 is a boosted stock software. I think all of the SW versions have a blinky mode in them. We only have approval from ROAR for the v1.4 as we were pressed for time.

If your attending Snowbirds and need the SC changed back to v1.4 to comply with the rules I will be able to help at the track.
Sean,

can you make a recomendation as to which of the firmware will be best suited for use in a 12th Scale (1S/Mod)?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by nerdling
Sean,

can you make a recomendation as to which of the firmware will be best suited for use in a 12th Scale (1S/Mod)?

Thanks
Our only experience so far has been using the v4.0. WCs, Vegas, Cleveland all used that with fairly aggressive ramp settings. I would have to look back to see what the setting actually were.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Our only experience so far has been using the v4.0. WCs, Vegas, Cleveland all used that with fairly aggressive ramp settings. I would have to look back to see what the setting actually were.
Thankyou
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know how to do a factory reset?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.