Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
A plate tamp resembles a push mower except it is heavy and has a thick steel bottom about 20"x30" weighs about 200 lbs and vibrates...... does an incredible job of packing..... can make the dirt as hard as concrete.
Can I ride on it?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

No the girls at Hooters are fighting over it..... I am not watching them ... very much... at first.... but then it became an obsession.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

No the girls at Hooters are fighting over it..... I am not watching them ... very much... at first.... but then it became an obsession.
ya baby , they really make your hands numb too , done a few laps on a plate compactor myself
Old 10-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by houston
you really dont want the engine ? jk

what you decide to do with the engine is up to you , if you let stuff get to you that easy than rc is not a good idea.

you opened up a large can of worms here ryan you really did . i dont know where you expected this thread to go but i tell you what , i would just about bet that there are more people who would be inclined to buy engines from novarossi now than before you started this thread .

I could have fixed your engine but well truthfully ................... the parts were replaced by fusion motorsports / novarossiusa . even after the shenanigans played by the parties involved jim still decided to replace the parts that you personally f'ed up . the engine is in my posession at the moment and will be on its way to you today .

thanks you all for your continued support of the finest engines money can buy and of a great distributor novarossiusa .

happy motorin',
monty

there it is

and btw , i would have fixed the engine if jim didn't just for good measure
the color purple
Old 10-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Through out this event I have noticed several things.
1. I believe Ryans engine would not tune... he tried and I believe he knows how.
2. I believe he used reasonable force to remove the backplate and it resisted.
3. He f'd up the backplate.
4. He assumed that the customer service would meet HIS expectations.
5. I believe Jim and Fusion would have helped him as soon as they could have.
6. I believe Houston's Engine Service is top shelf.
7. I know it is hard to be a happy camper when you feel you have done everything right and you still do not succeed.
8.It is easy to judge other people. But hard to help them.
9. I am usually on here trying to sell wig boxes and wound up in the middle of this.
10. I haven't taken my meds since this whole thing started and I need a laxative now.
why would someone expect somebody to fix what they f'ed up for free ?

take the meds now
Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by houston
An apology to jim and novarossiusa will be in order .

Wait for it , wait for it
yes please
Old 10-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A plate tamp resembles a push mower except it is heavy and has a thick steel bottom about 20"x30" weighs about 200 lbs and vibrates...... does an incredible job of packing..... can make the dirt as hard as concrete.
Technically, its called a vibratory plate compactor..Laymen call it a sand pan..

Sorry, I work in the industry.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by fast11970
Technically, its called a vibratory plate compactor..Laymen call it a sand pan..

ya smarty pants , haha ha

used mainly for packing asphalt or gravel .
Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

http://http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/334680-thanks-novarossi.html
Old 10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know this is a little late but i have had engines that I worked on that the backplate did not want to come out or the sleeve didnt want to come out. What had happen to these motors upon investigating was when the sleeve/backplate was installed with a slight burr or very small piece of trash or metal that slides in but when you try to remove it the burr or particle will drag and dig into the aluminum( which is a soft metal) creating even larger metal. The only way to get it out it is with patientce or twisting with brute force which would explain the internal scatches in the block and around the backplate.

P.S. this debate is what I love about forums I believe alot can be learned from this thread.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default DELETE

I hate to push this thread to the top just to post this but I have to totally disagree. If you can manage to read through all the pages of this thread without going nuts the only thing you will learn is that Nova motors are the bomb and therefore have a large and loyal following. A following that will not be scarred by someones ignorance.

You may also learn that not everyone can tune motors. It takes a long time, years even, to learn the art. Some tracks with no pros around never have a good motor tuner around and therefore never learn at all. Prime example being this guy being the trusted motor guy in his area.

Terrible, that's all I have to say. Just terrible.

I did see however that an apology/thank you thread has been started as it was definitely needed after this. And now to the point in my title.

THIS THREAD IS A TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE AND SHOULD BE DELETED!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fast11970

I guess you can tell I don't work in that industry. But man those things will work you. They do an awesome job. I used it myself ...I know for about 4 hours straight...... Really I enjoyed it and could actually zone out.I am a very big guy and handled it with ease, some of the average size guys couldn't last 10 min. and we've got some big jumps and it would actually climb up them.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Well they did win the Roar Fuel Nationals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDHSb...layer_embedded
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camocowboy
I hate to push this thread to the top just to post this but I have to totally disagree. If you can manage to read through all the pages of this thread without going nuts the only thing you will learn is that Nova motors are the bomb and therefore have a large and loyal following. A following that will not be scarred by someones ignorance.

You may also learn that not everyone can tune motors. It takes a long time, years even, to learn the art. Some tracks with no pros around never have a good motor tuner around and therefore never learn at all. Prime example being this guy being the trusted motor guy in his area.

Terrible, that's all I have to say. Just terrible.

I did see however that an apology/thank you thread has been started as it was definitely needed after this. And now to the point in my title.

THIS THREAD IS A TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE AND SHOULD BE DELETED!!!!

Well in school we have to take history to learn from peoples mistakes in the past. So if any thing was learned from this post then it did its job.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

I like NR engines but I find that at rebuild time they gouge you so hard it's usually cheaper to buy a new engine.I called Fusion about a P/S for my 367+2 and they wanted 300 dollars for it.I know you can get them a little cheaper from other sources but they are still around 230 dollars. That is absolutly rediculous.About a 300% mark up.I also have two p5's that have broken mounting tabs that I truly believe was a molding problem as I have seen several others with the same problems.They wouldn't even talk about replacing it.Other brand motors that I run in the same truck have held up just fine.I'm not bashing these great motors but I will never deal with Fusion again as I feel they take advantage of there customers.Especially on replacement parts.I like the engines but have switched brands because of Fusions arrogant attitude toward their customers........Theads like these are essential to the hobby.Again,not bashing the engines,just the way I was treated by it's distributor.I challenge anyone to justify the price of NR replacement parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.