Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UofAJoe
So i am confused about this whole droop business. So in the back of the manual in the build set up it says droop is 1mm above right height in the front. Do i do A or B?

a) Measure ride height, then max height with wheels still on the ground and the difference is droop. To decrease droop i actually tighten the downstop to remove down travel

OR

b) Taking the handy droop guage that comes with the kit and measuring 1mm using the chasis and set screw boss as reference, and make sure screw boss just clears the 1mm mark. I decrease droop here by loosening the downstop and adding down travel.

If it matters, i am suspecting the A is my answer. thanks alot.
When it is said as in your example 1 mm above ride height, it is measured with a ride height gauge. You can more or less get rid of the droop gauge because when the setup calls for so much above ride height, it not measured with that gauge anymore. It was just an easy way the Pros found to do droop w/o removing the wheels.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Suspended

Default Unofficial Launch of Social RC!

Being a Losi guy I had to post the first real announcement here! The team at Social RC (www.socialrc.com) has been working incredibly hard to build an innovative online community for RC Car Racing. Our goal is to two fold: First, to elevate the profile of RC Racing worldwide by giving racers, manufacturers and track operators what they have persistently been asking for - effective tools to network, stay in touch, swap stories/tips and learn about the latest trends and events in RC Racing Web 2.0 fashion! Second, to have EVERY racer become a part of the Social RC community, one track at a time (no easy task!)

While the site is still in beta mode, I wanted the Losi guys to take a first peak and let us know your preliminary thoughts and feedback. All feedback can be posted to the site. We have partnered with the manufacturers and track operators and plan on spreading the word to the masses next week! Racers ready, marshals ready!

Social RC Admin
www.socialrc.com
Old 06-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A sounds good to me!

somewhere around the internet is a sweet article about how to set droop....
will look around and find it
Old 06-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
I'm talking about the inner pivot block. The part that is actually hitting the endbell of the motor stopping it from moving further. I took as much material off of it as I could without sacrificing structural integrity. The only problem with mine is if I want to run HIGH rear roll center, I'll have to dremel down another block just for that. Both Larry and myself have done the same thing to continue to use Losi spur gears on the car. Keep in mind, this is only good for 13.5 and 10.5. If you plan on running 17.5, you'll definitely need the PRS adapter to slam a ton of gear on it.
Do you have a recommended setup for Jackson?
thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
I would say camber gain is more towards the end of a fine tune adjustment. On asphalt, the car has more of a numb feel courtesy of rubber tires. Adding camber doesn't always help and can sometimes hurt the handling on rubber tires. On foam, it's a completely different story. For quick notes sake... raising the ball stud on the rear hub or front caster block increases camber gain. From testing, a .030 adjustment in height can yield as much as 1* of gain throughout suspension travel.

As far as the adjustments I made to your car at the Bowl... that track isn't exactly smooth like Blue Diamond. Your car almost had NO droop so the car didn't have the ability of transferring weight front to rear in an efficient manor. After adjusting that, the car should've been more controllable between off and on power cornering. On asphalt... try to keep the droop about 2-3mm above ride height front and rear.
Installed the camber links, and also took the time to install the sway bars (it's the next one down from the thickest one) front and rear. Between the two changes WHAT a difference. I've also adjusted droop to 2mm over ride height front and rear. It was stuck towards the beginning of the session, but the track got dusty and slick and i had to be really careful w/ the throttle to get the car not to dump over coming out of the corner. I'm not sure if it was the car or the track but there was a rooster tail of dust behind the car when i was going through the corners.

Do you have any suggestions for tuning w/ sway bars? Also is there somewhere i can go dig up some of this info or is it all in your head? I hate to keep bugging you w/ questions .
Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Installed the camber links, and also took the time to install the sway bars (it's the next one down from the thickest one) front and rear. Between the two changes WHAT a difference. I've also adjusted droop to 2mm over ride height front and rear. It was stuck towards the beginning of the session, but the track got dusty and slick and i had to be really careful w/ the throttle to get the car not to dump over coming out of the corner. I'm not sure if it was the car or the track but there was a rooster tail of dust behind the car when i was going through the corners.

Do you have any suggestions for tuning w/ sway bars? Also is there somewhere i can go dig up some of this info or is it all in your head? I hate to keep bugging you w/ questions .
The Jason Schreffler fee for answering questions is...........1 Huge ass bucket of KFC chicken/cole slaw/Potato wedges/Super jug of iced tea. Then he will answer all your questions.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Extra crispy or original?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sportpak
Extra crispy or original?
Original of course. He will also take a steak for answering questions too.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EViLSouL
The Jason Schreffler fee for answering questions is...........1 Huge ass bucket of KFC chicken/cole slaw/Potato wedges/Super jug of iced tea. Then he will answer all your questions.
Yeah you guys sure can tear through some chicken hahaha.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

There was some top secret testing going on at the Mushroombowl Speedway last night. Heres a sneak peak of what fuels Schreff.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-photo.jpg  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Adjusting ride height

Hey guys
When you adjust your ride height do you measure both the left and right side of the chassis or the center? If I measure both sides and get them at the same height my shock collars are really off...this isn't normal, is it?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey guys
When you adjust your ride height do you measure both the left and right side of the chassis or the center? If I measure both sides and get them at the same height my shock collars are really off...this isn't normal, is it?
You have to measure both sides of the chassis and the collars should be equal. You are inducing tweak with them drastically off like that, You should even the collars out then when you try to get ride height on one side, move both at the same time but do a little at a time. Another thing you may want to check is the length of the shock to make sure they are equal length left to right fully extended. I just went through this last weekend and it made a world of difference.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yeti35
You have to measure both sides of the chassis and the collars should be equal. You are inducing tweak with them drastically off like that, You should even the collars out then when you try to get ride height on one side, move both at the same time but do a little at a time. Another thing you may want to check is the length of the shock to make sure they are equal length left to right fully extended. I just went through this last weekend and it made a world of difference.
All 4 shocks are at 63.5mm. If i have this issue in the rear does it mean the tweak is coming from the front? When you say move them at the same time does that mean one goes up and one down until you get them the same?
thanks for the help

Last edited by nitrobeast; 06-22-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This question probably has been answered,just to lazy to check all the posts

What do you guys like for a lipo in the losi.I mean fit wise and access for the wiring.Thanks
Old 06-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im using Orion packs. They fit nice and I can make my wires the right length with 4mm bullets for connectors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.