Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all, I have what seems to be a HUGE dilemma. I destroyed my X1 today with a lick to the wall(Broken T-plate, Pod, and Damper tube), and I was trying to find a part number for the inner roll damper piston(the white plastic portion) that I shattered. Unfortunately, my parts listing shows the part with a code of BC18 w/o a number, accept for a small clover underneath it. (don't know if that means good luck finding one, lol).

I've looked on ebay, googled it, and looked on several other parts sites without any luck . Am I going to have to order an entire top deck plate from tamiya just to get this part, or does anybody know where I can just get the damper assembly by itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Howler
Hey all, I have what seems to be a HUGE dilemma. I destroyed my X1 today with a lick to the wall(Broken T-plate, Pod, and Damper tube), and I was trying to find a part number for the inner roll damper piston(the white plastic portion) that I shattered. Unfortunately, my parts listing shows the part with a code of BC18 w/o a number, accept for a small clover underneath it. (don't know if that means good luck finding one, lol).

I've looked on ebay, googled it, and looked on several other parts sites without any luck . Am I going to have to order an entire top deck plate from tamiya just to get this part, or does anybody know where I can just get the damper assembly by itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You mean this: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54331
Old 02-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ive done the same thing. the inner of the damper had a clean break, so i was able to glue it back together with some CA. after the glue has set, i used a file and took off the excess so that it would slide smooth and havent had any problems since.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will have to try that. Thank you for the quick reply. If anybody else has any info on replacements, please let me know, ty.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have seen that happen a few times; a broken t-plate causing the plastic damper to break as well. I would super glue it and hope for the best. I've never seen them sold seperately from the conversion
Old 02-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=F N CUDA;10312877]The screws are metric, AE may have it but not sure.

AE #4672
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

54331 is the only way to get this part (BC18) right now.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bummer. I've CA'd it back together. Hopefully it holds for a while. I'm going to look into milling some solid aluminum cores for this thing. I'm thinking that may be the ticket, other than hitting the wall at full pace, lol.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:36 AM
dfx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SquirrelCZE
I also wanted to ask... Our best F1 driver (Drives F104W) suggest me to remove F104 Pro's front axle and use the wolf's one (it's wider) and I also noticed that his car can drive much faster in turnings without sliding out... my F1 just can't handle the speed... (or I am bad with throttle...).
Is it usefull to change the front axle?
Yes, wide setup we've been discussing a few pages back. It should be faster in curves and more stable on straights.
For the wide setup You need F103 front axle, F103 front and rear tires (for example Xceed F103 tires available in CZE), 850 bearings for the front tires and 42mm rods for steering links.

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Absolutely, and this is my choice for running on asphalt/low grip surfaces.
Calms the steering down very noticeably.
When traction is high, I like the inline stock spindles for increased steering response tho.
+1 from me.
New Tamiya metal uprights could be the all in one solution...
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54357

Am I going to have to order an entire top deck plate from tamiya just to get this part, or does anybody know where I can just get the damper assembly by itself?
This could be the solution, when available...
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54342
Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

anybody got any pics of there f104x1 with the f103 front end put on it just wanna see how its done...thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Like this??

Originally Posted by theatriks
anybody got any pics of there f104x1 with the f103 front end put on it just wanna see how its done...thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-2376_0.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Like this??
Thanks but im actually looking for how people did it themselves to give me an idea ....thats a pic of the f104w gp which will come with all the necessary parts when u are converting your x1 to fit an 103 front end u dont necessarily have those perfect parts
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Aha
Can't help you there then.
Just got a F104W PRO.

regards Roy
Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theatriks
Thanks but im actually looking for how people did it themselves to give me an idea ....thats a pic of the f104w gp which will come with all the necessary parts when u are converting your x1 to fit an 103 front end u dont necessarily have those perfect parts
It's so simple, as the picture of the F104WGP shows you just swap the parts over. Replace the arms with F103 arms, fit shorter kingpins if you want to use the smaller F103 wheels, and use longer turnbuckles.

F103 carbon reinforced arm, part number 54153
F103 kingpins, part number 50508
Then either 42mm turnbuckles and use F104 steering ball joints, or an F103 turnbuckle set. All the other parts used are the f104 parts.

If you need to work out how to do it, you can download an f104W manual here http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download...24wolf_wr1.pdf
Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by terry.sc
It's so simple, as the picture of the F104WGP shows you just swap the parts over. Replace the arms with F103 arms, fit shorter kingpins if you want to use the smaller F103 wheels, and use longer turnbuckles.

F103 carbon reinforced arm, part number 54153
F103 kingpins, part number 50508
Then either 42mm turnbuckles and use F104 steering ball joints, or an F103 turnbuckle set. All the other parts used are the f104 parts.

If you need to work out how to do it, you can download an f104W manual here http://www.tamiya.com/japan/download...24wolf_wr1.pdf
Well my concern is more with servo mounting ...ive got mine facing up to eliviate bump steer ....do i need to remount mount it because the height of the f103 front end seems lower....and is there any camber adjustement with the f103 front end?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.