Like Tree73Likes

Ask Team Tekin

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcadic
Question guys

I have tekin rs and I want to run 10.5 mod. Is any of you guys have a good tekin set up, I'm using 2012 Xray, on mid traction outdoor asphalt,

Thanks
It would help to know the size of the track.

Hara's 11.5 setup esc wise is a good place to start, aggressive though so watch motor temps while you find the right gearing for your track and layout:

http://teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetu..._11.5_v212.pdf
Old 08-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Which 5.0T is it? You don't mention and with what esc?
5.0 reedy sonic , rs pro, low traction outdoor asphalt
Thsnks
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default set up

Randy or any other Team Tekin Driver,
What would be a good starting point for the RX8 esc? I was using an LRP SXX TC, stock set up, 11-12 pinion, in a Losi SCTE, on a 100x60 mid to high bite clay, indoor, currently using a Novak 4.5 motor. Using the LRP, i was lacking a little speed on the straight.

Let me know and thanks for any info...

Bigz
Old 08-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default speed control and motor issues Help PLease

Hey Tekin
I run a rx8 speedo and a sct4x motor in my losi sct ten
I have run it for 5 or so big races and no issues when at my recent race it started to make a cogging noise and starting and stoping. I took it off and ran it in the next qually and seemed fine and then did it again. Third time it was just flashing first 2 and last 2 lites on the speedo, according to the sheet it means wrong motor? what could be the problem hopefully you guys can help.

"no go in Calgary"
Old 08-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by liteweight
5.0 reedy sonic , rs pro, low traction outdoor asphalt
Thsnks
Start out in sensored only mode, 20 boost, 0 motor timing, 10k start, 35k end rpm...find your gearing while checking lap times and motor temp.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Bigz84
Randy or any other Team Tekin Driver,
What would be a good starting point for the RX8 esc? I was using an LRP SXX TC, stock set up, 11-12 pinion, in a Losi SCTE, on a 100x60 mid to high bite clay, indoor, currently using a Novak 4.5 motor. Using the LRP, i was lacking a little speed on the straight.

Let me know and thanks for any info...

Bigz
Use this SC4x setup on your novak:

http://teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetu...pbell_v223.pdf
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by goatman
Hey Tekin
I run a rx8 speedo and a sct4x motor in my losi sct ten
I have run it for 5 or so big races and no issues when at my recent race it started to make a cogging noise and starting and stoping. I took it off and ran it in the next qually and seemed fine and then did it again. Third time it was just flashing first 2 and last 2 lites on the speedo, according to the sheet it means wrong motor? what could be the problem hopefully you guys can help.

"no go in Calgary"
Try another known good motor. If the code is still displayed and you know you're on a brushless motor type, you may need esc repair.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

not sure if this is the right place for this. I have a Tekin FXR in a crawler, and it is not working. As soon as I move forward or backward within 2 seconds or so, it stops working. The servo keeps working but I can't move forward or back. I believe all the lights come on, but they are very dim. Is this thing jacked up or am I just being dumb?? And if this is in the wrong place please let me know or move it. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Team Tekin

Dim leds can indicate a BEC load pulling down the voltage. Try to drive it without the servo plugged in. Might also try a different receiver to cover all the bases before it has to be sent in. You can also plug the throttle into the steering channel on the receiver and drive it with wheel to see if it is a bad channel.

All this assumes you are using the BEC and not a seperate BEC unit.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Dim leds can indicate a BEC load pulling down the voltage. Try to drive it without the servo plugged in. Might also try a different receiver to cover all the bases before it has to be sent in. You can also plug the throttle into the steering channel on the receiver and drive it with wheel to see if it is a bad channel.

All this assumes you are using the BEC and not a seperate BEC unit.
Originally I had a cc bec connected to it, but it was not working so I removed it. I swapped out the receiver as that was my first thought. And even while connected to the steering channel with nothing connected, when I turn the wheel on the transmitter the lights light up with how I am moving but stop after 2 to 5 seconds and nothing else will happen. I wanted to make sure the motor wasn't the problem either so I disconnected it from the esc and same results. And just incase for good measure I connect a hh br xl and it all works fine. This FXR is brand new just installed it, I have one in a different vehicle and it works great so I was surprised when this one did not.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Team Tekin

Always worth trying to update the software. We are releasing a new software for the FxR shortly. We have been giving out beta software for testing and all looks good.

It may just be broke It happens... and we take care of it best we can
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Always worth trying to update the software. We are releasing a new software for the FxR shortly. We have been giving out beta software for testing and all looks good.

It may just be broke It happens... and we take care of it best we can
I believe it still connects with the tekin hot wire and takes a program, just doesn't make the vehicle move.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone!

Where can i find Tekin rs pro setups for 1/12 scale 1s lipo 13.5 stock class? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by tjompa
Hi everyone!

Where can i find Tekin rs pro setups for 1/12 scale 1s lipo 13.5 stock class? Thanks in advance.
http://teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetu..._13.5_v212.pdf
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Randy! This will be tested tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.