Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chris O'donnell ceo power mods is a ripp off

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Try snail mail. I tried to get a hold of him for weeks by voicemail and email with no luck. So I sent him an old fashioned letter asking him to return my engine even if it wasn't done yet and that seemed to work and I got it back about a week later.

If you don't need to have your engine modded and you need it back, that might be a idea to try. You can get the address on the contact section of his website.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well thats good that you at least got your motor back even if it took the snail mail to get it done
Old 11-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I originally talked to Chris on the phone back in September. A buddy of mine has used him in the past multiple times with success. That being said..... he told me about his mods and when I asked him about turnaround time he said approx 2 days after he receives it. I sent him a NEW GRP .21 AND a Rex P5. (as he stated he will only work on new engines from now on) plus the $200 labor & return shipping charges. I sent it priority with tracking and insurance on 09/23. USPS delivery confirmation shows he received it on 10/07. I needed those engines for 2 big races in my area, but guess what..... another story like the ones above. Multiple phone calls and emails later with no response, seven weeks later and no engines or any explanation of any kind. The excuse of being ill or family issue could possibly be understandable, however people stated in this very thread how he's still showing up at the race track. If you've got time for that, you've got time to return an email or at least put a message on your answering machine that keeps taking my calls so I have some form of peace of mind regarding the aprrox $800 I'm out of....
Old 11-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

that sucks the big one for real
Old 12-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tony899
Try snail mail. I tried to get a hold of him for weeks by voicemail and email with no luck. So I sent him an old fashioned letter asking him to return my engine even if it wasn't done yet and that seemed to work and I got it back about a week later.

If you don't need to have your engine modded and you need it back, that might be a idea to try. You can get the address on the contact section of his website.
Well, now I've tried that too.... sent a certified letter 2 weeks ago, tracking shows he received it 2 days later. Still no engines or reply, and his answering machine inbox is full and wont take any more messages. It's not looking so good for me. Can anyone that knows this guy help me please???
Old 12-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Still nothing from Chris......anybody got any info on this guy???
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

him and Doug RC bodz must be in it together.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadRussian
There is NO defense for what he has done. I dont care if he is dying, he should not have accepted teh engines if he was not able to do teh work. Period.
I HATE crooks, and I own a business. I would NEVER let something like that happen.
And yes, if I was dying I would damn sure come on here and apoligize.
NO EXCUSE
I agree with MadRussian, If the guy is sick or has family emergencies then he should stop accepting work from his customers. If he is unable to do the work then he needs to send the engines back to the people and be honest with them and let them know he is unable to do the work. If he is going to continue to blow these people off and not return their property finished or not he needs to close up his business.

Hopefully he will get the same treatment from companies he does business with so that he can see what it's like.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by moto431
Some of you guys are heartless. I know it must be frustrating not having your engine to run your toy car, but come on. Im not standing up for Chris, ive been in the exact same situation with having to wait and get my motors back from him. But if he, his wife, son, or whoever is close to him is sick then his business comes 2nd. I know it would for me. There will always be motors to mod but you cant bring someone back once they are gone. Im sure he will make everything right in the long run.
This is not only about motors dude... he has taken payment for his services as well and still continues to avoid these people. It's called "No Morals"! Regardless of his situation I bet Chris could take just 'one' day and package up these motors, finished or not and enclose a money order as a refund for the unfinished and send them back to the owners. This would be such a huge gesture that I bet he could have saved his reputation in doing so. Additionally, imagine the self gratification he could have by just doing the right thing and tending to the commitments he has willingly gotten himself into. Just be considerate of these people that have trusted you with their personal property as well as hard earned cash. Grow a spine and make good on your commitments otherwise you will see the same come your way in due time.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Who knows, maybe he's living off their money.

Family is first, no matter what. But, it would only take a few minutes to email these people and/or 15 minutes to ship them back with a refund.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Prophet

whens your race t4ftracer ? i can let you borrow some of my race engines if you take very good care of them
monty

pm me for details
Old 12-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
whens your race t4ftracer ? i can let you borrow some of my race engines if you take very good care of them
monty

pm me for details
Thank you Monty, that is very generous of you to offer. However, the races I was referring to have since passed.
It is now coming up on 4 months Chris has had my engines. I wouldn't even mind if he kept the money I sent at this point, I just want my engines back!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Let me guess John recommend him....
Old 12-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by t4ftracer
Thank you Monty, that is very generous of you to offer. However, the races I was referring to have since passed.
It is now coming up on 4 months Chris has had my engines. I wouldn't even mind if he kept the money I sent at this point, I just want my engines back!
i was never impressed with chris's attitudes at the races , i am very surprised philip atondo still runs/ran his engines . does not conduct himself like an adult
Old 12-28-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Let me guess John recommend him....
...unfortunately, yes. Sad part is John got like 5 or 6 engines from him. I send him 2 and apparently will never see them again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.