Like Tree2Likes

3Racing Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
if someone has made zero S to xi could they post info & pics
So I got the car as a fairly hopped up Zero, alloy bulk heads, CF upper etc.

It was still running the standard zero s lower, and the plastic layshaft mount (although it had the v2mm, the owner had ordered the one for the zero).

Currently, the car is running all the zero hop ups with the exclusions of: Lower deck, rear arms, rear bulk head cover, front and rear towers and motor mount. These are all from (or for) the XI.

The car is using the front alu bulk head cover on the rear, with the XI front and rear towers in standard height. Instead of using the narrow rear suspension mounts, the car is using XI rear arms with the standard alu suspension mounts.

The only modification you need to make at all is the motor mount root arm hole, and its dependant on which motor mount you use.

If you use a zero or zero s lower deck, with a XI motor mount, you need to move the motor mount root arm hole REAWARD by 3mm. If you use an XI lower deck with a zero or zero s motor mount, you need to move the motor mount root arm hole FORWARD 3mm. If you use the right mount with the right deck, then its all good.

Only other area to watch is if your using the Zero/s bulk heads then you need to use the zero/s top deck. If you use the XI bulk heads, then you need to use the XI topdeck. Also, the XI bulk head covers do not fit the zero/s bulk heads and visa versa.

Other then that, everything is interchangeable.

Hybrid with XI Lower, and XI v2 MM. This is great for blinky, no gearing restriction. I did need to file a little off the motor mount to prevent it tweaking the top deck, the zero bulk heads may be slightly lower then the XI, I've never measured though.

XI Lower and XI v2mm, you can see where the hole is moved to accept the zero/s motor mount.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NorthCentral RC
What is a good starting setup for a smaller carpet road course track in a 17.5 rubber class? I have been out of tc for a while and could use a good starting point. Also, what tires would be good?

Wow! Either no wants to help you out, or they haven't figured out how to make the car handle!!

Good luck!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Or that question has been asked several times already and the answer is already in this thread. Read the first 30 posts. Start with an FDR of 4.0 and adjust from there.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HU is OK
Wow! Either no wants to help you out, or they haven't figured out how to make the car handle!!

Good luck!
Didn't see you offer any input either.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NorthCentral RC
What is a good starting setup for a smaller carpet road course track in a 17.5 rubber class? I have been out of tc for a while and could use a good starting point. Also, what tires would be good?
40 wt shock oil all shocks
1 degree camber all wheels
1 degree toe out front
3 degrees toe in rear
6.5 springs rear
5.0 springs front
Lightest sway bar rear
stiffest sway bar front
front spool
80wt shock oil rear diff (I prefer the ball diff)
high roll center front
mid to low roll center rear
3mm droop rear
2.5 mm droop front
5 to 5.5 mm ride height
use sweep 32 or jaco blue for tires
full traction compound rear inner half tire on the front

this should get you started in the ball park.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
40 wt shock oil all shocks
1 degree camber all wheels
1 degree toe out front
3 degrees toe in rear
6.5 springs rear
5.0 springs front
Lightest sway bar rear
stiffest sway bar front
front spool
80wt shock oil rear diff (I prefer the ball diff)
high roll center front
mid to low roll center rear
3mm droop rear
2.5 mm droop front
5 to 5.5 mm ride height
use sweep 32 or jaco blue for tires
full traction compound rear inner half tire on the front

this should get you started in the ball park.
^^ This being a more advanced setup, or the out of the box setup. Generally the out of the box setup is going to be rather a neutral setup on all surfaces, and a good place to start from.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 145 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time figuring out what I can gear my zero s. It has the vertical engine mount and has the 80t spur gear. Is there a smaller spur I can put in that will be an easy swap? I am planning on running in the 13.5 class.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

I've got a 70T spur on mine (#3RAC-SG4870) with a 39T pinion, which gives a 3.59FDR (19T center pulleys). Looks like a 40T pinion might fit.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Im running a 78 robinson racing spur and a 39 pinion. With 19T center pullys which gives you an FDR of 4.0. They are 64 pitch gears
Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi,

I'm after people's opinion is it worth getting ssk driveshaft front and rear?

Is the front and back end both 46mm length?

Cheers in advance

Last edited by Rc-bear; 06-19-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rc-bear
Hi,

I'm after people's opinion is it worth getting ssk driveshaft front and rear?

Is the front and back end both 44mm length?

Cheers in advance
Front - Yes
Rear - No

The rear driveshafts don't experience the same angles as the front ones do, the SSK shafts are designed to eliminate "chattering" & vibrations when the front wheels turn during tight corners.
That being said I'm getting a set of ssk shafts for my car this weekend, am interested to see the difference in handling etc.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanx for that rob, can I put the stock universals in the rear?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi everyone. i am just getting in on this touring car so forgive me if i dont feel like reading almost 200 pages of past history. I know how to search but couldnt come up with a decent answer about what i wanted to know.

I have been into rc stuff for a little over twenty years. the first kit i bought was a tamiya grasshopper and the next was a rc10t back in 91 or 92. i still have that 10t and it works great with a brushless motor. this sakura is my first tenth scale car. I had a hpi mirco but never ran it anywhere except my garage and driveway. I am planning to get into the local hobbytown racing circuit with this sakura. i am planning to start as novice, then 21.5t, then 17.5t and see how i and the car performs. i am planning to just start the car stock and upgrade as needed or as things break.

I just ordered the kit yesterday and everything to run it but have not recieved it. coming from china, it probably wont be here for awhile.

My first question is about the tires that are included with the kit. the local track is asphalt. with the stock tires be adequate for asphalt? what tires are good for that surface? i dont even know what size tires and rims i need to upgrade. that would be nice to know also.

thanks

TTS
Old 06-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok here is another question. the kit comes with 48P gears right. why does the gearing chart show 64P and why would people change.

soory complete noobie here to on road cars

thanks

TTS
Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttsquirrel
h
My first question is about the tires that are included with the kit. the local track is asphalt. with the stock tires be adequate for asphalt? what tires are good for that surface? i dont even know what size tires and rims i need to upgrade. that would be nice to know also.
TTS
The kit supplied tires, inserts and rims are fine for running outdoors, but if you are racing then I recommend Sorex 32R or for really hot days Sorex 36R slicks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.