Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default www.kinetixrc.com

www.kinetixrc.com

I emailed them, hope they get back to me.

I was in dealings with MDI about some parts...then they just dissapear off the face of the earth.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kevin K: I'm sure I wouldn't be. I haven't owned a Schumacher that I wasn't happy with. And I owned every version except the Axis2 and still have a AxisPro.I just want to see what Corally comes up with before I decide.

As for the 3000HV cells.....I'll stick with my normal charging methods for now. The producers of my packs reccomend charging at 5A, and thats about what I usually charge at, so I'll stick with that....

....for now!
Old 02-11-2002, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So Kevin, DId Timmy get a ride from Schumacher>?? Cause I saw a pic of him with a Mission and a Schumacher shirt? lol
Old 02-11-2002, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes, he is sponsored by them now. He should be one for everybody to watch out for being only 13 years old and being as good as he is.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:44 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I want to congradulate Ron on his TQ and Win in 19 turn and 5ht place in stock. And to Timmy on his great runs. This kid is going to be something special if he keeps up his hard work at the track as well as off the track.

I wish Paul could have had a better run in Mod but theres always next time. It was nice to finally put a face with all the names and voices I talk to when I call Schumacher. Who knows...maybe I can make it out to Cali for the Nats and build some more of that awsome horsepower for the team!!

Eric Anderson
Old 02-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

_neas_

I am sure you have email from Les, as I know he has a package for you. They did not disappear, but did have an issue with the web provider being hacked, and wiping the server. The new site will be up soon.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Snowbirds/MdiRacing Website

Special THANKS!!! to Adrian and Paul from Schumacher USA for helping out so much at the Snowbirds this past week. Their help in getting to the right set-up quicker was invaluable. Track time was at a limit for practice since the number of entries was huge.

Thanks to all of our customers that called the shop when they didn't hear from us via email. Our intent was to post our schedule and plans of attending the Snowbirds on our website. As many of you found out, our site was down and has been down for over a week now. It's being corrected finally. The problem was with our hosting providers servers and we weren't receiving all of our emails either. The host has been great and I will recommend them to anyone needing hosting...they are more than taking care of us in this problem. Anyway, to all who didn't hear from us, we did have staff in the shop during normal hours to pass the word.

We learned a lot at the Snowbirds and are looking forward to next year. Our shining moment was probably winning the Losi Super Stock Concours event (I didn't even know they were having it). I won a nice plaque from Losi as well as a Bill Elliot replica body signed by "Awsome Bill from Dawsonville" himself. Truth be told - I ran the heats with a friend/customer's XXX-S because he didn't want to race the class. Throughout all the heats I couldn't get the car to handle at all. For the main I cut out new post holes to fit the MISSION. I had the best car out there and went from last to challenging for the B-Main win within 4 laps or so. I was UN-intentionally knocked off the track by mistake - the guy actually came over and apologized realizing it cost the win...and still managed to crawl back up to second and close to the leader. It was great fun to say the least. I wish I had run my Mission the whole time!!! Maybe if the Losi car came with the short shock shafts as stock items (since it's supposed to be a race kit) I may have been able to get it lower to the ground and handling better. No local shop had them at the event. Oh well...

Watch for us at the Florida State series races.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Well all looks good from this side of the us

Unfortunatly, I have been unable to make it to the track lately, due to the fact that I have been bussy, 2 jobby jobs makes it hard to race... but with any luck I will be at socal in a couple weeks, I will be out there with my shcumacher, and winning. I havent made a b main sence I got my car, it is consistant...

on a side note has anybody els had a problem with thier shocktowers comming lose?

krazy it has only happened once, but it threw my tweak all off, head scratcher
Old 02-12-2002, 12:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have not had a problem with the shock tower coming loose. However, I have noticed that it's particularly tough getting that one screw tightened down all the way. This is both good and bad I think. It's great as long as it's tightened down and it's easily accomplished using the Pozi screwdriver that Schumacher offers to fit those screws perfectly or by using a quality driver from HUDY. I haven't tried any others, just those. You need a good biting tip though because those Pozi screws aren't just any old standard philips-head screws. I prefer that the kit comes with these Pozi scews rather than the allen-head screws some kit's come with. Here's why: most people and customers I know of don't buck up to a nice set of R/C tools until it's too late. Most will simply just use the little L-shaped allen wrenches until their fingers bleed, screws are stripped and the tools are ruined. At least with the Pozi screws that come on the Mission, as long as you have a good biting philips or Pozi driver tool - easily acquired - you should be just fine in assembling the kit.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
Kevin K: I'm sure I wouldn't be. I haven't owned a Schumacher that I wasn't happy with. And I owned every version except the Axis2 and still have a AxisPro.I just want to see what Corally comes up with before I decide.

As for the 3000HV cells.....I'll stick with my normal charging methods for now. The producers of my packs reccomend charging at 5A, and thats about what I usually charge at, so I'll stick with that....

....for now!
Darkseid, go to the Pro Match Racing website and print the instructions Jeff has for taking care of the HV's. They have been doing a lot of testing and have come up with a great way to keep the power and gain that oh-so-critical punch needed for stock and spec motor racing. Trust me, you will be very pleased after a couple of cycles. I've been running Jeff's stuff for about a year now, and I couldn't be happier... hope this helps bro
Old 02-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just to quickly add to that - I only run Pro-Match batteries and motors when I'm allowed to have a choice. With every other brand I never really know what I'm getting. Pro-Match has always been right-on and always has had the best customer service. On top of all that, I know I'm not paying for a huge ad campaign like you do when you buy Trinity or other matched batteries.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Regional Moderator

BigdogRacing: cool, I'll check it out. Since I'm new to the NiMH batteries I'll take any advice I can get, as long as its not too radical. I'm not on an unlimited budget like some people, so all that deadshorting, 10A charging, and throw your packs in a bag and toss them on ice stuff isn't going to happen with me.

I will check it out though and see what they have to say. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:26 AM
Regional Moderator

BigDogRacing: I just checked out the ProMatch page. Thanks for the link, it was very informative. Best of all, I could tell the people were being honest about their feelings toward the whole HV vs. SMH issue. No bias detected.

I'll put what I learned there to good use.

Thanks again
Old 02-12-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Les is alive

Les is alive...I thought he dissapeared on me

You got mail Les.
-Sean
Old 02-12-2002, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pictures and setup for the winning Mission

If you want to see pictures of the winning Mission in 19t Rubber at the Snowbirds, then please visit http://www.kinetixrc.com, setup sheet is on the way as well, it is the news article in the upper left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.