Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:36 AM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default gear

So my friend you mean that the chart works IF I WOULD MODIFY the chassis and the gear cover.

Or I can use the chart without any modifications?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oME
So my friend you mean that the chart works IF I WOULD MODIFY the chassis and the gear cover.

Or I can use the chart without any modifications?
I wrote:
The chart works, you can only use the combinations maked A,B,C or D unless you modify your chassis and gear cover and motor mount.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kavadni
I would suggest that you purchase Tamiya 53552 (52T F201 spur gear)
Robinson Pinions (http://www.robinsonracing.com/) in 26T,27T, and 28T. They sell them at RCPlanet.
Kevin
Trying to get the final drive ratio into the 5.3 to 5.5 range. I'm running TCS GT-3 so I have to use Tamiya parts except for the pinion which can be other brands.

Since I have the 55T spur I want a 26T or 27T 48P metric pinion, however Robinson's web site says they stop at 24T, and RCPlanet search has Robinson 26T 48P but I doubt it's metric, and nothing that searches "metric pinion".

I doubt that the 52T spur will work since the 25T is already uses the smallest motor position for the 55T.

So, without making anything custom, does anybody make a 26T or 27T 48P Metric Pinion?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

For the TCS races I run Mini, but since I don't like to sit through 2 days of racing and only race 4 times I like to also run a sedan class.

Last year I bought a TA05 and hopped it up with everything that made it better (not the bling upgrades) and broke in every run (by the way it wasn't my driving, it was just bad luck stuff). Spent way too much $, sold it for a loss.

This year I decided to go as cheap as I can and to make part of the fun to keep it as stock as reasonable. I went to Tower and bought the cheapest sedan Tamiya makes (TT-01 Enzo) for $90, got a $20 off code, bought $20 in bearings, got the 55T spur and 25T pinion, came with an ESC, added servo/receiver I had laying around and for for $100 built the car.

I've been testing it at the Aliso Viejo track and I'll have to say this is a suprisingly well handling car! The fixed toe, camber, plastic drive shaft and dogbones, gear diffs, fixed steering mechanism, and friction shocks are very capable. Slight bounce with the friction shocks, but it's minor and on this track isn't happering performance. Wish I could drop the ride height without having to go to oil shocks. Put Tamiya anti-wear grease in the front diff to stiffen it up and it handles sharp. After a while I put a 27T stock P2K2 to shack out any handling issues and it ran great until the Tamiya stock esc overheated - back to the silver can.

When I was running the TA05 the best final drive ratio for a silver can at Aliso Viejo was around 5.4, and so I'm hoping I can get my current 5.7 into that range. I think with the 5.4 range the car will compete perfectly well in GT-3 against the far more "capable" and expensive cars.

Sorry for the long winded story, but don't let people make fun of the TT-01; it is an amazing well balanced car. Today I was able to hang well or beat far more "capable" and expensive cars. With a better gear ratio I'm really liking this car.

I'm now a TT-01 fan!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default pinions

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
Trying to get the final drive ratio into the 5.3 to 5.5 range. I'm running TCS GT-3 so I have to use Tamiya parts except for the pinion which can be other brands.

Since I have the 55T spur I want a 26T or 27T 48P metric pinion, however Robinson's web site says they stop at 24T, and RCPlanet search has Robinson 26T 48P but I doubt it's metric, and nothing that searches "metric pinion".

I doubt that the 52T spur will work since the 25T is already uses the smallest motor position for the 55T.

So, without making anything custom, does anybody make a 26T or 27T 48P Metric Pinion?
http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalo...tchpinion.html list the pinions up to 35 teeth in two types and 28 teeth in other types.

The 52 tooth spur will only work with 28-31 teeth pinions.

So yes you need to find pinions first.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Pinion_Gears_s/734.htm Lists them all.

Whether it's metric or not, even if the two terms 48p and metric should be used in the same sentence is debatable .. "metric .. 48 teeth per inch" .. I can not emphaticly say if it is or not.

Check out the 48pitch,64pitch thread for a discussion of pinions and pitch.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

arrgg....anyway i gonna sell my TT01D

miss my car soon ....
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pinions - Tobee Craft

There is also TOBEE CRAFT.
http://www3.kcn.ne.jp/~tobee/English.htm
http://www3.kcn.ne.jp/~tobee/PINIONGIYA%20english.htm

I have never bought from here. I have seen product listed at Rainbow RC.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

kavadni, thanks for your comments;

1) I have also been baffled why if it's 48p then why is it called Metric? However, I notice that the 20T "standard gear" and Tamiya's 20T Metric 0.6 gear are slightly different sizes so I'm suspicious that they are actually interchangeable. Do you have experience that they are compatible? Thanks.

2) thanks for the Tobeecraft link. Their web site isn't "buy it now" or "ship it quick" friendly; I'll do some searching for an American supplier.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gears

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
kavadni, thanks for your comments;

1) I have also been baffled why if it's 48p then why is it called Metric? However, I notice that the 20T "standard gear" and Tamiya's 20T Metric 0.6 gear are slightly different sizes so I'm suspicious that they are actually interchangeable. Do you have experience that they are compatible? Thanks.

Thanks!
Tamiya 49230 is sold packaged as 0.6 27T pinion, it's a part for the TA04 which is marketed with 0.6 83T spur. It definetely meshes on TA05s which are sold with AV gears.

I found this in another gear thread here:
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128479
- The standard gears that come with the Tamiya TA05 are the AV range which are sometimes refrred to as 06 pitch.

This explains why hopups for the TA04 are listed as AV gears when it's suppled with 0.6 module.

Kevin
Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Smile gear

Kevin

Pls suggest me what gear I should use based on the video this is our race track here in the philippines. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ddsit6k0u8I
Old 01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oME
Kevin
Pls suggest me what gear I should use based on the video this is our race track here in the philippines. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ddsit6k0u8I
Cars look like they are going pretty fast for a silver can, but the course looks pretty technical.
Depends on what motor: if it's a 27T stock motor then I'd say final drive ratio around 7.0 so I'd say the 22 pinion and 61 spur or the 22 pinion and the 58 spur; with a silver can I go in the mid to low 6's so the 58 spur with a 24T or 25T pinion.
Adjust with how other racers run and the heat of your ESC/Motor.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oME
Kevin

oME see pm too.
I f you want to have a faster top speed, then go one tooth larger on the pinion. Step up until fast enough. Watch your motor temperature.

Kevin
Old 01-29-2008, 12:20 AM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default gear

Originally Posted by kavadni
oME see pm too.
I f you want to have a faster top speed, then go one tooth larger on the pinion. Step up until fast enough. Watch your motor temperature.

Kevin
Kevin

I have tried the FDR 5.30 which is tamiya 28 pinion gear and the tamiya 25 spur gear for TT01 it doesn't work I have followed the screw patterns as well. By the way is it applicable for the silver can motor? Do I have to make any modifications or whatever?

Thanks

Rommel
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Does anybody know the size of the bearings that fit on the propeller shaft joints? I know they are the same size as the bearings in the knuckles aswell..
Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OME

use 55/25 spur/pinion gears. This should give you around 5.7 fdr. This may not be enough for racing those cars running silver cans at JPRaceway; they are using ratios below 5.

If you have the extra cash, get a used cyclone or 415 from the local buy/sell thread and use that for racing silver cans. Keep the TT01 for TAC which shouild be starting soon.

Drift Demon : 1150 bearings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.