RB C6 Rick Brake Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RBMods

Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A group of guy's in my area lived by RB mods a few years ago. They are saying his work has fallen off as well. One guy went to replace the piston and sleeve in one engine. When he removed the sleeve he noticed it did not have the same ports as the one he was putting in. There's no telling how many of his customers he did like that. Most don't disassemble their engines after they send them off. The drag racers in my area have sent him engines to mod. In some cases he cut too much. the engines started but ran like ish. The new line up of engines that are coming out now are just to advanced for him. He's old news now. AB modds is a good one to use. That guy mods 1:1 engines for a living.
I ran the L2G C6 modded by him ran excellent for me never a problem. The 2045 pipe is a top end pipe so don't expect massive torque from it.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick B
Now as for the guy in AR. I don't think a one knows how to tune. I have seen so much crap come from that area I don't even want to work on there engine any longer. My mods have come a long way in the last 30 years and I still R&D to this day and if anyone has a problem all they have to do is call me instead of flaming someone on the forums. I was modding engines be for computers. To add to this I modded a engine for a guy in Mo and I watched him break it in. Idled one tank through it and took it out ripping up and down the track I knew it wouldn't last long. Sleeve pinching is guess work and I wish I had a dollar for everytime I had one come back over pinched for others before I bought my setup. The remedy is to send it back and let me resize it. Turn the piston round and resize the sleeve to the piston. Sometime the sleeves and piston get out of round. As of 6 months ago I'm turning the pistons if needed and resizing to them.
whos flaming??? dudes are just voicing their opinions/experiences. if the praise was all good would that be flaming?? soon as sumbody makes a statement that isnt taken well yall start acting like chics. you cant please ery body just make sure u stay on ur A game and u wont have to worry bout getting flamed

Last edited by Jusleanit; 03-15-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
whos flaming??? dudes are just voicing their opinions/experinces. if the praise was all good would that be flaming?? soon as sumbody makes a statement that isnt taken well yall start acting like chics. you cant please ery body just make sure u stay on ur A game and u wont have to worry bout getting flamed
You can call a person can't you?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jusleanit speaks the truth. No one around here running an RB mod will line up with a AB mod. If you find this to be untrue just ask Kgombe. Several challenges have been extended to him. He wanted no part in it. After reading this thread I now know why. You might want to stick with the 3.3.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I guess someone called ya before I did !!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Just calm down guys. This is not the end of the world. Just look at all the good I do. No other modifier R&D like I do and invent. I can tell you I have the fastest engine out, I hold 3 out of the 4 Nationals drag racing this year. and they run cooler and have longer run times. If someone has a problem with me they should call me and lets have a talk. I promise not to treat you like your unwanted and will do what ever I can to make you happy. If I pinch a sleeve to tight just call me it can be rectified. It's a guessing game if the engine is not here in front of me to test and even a .001 can make a difference. All I'm asking is to call me and talk to me like a man. I answer the phone 7 days a week from 9 to 9.
If your driving and tuning sucks I would never come here and post that.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

a buddy of mine bought one of your engines a while back it was a brand new s7 broke it in properly as you would all nova's,rb's then shortly after @ 2 gallons in the motor lost all compression. Now I will say this for it's short lived life the motor was a beast and was only getting faster..until... Heck his og one that he ran for 7 gallons when he sent you that one still lasted for another 5-6 gallons before he stopped running it and yours only lasted 2 what's up with that?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just calm down guys. This is not the end of the world. Just look at all the good I do. No other modifier R&D like I do and invent. I can tell you I have the fastest engine out, I hold 3 out of the 4 Nationals drag racing this year. and they run cooler and have longer run times. If someone has a problem with me they should call me and lets have a talk. I promise not to treat you like your unwanted and will do what ever I can to make you happy. If I pinch a sleeve to tight just call me it can be rectified. It's a guessing game if the engine is not here in front of me to test and even a .001 can make a difference. All I'm asking is to call me and talk to me like a man. I answer the phone 7 days a week from 9 to 9.
If your driving and tuning sucks I would never come here and post that.
............smh
Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
a buddy of mine bought one of your engines a while back it was a brand new s7 broke it in properly as you would all nova's,rb's then shortly after @ 2 gallons in the motor lost all compression. Now I will say this for it's short lived life the motor was a beast and was only getting faster..until... Heck his og one that he ran for 7 gallons when he sent you that one still lasted for another 5-6 gallons before he stopped running it and yours only lasted 2 what's up with that?
Once again I can't tell you because no one has called or sent the engine in for me to see. 1000's of reasons why something like that would happen . Everything from a hair line cracked case to a loose head to a failed bearing. All I'm saying it is not the end of the world and I'm a big enough man to tell you the truth if i screwed it up. Most unlikely though.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

well what do you think would cause premature compression loss? or at least a major reason I don't expect all 1000 of em
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Too lean? Just sayin.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Too lean? Just sayin.
naw that wasn't it...ran it @ around 200 during the whole process max temp had to have been 210

we broke it in the same way he broke in his non-modded one
Old 03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
well what do you think would cause premature compression loss? or at least a major reason I don't expect all 1000 of em
Could be a hair line crack in the case or a bad seal around the carb or a seal on the front bearing. If you play in the dirt the seals don't last more then a gallon, When the seal starts to go the engine will stay at a high idle for a moment until the crank case fills back up with fuel the return to idle. Think about it Hot, dirty, greasy and when the seal get's worn all that dust get's by and traps inside of the bearing race and balls. It only get's worse from there. It takes your crank out first because of harmonics then the rod and all the time when this is happening it's scraping the side of your sleeve between the piston. Now comparing it to a stock engine you have to realize your spinning up to 10,000 more rpm on the top side. If I had it in front of me I could tell you exactly what happend. Some of my drivers have over 28 gallons on theirs RB's.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Could be a hair line crack in the case or a bad seal around the carb or a seal on the front bearing. If you play in the dirt the seals don't last more then a gallon, When the seal starts to go the engine will stay at a high idle for a moment until the crank case fills back up with fuel the return to idle. Think about it Hot, dirty, greasy and when the seal get's worn all that dust get's by and traps inside of the bearing race and balls. It only get's worse from there. It takes your crank out first because of harmonics then the rod and all the time when this is happening it's scraping the side of your sleeve between the piston. If I had it in front of me I could tell you exactly what happend. Some of my drivers have over 28 gallons on theirs RB's.
hmm interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.