Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6 Rick Brake Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
I live in Arkansas and have used Rick Brake Mod motors and all i can say is i would NOT get one. His work is not as good as it was years back a lot of guys at My track have Quit using him over the last year his work has went DOWN HILL BAD. If i was gone to get a new MOD motor i would give Mark of www.PowerHouseRCPerformance.com you can talk to him on the ColdFusion-Powerhouse Thread.

If you need more INFO on Rick Brake's work PM me and i will let you know some more but i am not gone to Bad Mouth him in a Thread.
Agree 100% Had too learn the hard way! Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I've ran several RB modded motors over the last couple years. P5's, B7's, and a C6. Never had a problem with any of them. Still run a P5 and the B7. Maybe I got lucky. The C6 ran the best on the 2045/192 setup in my opinion. I've tried the 086, 053, 2013, and a 2060.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Same here, I've ran Nova P5's and the C6 from Rick with awesome results. He has always done great work for us over the last 3 years with alot of help thru that time. The C6 I run as mentioned with the 2045/192 header and it was ballistic with over 10 minute tanks. I struggle to think he is doing any less than before.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

engine worked great for 2 gallons. sent in for repairs. Problem is I paid for certain parts that were not installed. Kept my old part to fix and resell. My parts,my money! I do not pay for recondition parts when he charged me new.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

And your not the only one to have this happen to them bigmatt.

I have seen him pinch a motor that only had 1 1/2 gallons on it when it did not need pinched at all it was just getting good and broke in and starting to drop its balls and run like an RB should run.

The guy was new to Rc and did not know that it did not needed pinched and rick done it any way and the rod went out 3 days later and trashed the motor the guy was Pi$$ed and dose not like rick at all now.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

And your not the only one to have this happen to them bigmatt.

I have seen him pinch a motor that only had 1 1/2 gallons on it when it did not need pinched at all it was just getting good and broke in and starting to drop its balls and run like an RB should run.

The guy was new to Rc and did not know that it did not needed pinched and rick done it any way and the rod went out 3 days later and trashed the motor the guy was Pi$$ed and dose not like rick at all now.
Sounds like the blame game to me. If he sent it in to be modded after 1 1/2 gallons of fuel then it probably should have been pinched. And if it was he would have been instructed to break it in again. If it was one that had been modded already and went back that soon to Rick well then it sounds like damage was done or he cooked it out and caused the problem himself. Rods don't go out from a repinch unless there was already stress or ovaling already done. For someone that wasn't going to say anything on an open thread your sure talked alot of sh$t about something that wasn't yours. I think you summed it up when you said the guy was new to RC.

Last edited by pntmachine; 03-15-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pntmachine
Sounds like the blame game to me. If he sent it in to be modded after 11/2 gallons of fuel then it probably should have been pinched. And if it was he would have been instructed to break it in again. If it was one that had been modded already and went back that soon to Rick well then it sounds like damage was done or he cooked it out and caused the problem himself. Rods don't go out from a repinch unless there was already stress or ovaling already done. For someone that wasn't going to say anything on an open thread your sure talked alot of sh$t about something that wasn't yours. I think you summed it up when you said the guy was new to RC.
I think he meant 1 and 1/2 gallons not 11...
Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

get ready for the firework show
Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
I think he meant 1 and 1/2 gallons not 11...
i think he knew that.. fro reading the rest of his post i think he meant to type 1 1/2... it was just a typo... but who am i to say....

but personally i have had no problem dealing with rick.... he has been modding my engines now since the first revo came out (2.5r)... that was since 2004 i think...
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
i think he knew that.. fro reading the rest of his post i think he meant to type 1 1/2... it was just a typo... but who am i to say....

but personally i have had no problem dealing with rick.... he has been modding my engines now since the first revo came out (2.5r)... that was since 2004 i think...
WORD
Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I live in Arkansas and have used Rick Brake Mod motors and all i can say is i would NOT get one. His work is not as good as it was years back a lot of guys at My track have Quit using him over the last year his work has went DOWN HILL BAD. If i was gone to get a new MOD motor i would give Mark of www.PowerHouseRCPerformance.com you can talk to him on the ColdFusion-Powerhouse Thread.

If you need more INFO on Rick Brake's work PM me and i will let you know some more but i am not gone to Bad Mouth him in a Thread.
isnt that what you just did?

cant speak for ricks work as of late but did some bada$$ shit a few years ago , i know for sure , i have inspected aaallloooottttt of it !!

always fast , always top notch and he is a cool kat to talk to .

i know some other "modders" that send there flunkees to do all kinds of shameless promotions for them
Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston

cant speak for ricks work as of late but did some bada$$ shit a few years ago , i know for sure , i have inspected aaallloooottttt of it !!

i know some other "modders" that send there flunkees to do all kinds of shameless promotions for them
Look it has nothing to do with his modding, in fact the engine in question was my favorite. It has to do with he charged me for parts that were not installed. When I asked him about it and the return of my old part that's when things got out of hand. It's my money,my property he's not paying for it. I am and did. I paid for certain things and did not receive. That's it. As far as his engines go I've had more then one.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston

isnt that what most "modders" do or any one that needs promotion?? ive never been a fan of his work. im surrounded by RB patrons and they spend top dollar w/dude.....i mean a few extra c notes just to get their engines back in a timely manner(bout 15-30days) engines ranging from .12-.28 brands from Nova to Kangaroo and they always sound lean. AB Mods is my modder of choice and NONE of the RB fanboys have lined their engines up to mine

if dudes have a problem w/a modder, by all means shout it out. you spent ur hard earned money for a service and if it wasnt to your likings then you need to speak on it. youve PAID for that right!!
Old 03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I am done with this Thread all i can say is try his work for your self and if you like it then good for you. But i LIVE in Arkansas and have seen WAY more of Ricks Mod motors then most people and will not run one EVER or let him EVER pinch a motor for me so GOOD LUCK.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RBMods

Now as for the guy in AR. I don't think a one knows how to tune. I have seen so much crap come from that area I don't even want to work on there engine any longer. My mods have come a long way in the last 30 years and I still R&D to this day and if anyone has a problem all they have to do is call me instead of flaming someone on the forums. I was modding engines be for computers. To add to this I modded a engine for a guy in Mo and I watched him break it in. Idled one tank through it and took it out ripping up and down the track I knew it wouldn't last long. Sleeve pinching is guess work and I wish I had a dollar for everytime I had one come back over pinched for others before I bought my setup. The remedy is to send it back and let me resize it. Turn the piston round and resize the sleeve to the piston. Sometime the sleeves and piston get out of round. As of 6 months ago I'm turning the pistons if needed and resizing to them.

Last edited by Rick B; 03-15-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.