GO FAST RCRACEWAY!!! In Batavia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GO FAST RCRACEWAY!!! In Batavia

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I know the people who run both the Factory, and CRCRC and they are really great people, I believe Tom and his wife are as well. I have been racing a LOOOOONG time, I think they are on the verge of getting all the pieces in place and having a great program. THey are putting up monitors in the pits, expanding the pits (double the current size) and may just be moving the Proshop over by the pit area, it isnt set in concrete that he is removing it alltogether. He was throwing it out there to see what people thought, along with trying to finalize a weekly race schedule.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
It takes a racer to run a track and program correctly.....i heard this is not the case there.....crcrc and the factory are the only ones who have this vast knowledge.....just having deep pockets wont keep u around too long
Tom is a racer and Steve King (a very respected track builder) is helping Go Fast start up. They are doing a good job and keep getting better. They have great turn out every time I have attended. Matter of fact, there was an A,B and C 8th scale eBuggy class the last time I was there.
Unfortunately as sad and childish as it is, there are a few people who don’t want Go Fast to succeed leaving the Cincinnati Tri state area without a track or people like me who cant justify traveling far. Go Fast is also responsible for a lot of new people starting up in the RC world. I have a lot of respect for Tom and he has been a good asset in this sport/hobby and has taken a lot of risk for us. I have no doubt there will be some big races here in the future. Hopefully you can check it out some time.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it is true that every new business will have its pitfalls. conversely, i have worked for a few employers over the years with a passion for the business they were in with no clue how to make it work. they also refused to take constructive criticism. needless to say, they have closed their doors for business. just food for thought.

i have not been to this track, from dayton its in bfe. although, i will be at the factroy every friday because they are always open, and its a great group of people to hang out with and play with my toy cars!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by babydaddy
Tom is a racer and Steve King (a very respected track builder) is helping Go Fast start up. They are doing a good job and keep getting better. They have great turn out every time I have attended. Matter of fact, there was an A,B and C 8th scale eBuggy class the last time I was there.
Unfortunately as sad and childish as it is, there are a few people who don’t want Go Fast to succeed leaving the Cincinnati Tri state area without a track or people like me who cant justify traveling far. Go Fast is also responsible for a lot of new people starting up in the RC world. I have a lot of respect for Tom and he has been a good asset in this sport/hobby and has taken a lot of risk for us. I have no doubt there will be some big races here in the future. Hopefully you can check it out some time.

Well said, I wasn't going to throw Steve's name in there yet, but he builds a helluva track! I believe they will succeed, there has been a vacuum here in cincy for a long time, Rockfield is a fun track, but not for the 1/8th scale guys, and that is our only other choice for indoor in Cincinnati! I will continue to support both!
Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I haven't been to go fasts track yet, mainly because I run nitro at the factory. I just picked up an ebuggy and plan to check it out. Seems like they have a good turn out there and the owner is trying. I do have to say the things I read that he posts on Facebook make me wonder sometimes.. Lets face it to make a track be successful it takes a lot of time, and you need people to come out and support it. Weekends are where you make your money, and being closed on weekends to me is like flushing money away.

I will say that I really enjoy the factory, they do a great job up there and the onsite hobby shop ALWAYS has what you need. The prices are fair, and I dont mind paying a buck or 2 more because of the service, and convenience factor. IF you haven't been to the factory I suggest you check it out.

As far as the drive there are enough people that ride up there every weekend I'm sure we could get some carpools together.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I really don't think any people out there wish go fast anything bad. I personally like all the tracks in the area, there is a nitch for everyone. I personally know most all the guys at the factory and they are a great crowd. You don't hear or see anyone from there or crc bashing go fast. So lets not start anything between the tracks, especially since neither of the owners of either track are on here.

Anyone can pay their $15 - 20 to race and then get on here and shoot thier mouth off.. So lets keep this thread about the track and the things that are going on there to make it better.

I think Tom and the crew are taking some time to redo things at the track move pits around, make decisions on the hobby shop and redo the layout. they have been hard and heavy at this for months and have been doing a great job.

As far as facebook, it was getting a bit crazy, not sure what pushed it over the edge, but its gone now so lets move on.

Anyways the Factory is open friday and sunday if you want to race this weekend, I am going to try to make it up one or the other. And next week I'll be back to Go fast if there is a race day on the new schedule for me, I work alot of saturdays so hopefully they wont kill off friday night racing.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the Factory is CLOSED all weekend this weekend. They are having a big auction and Curt is closed because of this.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I haven't been to go fasts track yet, mainly because I run nitro at the factory. I just picked up an ebuggy and plan to check it out. Seems like they have a good turn out there and the owner is trying. I do have to say the things I read that he posts on Facebook make me wonder sometimes.. Lets face it to make a track be successful it takes a lot of time, and you need people to come out and support it. Weekends are where you make your money, and being closed on weekends to me is like flushing money away.

I will say that I really enjoy the factory, they do a great job up there and the onsite hobby shop ALWAYS has what you need. The prices are fair, and I dont mind paying a buck or 2 more because of the service, and convenience factor. IF you haven't been to the factory I suggest you check it out.

As far as the drive there are enough people that ride up there every weekend I'm sure we could get some carpools together.

They are not closing on weekends, where did you get that? They are not going to race on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, that is what they have been doing they are going to take one of those days off, not all of them. I own a business, its not the gas I am worried about going to the factory, its the time! Driving 45 minutes to an hour then spending 6 to 8 hours there, then another hour home, is just not feasible for me! I will go sometimes, just not an every week thing, heck I will only be racing every other week if that, as it is!! I just would like everyone to give them some time to get there program together before they give up on them.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bigemike
I really don't think any people out there wish go fast anything bad. I personally like all the tracks in the area, there is a nitch for everyone. I personally know most all the guys at the factory and they are a great crowd. You don't hear or see anyone from there or crc bashing go fast. So lets not start anything between the tracks, especially since neither of the owners of either track are on here.

Anyone can pay their $15 - 20 to race and then get on here and shoot thier mouth off.. So lets keep this thread about the track and the things that are going on there to make it better.

I think Tom and the crew are taking some time to redo things at the track move pits around, make decisions on the hobby shop and redo the layout. they have been hard and heavy at this for months and have been doing a great job.

As far as facebook, it was getting a bit crazy, not sure what pushed it over the edge, but its gone now so lets move on.

Anyways the Factory is open friday and sunday if you want to race this weekend, I am going to try to make it up one or the other. And next week I'll be back to Go fast if there is a race day on the new schedule for me, I work alot of saturdays so hopefully they wont kill off friday night racing.
Agreed Mike, its not a thing against any other tracks at all, I want them all to be open forever! its always nice to have more places to race! That way it never gets boring!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I personally feel like we are LUCKY to have such a nice indoor facility in the Cincy area. I live South of the river... so the likelihood of me trekking all the way up to the Factory is not super likely. As it is it takes me 45 min to get to Batavia!

I also own my own business and Saturdays are one of the days I pretty much have to have a really good reason to not be available to my clientele. Going racing my toy car doesn't cut it.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I believe the Factory is CLOSED all weekend this weekend. They are having a big auction and Curt is closed because of this.
i texted curt earlier normal racing programs this weekend. from the horse's mouth. Anyone want to go up sunday??
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys, looks like a bunch of us are going to the factory friday for some e scale.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigemike
i texted curt earlier normal racing programs this weekend. from the horse's mouth. Anyone want to go up sunday??
What? He told everyone he was closed this weekend for an auction. Ask him if it's just Saturday that he is closed?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Just spoke with him. It's just saturday that hes closed. Friday doors open at 4 racing starts at 7. Sunday doors open at 8 racing starts at 12.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Normal racing @ crcrc friday nite & sunday. Its $15 unlimited classes and 1/8e scale will be racing friday for sure!!!! Come on up!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.