Community
Wiki Posts
Search

---FOSTER'S SC8---

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Bonghitmike , What are you going to use for the switch to activate the brake lights. Mine works but once in a while they dont come on. I havent even taken it to the track yet, so im sure there going to move around and probably work less. I could add more throw to the servo and it would push harder against the switch which would solve the issue, but dont really want to burn out servos.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Brakes off

Brakes on

And mike said "Let there be light"

The switch i used SPST 1mS/5VDC Wired Detect Switch
Catalog #: 275-008
$1.99 From radio shack
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Awesome Work!!!....I was wondering what happened to you Mike....I remember your threads on AE's Forum....I didn't know you had this one going...KOOL!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ill be at Radio Shack tomorrow to get that switch, thats soooo much better than what im using.

What are you using for power ? Looking at yours i think i need to clean my wiring up a little.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madbrad
What are you using for power ?
Get power from the third channel in my receiver
Old 04-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

So the front bearing in my engine finally went out on me after almost two years. I ordered a new Pro .28 block to rebuild it, just waiting for it to arrive. But I have also made the choice to put in a Go Tech .25 6 port race engine in it, with a JP-3 pipe. Can't wait to see the difference.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not sure what you're paying for that GoTech, but you should consider putting a Clockwork Racing JL .21 ( $250 fully modded with a lapped piston ). I put one in my RC8T and it's fantastic! They run great on a JP3 or JP1.

I also have a Clockwork modded P7R which I just loved when it was in the truggy. That one will be going into the SC8 for now, but I may put a JL in there next time around. That JL has some crazy top end speed. Just something for you to consider
Old 04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If anyone is interested in an SC8, I have one I would like to get rid of. I love the truck to death however after a year no one else is going to get one to race so I am solo and have put it on the shelf.

PM me for details.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Went to the race's today and got Adrian Cenni to sign my truck. Very nice guy
Old 04-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

That's pretty awesome dude!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I'm not sure what you're paying for that GoTech, but you should consider putting a Clockwork Racing JL .21 ( $250 fully modded with a lapped piston ). I put one in my RC8T and it's fantastic! They run great on a JP3 or JP1.

I also have a Clockwork modded P7R which I just loved when it was in the truggy. That one will be going into the SC8 for now, but I may put a JL in there next time around. That JL has some crazy top end speed. Just something for you to consider
I'm only paying 180 for the Go Tech engine. I have heard good things about this engine and i dont really wont to steep down from a .28 to a .21 so thats why i'm just going to rebuild that pro .28 and get the go tech .25 to try out. I was going to call Neal at Clockwork Racing and see if he wants to mod the go tech for me.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bonghitmike
I'm only paying 180 for the Go Tech engine. I have heard good things about this engine and i dont really wont to steep down from a .28 to a .21 so thats why i'm just going to rebuild that pro .28 and get the go tech .25 to try out. I was going to call Neal at Clockwork Racing and see if he wants to mod the go tech for me.
That's certainly a fair deal for that mill. To be honest, you'll be stepping up going from a .28 to a good .21 IMO. I never used to believe it before, but I do now ( not one .28 stands a chance at our club track ) I guess it all depends what you're after, but my Clocked .21 engines ( I've also ran a Clocked CRF .21, and a Clocked Sirio CL3b ) have been the most amazing engines I've owned..it's almost addictive.

Check out some of my Youtube/Vimeo vids, same username there as here ( and everywhere else ), and check some of Neal's ( Youtube: Nitrojedi ) for raw footage. One thing I will say that stands out about Neal, he'd rather show you what his engines can do, rather than just 'tell' you

He's modded Go engines with excellent results, and I'm sure he'd do yours. In fact, I was going to buy a Go from him, but opted for the JL .21, which is turning out to be just an amazingly fast engine! I'm talking scary fast on the track, I just love it

Whatever way you go, I hope you love it like I love mine
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

I forgot to add, I have a friend with an RC8T RTR, with the Pro .28 engine.

We drag raced in front of my house, I let him take the jump on me, and when he got ahead of me by 5 or 6 feet, I gunned it, caught him so fast in under 20 feet that I drove over his rear tire with my front tire, and backflipped my RC8T..we both chuckled because it looked pretty insane, and then he said, " HOLY MAN DID YOU EVER CATCH ME FAST! WOW!! "

I didn't realize that I was that close to him because we were driving them across the street from my house, but it sure looked funny how fast I caught him..I have a good idea what engine he'll be buying when his .28 dies
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Awesome!!...on the Adrian Cenni Signature Mike!!...I bet he liked your truck being Orange huh??....LOL....Wish I was close enough to make it to one of those races...
Old 04-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Mike, here's a vid my buddy filmed of me driving my Clockwork JL .21 powered RC8T if you're curious to see the speed, you'll have to skip to 4:09 and I'm the one with the Punisher body and yellow wing:

Skip To 4:09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.