Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Was looking at some pics of Ryan C. 2015 T5M and seen one that showed the battery in it top view what size battery is that? I can see its a Orion 4500 I mean outside dimension wise, is that a shorty pack. I got the square packs for mine and it fills up the battery area side to side and I can only move it front to rear the thickness of the small piece of foam it came with. Was just wondering as it seems a shorty pack if that's what it is would give you more adjustment as far as weight placement front to rear. Here is link from the pics I am talking about you got to scroll down to the T5M
https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...ts_Desktop.pdf
Also I noticed looking at the springs they are a lot longer than the ones that came in the kit what are they?
here's the battery you are talking about: http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...c=&pn=orn14066
Old 10-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
I want to hear what happens when you run it "backwards".

Why would you flip it? Why not...just leave it?
I think we need an AE answer as this has been discussed and never resolved, lol. The reason I put it in as the instructions say is just so each time I need to adjust on a car I know what side it is on, opposite of spur. It shouldn't matter which way you put the diff into the case though, nothing changes other then what side the head and nut are on, but I'm not a mechanical engineer.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
I think we need an AE answer as this has been discussed and never resolved, lol. The reason I put it in as the instructions say is just so each time I need to adjust on a car I know what side it is on, opposite of spur. It shouldn't matter which way you put the diff into the case though, nothing changes other then what side the head and nut are on, but I'm not a mechanical engineer.
Ever flip it and try it?

Hint: Nothing changes, just the adjustment is on the other side.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have always just put the diff adjustment on the same side as the slipper so I remember where it is.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

only thing I can think of is the fact that one way it stays tight the other it may loosen because of rotation direction. Not sure about this just speculating.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

welp, took today off work to build my t5m and what do you know, i cant even finish step one. i got one wrong size bearing for the steering rack. i guess thats my punishment for blowing off work, lol.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't know that flipping the diff would make a difference it should not loosen up due to the nylock nut, but and this might be an insignificant but, the gears will most likely have a wear pattern even if it is slight that might make a difference when reassembling it if flipping around. I don't know that it would I do know that I always try to keep the rotation of the diff gear the same for that reason, probably doesn't make a bit of difference but it is how I am lol.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

What springs are these Ryan is using, if you look at the setup sheet it simply says "AE Truck White" and the 5mm spring cups. https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...lieri_ROAR.pdf

And if you look at the pictures here

have to scroll down in the second link to ge to the T5M they are a lot longer than the ones in the kit, does anyone have a clue as to what they are? Unless the pics are just generic and not actually his from the ROAR race.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

What springs are these Ryan is using, if you look at the setup sheet it simply says "AE Truck White" and the 5mm spring cups. https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...lieri_ROAR.pdf

And if you look at the pictures here

have to scroll down in the second link to ge to the T5M they are a lot longer than the ones in the kit, does anyone have a clue as to what they are? Unless the pics are just generic and not actually his from the ROAR race.
They are the SC5m springs.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone using Ryan's nats setup? Curious how it is? Thanks. Also have a part number for the front and rear white shock springs? Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran that setup with the exception of the springs he used, and I had the 4-gear trans., this past weekend, and I really liked it. The track was a tight technical track with a couple odd hard jumps, and I could put it almost anywhere I wanted to. I am going to order the set of springs that he had, and order the motor plate and slipper cover to put mine to the 3-gear. Was a mod not stock class, and was my first time driving this truck, I think with more track time a just those mods it will be killer.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

I ran that setup with the exception of the springs he used, and I had the 4-gear trans., this past weekend, and I really liked it. The track was a tight technical track with a couple odd hard jumps, and I could put it almost anywhere I wanted to. I am going to order the set of springs that he had, and order the motor plate and slipper cover to put mine to the 3-gear. Was a mod not stock class, and was my first time driving this truck, I think with more track time a just those mods it will be killer.
Thanks for that info I'm going to run it this weekend on a tight technical track also soo I'm thinking I will like it also. Do u have any idea what the part numbers are for the springs?
Old 10-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

ASC91342 ASC91344 These are kits of 3 each I didn't look for the individuals. Also something I forgot to mention was I only had a set of bar codes and they were a little to aggressive for the first 2 qual's next time I race I'm going to get a set of chain links to start with and then switch to the others later in the race once the track gets a little drier and dusty.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone know how i can get 1mm steering stop spacing the way cav's setup is? And which hole does the ball stud go in on the rear stud mount inner or outer? his setup sheet shows the outer hole but the pics of his truck show the inner im confused. thanks for help

Last edited by DIRT DIGGER; 10-07-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.