Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree99Likes

Serpent Cobra GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We need some 1/8 GT presence in Taiwan's onroad scene (country where I came from originally), especially Serpent GTs.........
Check out these awesome photos!!!
http://teamserpent.com/blog/2013/08/...t-taiwan-cup/#
Old 08-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He's from Hawaii, don't let him kid you.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:27 AM
DDG
Tech Initiate

Any of you guys know the part number of the f/r new gear diff included in the new kits. The one without the shim. and has a brown like spring steel colour metal in the middle where you insert the outdrives.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone had experience with these? Saw it on AMain today and seems like an interesting concept but I'm wondering what the reality is?

RB-Products-ADS-Automatic-Damping-System
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Serpent-Cobra
Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Has anyone had experience with these? Saw it on AMain today and seems like an interesting concept but I'm wondering what the reality is?

RB-Products-ADS-Automatic-Damping-System
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Serpent-Cobra
I havent messed with them on on road but they are very sensitive to temperature and have a very small tuning window on offroad. Most have pulled them out since you literally have to change oils just about every round. On road may not be so bad but not sure. IMO I think it is because the rebound is also progressive and goes from slow to fast instead of the other way around, so once you have met full compression it takes longer to get back to full rebound especially the initial movement.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DDG
Any of you guys know the part number of the f/r new gear diff included in the new kits. The one without the shim. and has a brown like spring steel colour metal in the middle where you insert the outdrives.
V2 diff gears are SER600627 and can be used in the stock diff case of both the early versions and the new. I'm pretty sure they only changed the gears on the new Diff.

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...5&cat=0&page=1

Last edited by TerribleTy; 08-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 PM
DDG
Tech Initiate

Thanks Ty for the reply but sorry, what I meant was the diff gear case. The case that has a brown spring steel colour thing in the middle where you insert the outdrives.
D.A.V.E just a suggestion ) you are better off trying mantis dual stage pistons they work beautifully. It improved my lap time easily by .4-.5 of a second. The cornering was really smooth and when you go out of the corners, that dribbling sound of the suspension and tires was non existent.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DDG
Thanks Ty for the reply but sorry, what I meant was the diff gear case. The case that has a brown spring steel colour thing in the middle where you insert the outdrives.
D.A.V.E just a suggestion ) you are better off trying mantis dual stage pistons they work beautifully. It improved my lap time easily by .4-.5 of a second. The cornering was really smooth and when you go out of the corners, that dribbling sound of the suspension and tires was non existent.
Part number on the case is SER600425, sorry I was trying to guess what you were talking about.
http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/p...4&cat=0&page=1
Old 08-25-2013, 03:12 AM
DDG
Tech Initiate

Thanks TY )
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just wanted to pop in and say it was great meeting you Mike and Andy at the GLC. I hope you made it home safe and are thinking of coming back next year. I hope to be more competitive or at least have better luck...
Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcsquish
I just wanted to pop in and say it was great meeting you Mike and Andy at the GLC. I hope you made it home safe and are thinking of coming back next year. I hope to be more competitive or at least have better luck...
It was very nice to meet you as well Scott. Please continue to stay positive and spread good words about 1/8 GT class. I am sure 1/8 GT will grow once again in the midwest region .
Old 08-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

As a new member of the Serpent team , I have to say this car is impressive. First five races with Sweep shoes have all been wins. No mechanical issues at all, and I know I am leaving some on the table with setup. Glad to be on board and appreciate all the wisdom and experience available here.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
As a new member of the Serpent team , I have to say this car is impressive. First five races with Sweep shoes have all been wins. No mechanical issues at all, and I know I am leaving some on the table with setup. Glad to be on board and appreciate all the wisdom and experience available here.
Gussie, it's good to see you finally got a real car !! Seeing you DNFing every round at TZGP was the saddest thing I saw this year. Welcome to the real world !!

Jacko
Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spooky 1
I took the Spooky's GT8 Open Series Championship with an absolutely flawless Cobra GT. Consistency kills and lets just say the Serpent is deadly. I did not have a single issue with a mechanical failure of any kind. Each night I put the car out I was very confident the Serpent would be solid and my Novarossi would be strong. I finished one or two in every race, thank you Serpent for such a great product!

Also we got a great demonstration on how the car is great for everyone. I gave my original Cobra GT to an up and coming racer in our sportsman class. The first night out he put the spank down with it. We were all set aside on the difference it made. The big smile on his face was all I needed in thanks.

Its very ORANGE in Utah!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.